over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Spot Grip DB spotters

I originally had mine set up inside my Powertec rack. However, I noticed my cage was getting too narrow in order for me to press them parallel to my shoulders. So I purchased a couple ceiling/wall mounts from Titan and hung mine from the ceiling in front of my rack. You can save a few bucks on the ceiling mounts by getting them from Home Depot. I just liked the ones from Titan. Looked more professional for my gym set up.

Cage

View attachment 152021
how long did it take for spot grips to ship this to you? I'm thinking about ordering a pair since I work out at home now.

how long did it take for spot grips to ship this to you? I'm thinking about ordering a pair since I work out at home now.
Umm it’s been a while since I ordered em, but it wasn’t anything crazy long! Think it was maybe 5-8 days. I love mine since I’m at home and work out solo. Comes in handy when you wanna go to failure and not drop heavy ass dumbbells on you. Plus no more kicking them up by the knees to get em in place. Money well spent for me!

Cage

Power-hooks IMO are better (for me). Can hang -'em right off a bar, and not have to mess with all that adjusting.

Umm it’s been a while since I ordered em, but it wasn’t anything crazy long! Think it was maybe 5-8 days. I love mine since I’m at home and work out solo. Comes in handy when you wanna go to failure and not drop heavy ass dumbbells on you. Plus no more kicking them up by the knees to get em in place. Money well spent for me!

Cage
So I just bought these since I workout at home half the time and use mainly dumbbells. Did you have an mechanical issues with these since you have owned them or have they been fine so far?

Also have you tried barbell pressing or squatting with these too?

So I just bought these since I workout at home half the time and use mainly dumbbells. Did you have an mechanical issues with these since you have owned them or have they been fine so far?

Also have you tried barbell pressing or squatting with these too?
Never had any issues whatsoever… *knock on wood*… I’ve only used em for DB’s, but I’ve thought about using em with the barbell but never actually tried. It would work though! Are you using them inside your rack or did you use mounts on the ceiling like I ended up doing?

Cage

Never had any issues whatsoever… *knock on wood*… I’ve only used em for DB’s, but I’ve thought about using em with the barbell but never actually tried. It would work though! Are you using them inside your rack or did you use mounts on the ceiling like I ended up doing?

Cage
I have to use a pull up bar since I don't have a rack at my house, my apt is too small. So I'm going to use them on my pull up bar since it can hold a good amount of weight. I'm still waiting on them to ship the spot grips to my house.

I have bands for my barbell since the barbell at my house only weights about 20-25lbs to add resistance. I wonder if the spot grips will be fine with the elitefts resistance bands if I attach them to the barbell.

Btw I know those spot grips are 10lbs each but I heard they technically provide 10lbs of support total when you press up, is that true? For example if you have 100lb dumbbells on each grip, that will equal to 220lbs of total weight with the spot grips. But then you have to deduct 10lbs from the 220lb since it would provide 10lbs of added support when you press upwards.

I have to use a pull up bar since I don't have a rack at my house, my apt is too small. So I'm going to use them on my pull up bar since it can hold a good amount of weight. I'm still waiting on them to ship the spot grips to my house.

I have bands for my barbell since the barbell at my house only weights about 20-25lbs to add resistance. I wonder if the spot grips will be fine with the elitefts resistance bands if I attach them to the barbell.

Btw I know those spot grips are 10lbs each but I heard they technically provide 10lbs of support total when you press up, is that true? For example if you have 100lb dumbbells on each grip, that will equal to 220lbs of total weight with the spot grips. But then you have to deduct 10lbs from the 220lb since it would provide 10lbs of added support when you press upwards.
No, they add 10lbs to each dumbbell. First time I used them I forgot abt the ten pound additional weight per dumbbell and was wondering why I was struggling a bit with weight I was doing 12 reps of earlier. So the two together will add 20lb to your weight.

It doesn’t work like a smith machine where it assists your lift somewhat.

Cage

No, they add 10lbs to each dumbbell. First time I used them I forgot abt the ten pound additional weight per dumbbell and was wondering why I was struggling a bit with weight I was doing 12 reps of earlier. So the two together will add 20lb to your weight.

It doesn’t work like a smith machine where it assists your lift somewhat.

Cage
So I used them for the first time today, I tried benching with it seem'd pretty solid and did dumbell bench. Only thing I don't like is once u have to keep ur hand pressed on the grip when doing your sets. I tried skull crushers, which felt weird on the grips since ur technically bending your wrist back with fat grips. With these so instead of the strap going up and down I have it going in a diagonal motion, hopefully that doesn't ruin the straps. You can also do JM presses with these too.

So I used them for the first time today, I tried benching with it seem'd pretty solid and did dumbell bench. Only thing I don't like is once u have to keep ur hand pressed on the grip when doing your sets. I tried skull crushers, which felt weird on the grips since ur technically bending your wrist back with fat grips. With these so instead of the strap going up and down I have it going in a diagonal motion, hopefully that doesn't ruin the straps. You can also do JM presses with these too.
Yeah I get what your saying. It’d be a nice touch to add some sort of accessible switch or lever of some sort to lock it out while pressing. But I don’t know how you could do that without defeating the purpose of the squeeze to operate function.

If you had smaller hands it’d be hard to get a good grip. I have fairly large hands so I don’t have any issues using them. I still haven’t used them on my barbell cause I have robust safety spotters set right at the perfect height so if I fail it rests on the spotter arms. But it’s nice having an alternative option.

Cage

Yeah I get what your saying. It’d be a nice touch to add some sort of accessible switch or lever of some sort to lock it out while pressing. But I don’t know how you could do that without defeating the purpose of the squeeze to operate function.

If you had smaller hands it’d be hard to get a good grip. I have fairly large hands so I don’t have any issues using them. I still haven’t used them on my barbell cause I have robust safety spotters set right at the perfect height so if I fail it rests on the spotter arms. But it’s nice having an alternative option.

Cage
yea I have fucking tiny hands and I have a pretty strong grip from doing fat bar pull ups. I wish the the spotter grips were a lil smaller.

kool idea for max lifts, not really for drop sets. also $500? looks more like 200 max

kool idea for max lifts, not really for drop sets. also $500? looks more like 200 max
That’s the benefit of inventing something new and useful. You set the price! Been well worth it for me using them!

Cage

That’s the benefit of inventing something new and useful. You set the price! Been well worth it for me using them!

Cage
So I have been using this and it has been a life saver for upper body movements, I also used it for legs too. One thing I don't like it it sometimes does not latch when you release the handle, like it gets stuck. Did you have this issue before?

The not latching part is the thing that scares me to be honest, hopefully it is not a mechanical error.

So I have been using this and it has been a life saver for upper body movements, I also used it for legs too. One thing I don't like it it sometimes does not latch when you release the handle, like it gets stuck. Did you have this issue before?

The not latching part is the thing that scares me to be honest, hopefully it is not a mechanical error.
Only time that ever happened to me was because I was still slightly squeezing the lever mechanism. I felt as if I had let go, but apparently I still had the lever engaged. Could this possibly be what’s happening to you? Cause I never just remove my hands immediately, instead just open up my grip.

Cage

Only time that ever happened to me was because I was still slightly squeezing the lever mechanism. I felt as if I had let go, but apparently I still had the lever engaged. Could this possibly be what’s happening to you? Cause I never just remove my hands immediately, instead just open up my grip.

Cage
I wouldnt remove my hands I would hold the dumbbell or bar up and wait for the strap to latch again, and it would take a second. The worst was when I was squatting and the right side would not latch properly, it took about 20-30 seconds for it to latch, luckily it was only 235lbs on my back, if it was in the high 300-400s I would of been screwed.

I wouldnt remove my hands I would hold the dumbbell or bar up and wait for the strap to latch again, and it would take a second. The worst was when I was squatting and the right side would not latch properly, it took about 20-30 seconds for it to latch, luckily it was only 235lbs on my back, if it was in the high 300-400s I would of been screwed.
Never had any issue like that. Have you tried reaching out to them for any support?

Cage

I'll reach out to them again if it happens again.
I would do that pronto! This product is not cheap so if there’s an issue definitely get it resolved while it’s still brand new.

Cage

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity