over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Specialty bars and equipment

J.DREDD

Registered
Newbies
Does anyone here find any specialty bars particularly useful/productive?

I started using squat shoes and heel wedges for squat pattern movements a while back and have found them both super helpful.

I used a safety squat/ yoke bar years ago after my shoulder was tweaked pretty good and reaching back to grab the bar for high bar back squats was rough. I immediately found it to be such a useful tool for squats, good mornings, etc.

Recently purchased a multigrip/football bar/Swiss bar, whatever you want to call a bar with a serious of almost parallel handles for pressing. This this is wicked for front delt presses and skull crushers. The parallel/near parallel grips take so much strain off my elbows it’s amazing.

I’m also a big fan of a sissy squat rig, after a significant warmup of course.

I’m sure there are others, but are there tools, bars, etc you have come to adopt and love over the years? Was it due to injury or variety?

I got a trap/hex bar a couple years ago and rarely do conventional straight bar deads anymore. I just prefer the ease of keeping a more upright torso and being able to further emphasize leg drive when pulling from a deficit. I also like the versatility; I'll sometimes use it for farmer walks and walking lunges too.

Really considering pulling the trigger on a safety squat bar as I've had to deal with a similar shoulder issue as you - I've got a bit of adhesive capsulitis in my right shoulder and gripping the bar for barbell squats is just constant discomfort.

All bars mentioned thus far i find essential for variation purposes. Another is the Axle bar. Seems to lessen stress on shoulders.

Man all the stuff from Kabuki ain’t cheap but it’s seriously so bad ass!
definitely badass bars and thankful for them making them. luckily my gym cares a lot about its members and gets additions to the gym so i personally havent had to pay for the bars

Most of the useful bars have already been mentioned. SSB is useful for squat variety, myriad assistance movements, and especially for guys that have shoulder mobility limitations. Heck even for guys that back squats beat up their elbows.

Football/Swiss bar has far fewer uses but is great for some upper body movements. If it’s available at your gym then it’s great. If you need to buy it for a home gym thrn funds can likely be better srng elsewhere.

Hex bars can provide a great deadlift alternative, and are pretty useful for other variations. They range in price pretty dramatically. I will say that Kabuki’s looks pretty damn cool. Again, pricey for a home gym but definitely something I’d use if my gym had it.

Brother, I have them all!

I do high rep low weight squats with a buffalo or safety bar every morning and bench and rows with a Swiss bar every morning as part of a heavy cardio circuit before I run.. and I still go heavy with all of them in my workout later in the day.

They are great for targeting muscles/movements without over stressing joints in particular lifts, hence why I use them daily without issue

The marrs bar is my favorite to squat with. Feels similar to a low bar squat, but with only of the shoulder and elbow stress.

The marrs bar is my favorite to squat with. Feels similar to a low bar squat, but with only of the shoulder and elbow stress.
That thing looks super interesting but man it’s one of the priciest bars out there!!

im a fan of the duffalo bar for extra rom on the bench press and i like the ssb bar as well for back off sets on squats
I think that the greater range of motion is generally a good thing but on benches I think you are are putting yourself at greater risk for injury. But you probably, already know by now I am not a fan of bench presses.

Got a squat safety bar because my shoulders are absolute fucked so now i can squat again, also got the Kabuki kadillac bar to bench to save my shoulders and its really fuckin nice.

Big fan of tsunami bars for keeping the shoulders healthy. Love a good yoke bar, I’ve used a duffalo bar a few times and would love to own one. Fat bars, Swiss bars, I use them all. And do yourself a favor and buy a Thompson fat pad for your bench

SSB and I own the Edge Slim Combo bar which is nice. Would like a Marrs bar but as long as I keep my bodyweight down I have no issues doing low bar, plus it would overwhelm my bar storage.

love this for various pulls https://www.troyfitness.com/online-store/SupraBar-Spreader-Bar-p111720238

also this piece for cable stiff-arm pulldowns, rows, and triceps https://www.fortisequipment.com/product/triceps-attachment/

also IMO, few things are as valuable as a good pair of heeled OLY weightlifting shoes for leg training (specifically for quads). more bodybuilders should utilize heeled shoes, wedges, or inserts that elevate the heel, especially the tall guys who can't feel their quads during Squats or Lunges or achieve a low depth. Would make their lives much easier and less complicated. Wish I had them when I was a youngster.

elitefts american cambered bar-best bar for presses and rows
transformer bar by kabuki best lower body bar
texas power deadlift bar & squat bar, if you use over 4 plates regularly for the deadlift and squat.

love this for various pulls https://www.troyfitness.com/online-store/SupraBar-Spreader-Bar-p111720238

also this piece for cable stiff-arm pulldowns, rows, and triceps https://www.fortisequipment.com/product/triceps-attachment/

also IMO, few things are as valuable as a good pair of heeled OLY weightlifting shoes for leg training (specifically for quads). more bodybuilders should utilize heeled shoes, wedges, or inserts that elevate the heel, especially the tall guys who can't feel their quads during Squats or Lunges or achieve a low depth. Would make their lives much easier and less complicated. Wish I had them when I was a youngster.

One of my workout partners used to train in his jump boots. One hell of a squatter.
I could never keep up. Not even close. I remember once when he was backing up
from the squat rack, he stumbles and falls to the platform like he was hit in the head
with a blackjack, all this with his warmup weight of 225 on his back. Not so amazing
I know. But wait . . . on the ground, with the weight still on his shoulders, he gets up
and starts squatting. Friggin amazing.

Fan of Buffalo Bar and SSB (bad shoulders). I have 'em all in my home gym.
Also, log-press, Swiss-Bar, Viking-Press (handle) Trap-bars, etc.

Fan of Buffalo Bar and SSB (bad shoulders). I have 'em all in my home gym.
Also, log-press, Swiss-Bar, Viking-Press (handle) Trap-bars, etc.
Forgot about a viking press attachment. Great accessory piece and not terribly expensive. Sometimes a bit of an inconvenience to setup though. Essentially another way to get our hands in neutral position.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131