over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Spot Grip DB spotters

I love heavy dumbbell inclines and slight declines, but getting the dumbbells into position is risky for me.
I workout alone and like to use rest pause on heavy days. Spot grip appears to be a useful piece of equipment. Hoping someone has experience with this equipment.

If you train alone and want to hit true failure this is pretty darn cool!

Never used those.But back in the days i had some called power hooks.They really worked well and were pretty cheap if i remember correctly.

Those would have saved me a trip to the orthopedic surgeon but honestly
I can't see monopolizing a rack to do dumbbell presses is gonna make you many friends.

I really really like that!!

Wasn't "tkav1980" trying to build something like that??

Reactions: Bio
Yep, purchased them several months ago. I love mine for heavy over head db presses. Just remember the spot grips weigh 10lbs so keep that in mind when your selecting your working weight!

Cage

Yep, purchased them several months ago. I love mine for heavy over head db presses. Just remember the spot grips weigh 10lbs so keep that in mind when your selecting your working weight!
Cage, Does the spot grip system make lifting the dumbbells awkward or clumsy. How does it compare to lifting dumbbells without spot grips?

I really really like that!!

Wasn't "tkav1980" trying to build something like that??
Goddamnit! Yes! I even when to a local junk yard and took the entire seatbelt assembly off of a f150 to try to figure out how it works l. It’s sitting on my work bench in pieces.
day late and a dollar short.

I have zero issues working out with em. What I did first is use something super light first to get a feel for em. So I used 40lbs for seated military presses. That’s a a 30lb dumbbell plus 10lb for the spot grips. Then I kept upping the weight till I got to my usual working weight. I really like mine. So nice not having to hoist up 130lb+ db’s for overhead presses. My shoulders thank me!!!!!!!

Cage

Okay, now someone go make a version of these that aren't $499. I was going to go order them until I saw the price.

The Ironmaster dumbbells lock into place, but normal dumbbells would probably still stand upright. It would eliminate the need for a power rack and they're almost $200 cheaper.

Those would have saved me a trip to the orthopedic surgeon but honestly
I can't see monopolizing a rack to do dumbbell presses is gonna make you many friends.
Man I wish I could work out at the gym that you train at.

All the gyms around me are occupied by clueless idiots that just camp around equipment and take selfies all day of their skinny physiques in a spaghetti strap tank top. Smh

All the gyms around me are occupied by clueless idiots that just camp around equipment and take selfies all day of their skinny physiques in a spaghetti strap tank top. Smh
Mines mostly old people who just shuffle around and stand in everyone’s way. Drives me crazy. Before covid hit I went to a badass hardcore gym with fat pad benches, chains, bands, a strongman pit with a yoke, loading stones, 210 pound dumbells, and tons of other shit. They went out of business due to covid and it absolutely devastated me

man I feel that. I now drive an hour one way 4 times a week to get to this gym because I cannot stand these kind of people or corporate gyms.

If you train alone and want to hit true failure this is pretty darn cool!

That’s why I bought em for…. Works awesome for it too… And also saves my shoulders from injury hoisting up heavy db’s.

Cage

Does anyone have experience with spot grip system.

I originally had mine set up inside my Powertec rack. However, I noticed my cage was getting too narrow in order for me to press them parallel to my shoulders. So I purchased a couple ceiling/wall mounts from Titan and hung mine from the ceiling in front of my rack. You can save a few bucks on the ceiling mounts by getting them from Home Depot. I just liked the ones from Titan. Looked more professional for my gym set up.

Cage

8F0B4FF3-A646-4C8E-AD80-85E55177C053.jpeg

I originally had mine set up inside my Powertec rack. However, I noticed my cage was getting too narrow in order for me to press them parallel to my shoulders. So I purchased a couple ceiling/wall mounts from Titan and hung mine from the ceiling in front of my rack. You can save a few bucks on the ceiling mounts by getting them from Home Depot. I just liked the ones from Titan. Looked more professional for my gym set up.

Cage

View attachment 152021
Good idea

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members