Sponsors and Confusion of CJC/MOD GRF 1-29

wutang11

Newbies
Hello,

I am very interested in running dats cycle of ghrp-2 and Mod GRF1-29

But....

The boards sponsors have confused me...

Amino Outpost sells both

CJC-1293-Modified GRF(1-29) and CJC-1295 w/o DAC (2mg)

which peptide would dat's protocol call for?

Also...
Genesis Peptides Sells both
Mod GRF 1-29, CJC-1295, and CJC-1295DAC

Is their Mod GRF 1-29 the same peptide as their CJC-1295?

I know I want to stay away from the DAC... But i am getting confused when I see Mod GRF 1-29 and CJC-1295 being sold on the same site, especially when their is no DAC with the CJC.

Please help.

I believe cjc-1293 and cjc-1295 w/out DAC are thechnically supposed to be the same thing, but I'm not positive. I believe that mod GRF 1-29 (cjc-1293) got its name from the fact that it is a modified amino acid chain of the FDA approved drug Sermorelin (which I believe is cjc 1295 w/out DAC).

Either way I would stick with mod GRF 1-29 (cjc-1293) if your supplier has it available.

BEAST

Wutang, it depends on who yo are talking to and doing business with, I sell CJC 1295, whch is a completely different amino acid sequence than MOD GRF 1-29. The Chinese tend to sell their MOD as CJC, a lot of Chinese peptide companies do this, it is cheaper to produce MOD than CJC, and since you as a consumer probably couldn't tell the difference......... then, OH WELL, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, right ?

Wutang, it depends on who yo are talking to and doing business with, I sell CJC 1295, whch is a completely different amino acid sequence than MOD GRF 1-29. The Chinese tend to sell their MOD as CJC, a lot of Chinese peptide companies do this, it is cheaper to produce MOD than CJC, and since you as a consumer probably couldn't tell the difference......... then, OH WELL, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, right ?

thanks for the reply, what is the difference between your cjc1295 without dac and Mod GRF 1-29? I always thought that they were the same thing if the dac was not present?

You have to look at the amino acid sequence to tell which is which.

Mod GRF(1-29) has an amino acid sequence of:

Tyr-D-Ala-Asp-Ala-Ile-Phe-Thr-Gln-Ser-Tyr-Arg-Lys-Val-Leu-Ala-Gln-Leu-Ser-Ala-Arg-Lys-Leu-Leu-Gln-Asp-Ile-Leu-Ser-Arg-NH2

Match is up to what the seller has and you have Mod GRF.

Then what is the difference between cjc 1295 you sell and mod grf 1 29? Can you run the cjc with a GHRP instead off the mod grf and still be effective because its way cheaper. If no, where does it fit into a peptides regimen?

Then what is the difference between cjc 1295 you sell and mod grf 1 29? Can you run the cjc with a GHRP instead off the mod grf and still be effective because its way cheaper. If no, where does it fit into a peptides regimen?

I'm not sure who your source is, but cjc-1295 cost more to produce and is the more expensive GHRH from all the sources I know of. You need to read all the posts in Dats threads on the subject. Thats a very basic question, the difference between grf (1-29) and cjc-1295...if you don't know that, you shouldn't be using these substances....

Dude look at their website.10mg is $70 whereas its $40 for two mg of mod grf

Dude look at their website.10mg is $70 whereas its $40 for two mg of mod grf

First of all, I would never buy 10mg of a peptide, thats too much to have sitting around for way too long by the time you got through it all. True cjc-1295, based on all the research I've done over the years, is more difficult to synthesize, hence its always been more expensive. The 5 or 6 labs I deal with all have true cjc-1295 as the most expensive. There are many labs now mis-labeling their GHRH, some call it cjc-1293, some call it cjc-1295 W/out DAC etc. CJC-1295 IS the GHRH with the attached drug-affinity complex, extending its action to several days. MODIFIED GRF (1-29) is the tetra-substituted GHRH extending its half life to around the 30 minute mark, longer than sermorelin, which last mere minutes, and you avoid the chronically raised trough GH levels, which you may know as "GH Bleed". Like it was said already, the only true way to figure out what the heck your buying is to look at the amino acid sequencing.

Two entirely different animals IF you have the real thing

I'd also like to know the difference and the amino sequence of your CJC-1295 (without DAC) product, which is on sale. Everything I read says they are the same. And how would CJC-1295 (without DAC) be less expensive to manufacture than (mod) GRF 1-29.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You have to look at the amino acid sequence to tell which is which.

Mod GRF(1-29) has an amino acid sequence of:

Tyr-D-Ala-Asp-Ala-Ile-Phe-Thr-Gln-Ser-Tyr-Arg-Lys-Val-Leu-Ala-Gln-Leu-Ser-Ala-Arg-Lys-Leu-Leu-Gln-Asp-Ile-Leu-Ser-Arg-NH2

Match is up to what the seller has and you have Mod GRF.

I am quoting Figure 1 from Teichman et al. Prolonged stimulation of growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor I secretion by CJC-1295, a long-acting analog of GH-releasing hormone, in healthy adults. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Mar;91(3):799-805.

"Chemical structure of the CJC-1295 (DAC-GRF). The core therapeutic moiety is a tetrasubstituted GHRH-(1-29)NH2. The substituted amino acids are shown in italics. The linker is lysine, and the reactive chemical is maleimideopropionic acid that binds covalently to the single unpaired cysteine (cysteine 34) in serum albumin."

The sequence in the figure: Tyr-dAla-Asp-Ala-Ile-Phe-Thr-Gln-Ser-Tyr-Arg-Lys-Val-Leu-Ala-Gln-Leu-Ser-Ala-Arg-Lys-Leu-Leu-Gln-Asp-Ile-Leu-Ser-Arg-(LYS LINKER + DAC)

So the core of CJC-1295 is identical to the sequence you gave as Mod GRF (1-29). In synthesizing CJC-1295 with DAC, you would not add the final lysine and then add the DAC to the lysine. This Lys+DAC would be synthesized separately and then added to the end of the growing chain as Lys+DAC. If you tried to attach DAC without the linker to the polypeptide, the reactive end of the DAC would attach itself to the two other lysines in the chain, in addition to the final lysine used as the linker.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-11-14 at 6.35.06 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-11-14 at 6.35.06 PM.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,185
Last edited:
Good post. Thanks for that! It clears some things up for sure.

I am quoting Figure 1 from Teichman et al. Prolonged stimulation of growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor I secretion by CJC-1295, a long-acting analog of GH-releasing hormone, in healthy adults. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Mar;91(3):799-805.

"Chemical structure of the CJC-1295 (DAC-GRF). The core therapeutic moiety is a tetrasubstituted GHRH-(1-29)NH2. The substituted amino acids are shown in italics. The linker is lysine, and the reactive chemical is maleimideopropionic acid that binds covalently to the single unpaired cysteine (cysteine 34) in serum albumin."

The sequence in the figure: Tyr-dAla-Asp-Ala-Ile-Phe-Thr-Gln-Ser-Tyr-Arg-Lys-Val-Leu-Ala-Gln-Leu-Ser-Ala-Arg-Lys-Leu-Leu-Gln-Asp-Ile-Leu-Ser-Arg-(LYS LINKER + DAC)

So the core of CJC-1295 is identical to the sequence you gave as Mod GRF (1-29). In synthesizing CJC-1295 with DAC, you would not add the final lysine and then add the DAC to the lysine. This Lys+DAC would be synthesized separately and then added to the end of the growing chain as Lys+DAC. If you tried to attach DAC without the linker to the polypeptide, the reactive end of the DAC would attach itself to the two other lysines in the chain, in addition to the final lysine used as the linker.

Good post. Thanks for that! It clears some things up for sure.

Here's my second post, a peptide family tree, taken from the Materials & Methods section of:

Jette et al. Human Growth Hormone-Releasing Factor (hGRF)1-29 Albumin Bioconjugates Activate the GRF Receptor on the Anterior Pituitary in Rats: Identification of CJC-1295 as a Long-Lasting GRF Analog. Endocrinology. 2005 Jul;146(7):3052-8.

The first peptide is the GRF fragment with amino acids 1-29, native sequence.

The second peptide is CJC-1288, which is the native GRF(1-29) sequence with the Lysine linker+DAC added to the end (K is the single letter code for lysine).

The third peptide is CJC-1293. Here, the sequence is NOT the native sequence. There has been a single amino acid substitution at position 2 (note the lowercase and bolded "a" indicating the dAla.) Note the presence of the Lys+DAC at position 30. CJC-1293 is not simply CJC-1295 without DAC. True CJC-1293, as these authors (who work at ConjuChem) synthesized and as they published, includes DAC. What any particular peptide company sells as CJC-1293 may be different, and you will have to ask them. If a peptide house were selling the base peptide without the Lys+DAC as "CJC-1293," it would be more properly named "D-Ala2-GRF(1-29)" or "D-Ala2-GHRH(1-29)," because this is how this peptide is named in the literature. The D-Ala2 substitution that increases half-life was discovered and known prior (published in 1994) to ConjuChem adding the Lys-DAC moiety at the end (published in 2005).

Finally, we have the CJC-1295 peptide. There are 4 bolded amino acids, indicating 4 substitutions (tetrasubstituted), plus the Lys+DAC at position 30.

MPA is the DAC moiety.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-11-15 at 8.16.48 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-11-15 at 8.16.48 PM.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,142
Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics