over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SPRINT gave phone records to LE without a court order

There is no expectation of privacy with respect to phone records, so a warrant or court order is not needed. Thnk about it, you cannot have an expectation of privacy if you are using a third party (phone co) to process the calls.

The above statement is true only for basic information. Obviously telephone conversations (wirtetaps) and perhaps the content of text messages carry a larger degree of privacy expectation, and a warrant or court order would become necessary.

I am an attorney and for several years have done insurance fraud investigations. A simple subpoena, which does not even have to be signed off on by the court, is enough to compel any phone company to give up the basic records. Becaue they want to keep an image that they are protecting their customer's privacy, they will not give the records to just anyone who asks, but legally there is no privilege with respect to these records and it is not considered an illegal search to obtain these records sans warrant.

Fuck the PIGS they think they are god and above all. Probably scared some little receptionist somewhere into thinking she had to give them up. Wouldnt piss on a pig if he was on fire. Yeah I know flames are comming but hey my opinion. MM:naughty:

agree 100% !!!

The guy probably knew someone that worked for Sprint. Friend, informant whatever and asked/paid/demanded them to give him the report. There are other ways also.

Yep. I used to work as an account manager for a rent to own company and I was in charge of past due accounts. We would repo stuff if it wasnt paid for. One of my coworkers had a relative that worked for the local power company and we used to use her to track down "hit skips"(people that skip with your goods). All we had to do was call her and within a half hour she would call back with the new address of who we were looking for, it was great!

There is no expectation of privacy with respect to phone records, so a warrant or court order is not needed. Thnk about it, you cannot have an expectation of privacy if you are using a third party (phone co) to process the calls.

The above statement is true only for basic information. Obviously telephone conversations (wirtetaps) and perhaps the content of text messages carry a larger degree of privacy expectation, and a warrant or court order would become necessary.

I am an attorney and for several years have done insurance fraud investigations. A simple subpoena, which does not even have to be signed off on by the court, is enough to compel any phone company to give up the basic records. Becaue they want to keep an image that they are protecting their customer's privacy, they will not give the records to just anyone who asks, but legally there is no privilege with respect to these records and it is not considered an illegal search to obtain these records sans warrant.

Bingo. I too am an attorney, and it is by far the hardest thing for any person who is not an attorney to figure out what is and what isn't protected under the 4th amendment (incorporated to the states via the 14 amendment). The truth is as time passes our constutitional rights get more and more narrow. There are so many exception to the warrant clause of the 4th amendment that it has pretty much almost swallowed the rule. The general public has no idea of how hard it is to prove a 4th amendment violation. And trying to sue the police officer and precinct, good luck with that one. If any one is interested read some Section 1983 cases and see what the USSC states is unreasonably unreasonable, because the threshold one must prove to win a section 1983 case...

OK first I have to be honest I didn't read this entire thread. But I thought I would share something on the subject.

I have a family member who works for one of the major cell phone providers in their call support section. This family member told me whenever a customer calls in and she brings up their account she can see every text message and every photo they have ever sent from their phone. She told me they store everything on their servers forever. Every last text and every image stored forever. I suppose if the Government ever wanted to subpoena the records they could...maybe this is why they keep them.

Scary world we live in. She said she doesn't look at the images because she doesn't want to see some fat sweaty naked dude that she is now helping with their bill.

mikevegas...when it concerns this patriot act BS, i totally agree with you.

Terrorism doesn't effect me or anyone i know. It all the same shit as in past decades...

After WWII everyone was scared of communism remember the McCarthy blacklist? The red scare? The movie red dawn? USSR was a weak ass and poor country. Americans we thought to believe they were going to attack us. This went on for what, maybe 40yrs?

Now a new era of "terrorism." Back in the day of my parents and grandparents, the statement was to people who talked shit about america was "they are communists" Now its " they are terrorists"

Last edited:
Its not that easy; the Patriot Act does not allow wire taps on U.S. citizens unless they're suspected of terrorist activities. To get the warrant for this you need a Federal Judge. Yes; with a warrant they can retreive your phone records; but no they can never listen in on your conversation. Only the feds can do this. Yes its easy to find things on the net; I have several programs that allow me to pinpoint people and trace the phone call to their given location. But retrieving text messages takes a warrant.

We are all assuming the officer took the text messages off of "His" phone. What he probably did was got the text messages from "Her" phone. All she had to do was sign a letter of consent and the police can get every single message he or anyone else sent to "Her" phone, all without a warrant. Once it goes to her phone; its her property regardless of where the text originated from.

Never thought about that, that could very well be, good thinking, Blessings. Minister.

I do not trust my Government, nor did the Founders of this once great Nation.

Mike,

I think your a little mistaken on this quote- Our "founders" did not trust citizens. In fact most of them were actually pretty scared of them. This is the reason for instance why we have the "electoral college". Our founders did not trust citizens to make informed decisions. Look up what Hamilton wrote in the Federalist papers on this subject. The founding fathers were in a sense no different than politicians of today.

I have a friend that works for sprint and he has said in the past they are required to keep text and photos for 7 years. He said it is astonishing how many "sextext" are sent daily.

OK first I have to be honest I didn't read this entire thread. But I thought I would share something on the subject.

I have a family member who works for one of the major cell phone providers in their call support section. This family member told me whenever a customer calls in and she brings up their account she can see every text message and every photo they have ever sent from their phone. She told me they store everything on their servers forever. Every last text and every image stored forever. I suppose if the Government ever wanted to subpoena the records they could...maybe this is why they keep them.

Scary world we live in. She said she doesn't look at the images because she doesn't want to see some fat sweaty naked dude that she is now helping with their bill.

I have a friend that works for sprint and he has said in the past they are required to keep text and photos for 7 years. He said it is astonishing how many "sextext" are sent daily.

wrong post,

Last edited:

Your family member is lying to you or ill informed , Just called my provider and asked to speak with manager, he told me there is no way possible that their individuals PCs would be able to handle millionns of texts , videos and Pics, and it is completely unlawful for any company to have access of your private info, everything goes to main server where it can only be accessed by court order. They do not have access to any texts or any other personal info. I didn't think so. Blessings. Minister.

Minister I think there are many things going on that we know, partially know, or don't know at all. If that is true or not, who knows, and I'd tend to lean with you on this one. The problem is, when nobody raises an issue with something as blatant as the Patriot Act, shit if you are a power grabbing Government what WOULDN'T you try to get away with. Who knows what they are doing right now.

Chris we speak the same language. As far as Founders not trusting citizens, yes citizens are the one's elected to power, then it all goes wrong. Given a position to participate in corrupt activities can be a power motivator, that is why we need such solid checks and balances, and personal rights. The ones now being decimated.

Minister I think there are many things going on that we know, partially know, or don't know at all. If that is true or not, who knows, and I'd tend to lean with you on this one. The problem is, when nobody raises an issue with something as blatant as the Patriot Act, shit if you are a power grabbing Government what WOULDN'T you try to get away with. Who knows what they are doing right now.

Chris we speak the same language. As far as Founders not trusting citizens, yes citizens are the one's elected to power, then it all goes wrong. Given a position to participate in corrupt activities can be a power motivator, that is why we need such solid checks and balances, and personal rights. The ones now being decimated.

It'as all about control, and I don't mean to start a conspiracy theory, but everything around our system points at someday the government is going to have control over everything we do, and when government controls the people is oppressed. Blessings. Minister.

Did a bit of looking around and calling SPRINT hold txt messages for 12 days then they are purged or erased

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws