over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

sprouted bread toasted ?

aussiebulldog

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know this bread has a living enzyme which is why it is refridgerated, so would i lose the benefits of it if I toast it?

ALL BREADS CREATED EQUAL?

ive asked a couple times and received no solid answer...

are all sprouted breads basically equal? everyone talks about ezekiel but i also have access to silver hills sprouted breads (they are much easier to find, cheaper and i think taste better). looking at the labels they seem to be pretty similar

Silverhills Bakery - Bread & Bagels - Squirrelly

I live in los angeles and we have Alvarado Street Bakery available at whole foods... sprouted sour dough is sooo good... I am curious about the OP ? also!

Much of the living enzymes of food is destroyed above such temperatures, furthermore, the nutritional value of the food is altered (in many cases diminished) above this temperature range and in addition its molecular structure altered. I hope John and Big will chime on this.

Sprouted bread is usually started with raw sprouts but, during preparation it is baked for literally hours.. Many recommend steaming since you are only slightly denaturing to its already fully cooked origin.. Many of the sprouted recipes in traditional cooking methods calls for steaming preparation of sprouted seeds and such...

Sprouted bread is usually started with raw sprouts but, during preparation it is baked for literally hours.. Many recommend steaming since you are only slightly denaturing to its already fully cooked origin.. Many of the sprouted recipes in traditional cooking methods calls for steaming preparation of sprouted seeds and such...

Would steaming process make it soggy?

I eat this as well and am interested in a response. When I buy them they are not refrigerated, but I put them in there any way and then eat it all. Tastes great and has a high protein content as well. Good source of carbs.

Would steaming process make it soggy?

I use this bread mate :
Certified Organic Sprouted bread

what they say is - "Bio-Dynamically grown grain is sprouted in filtered water, minced and formed into a loaf in which the germ and bran fibre are retained"
so I am not sure it has been boiled..

great bread but its already pretty soggy , that's why it taste better toasted.

I think a light toast on a low temp will keep enzymes intact.. Any bread purchased should be in the frozen section.. Otherwise, there are added preservatives that give it extra shelf life.. Or you get the bread freshly baked on premise and then freeze yourself..

I never steamed my bread so I don't know the process.. I just toast my frozen bread until its it slightly crispy.. No charring or deep browning..

I think a light toast on a low temp will keep enzymes intact.. Any bread purchased should be in the frozen section.. Otherwise, there are added preservatives that give it extra shelf life.. Or you get the bread freshly baked on premise and then freeze yourself..

I never steamed my bread so I don't know the process.. I just toast my frozen bread until its it slightly crispy.. No charring or deep browning..

I was thinking of doing it on a low heat fry pan with coconut oil, just a thought!

the answer I got from someone involved in the manufacturing of the bread is that warming it up in a pan would be better than toasting as Big Chef advices.
the bread does not need to be frozen only refrigerated to the right temp.

why was it moved to the recipe forum? It is about nutrient value ...never mind.

the answer I got from someone involved in the manufacturing of the bread is that warming it up in a pan would be better than toasting as Big Chef advices.
the bread does not need to be frozen only refrigerated to the right temp.

why was it moved to the recipe forum? It is about nutrient value ...never mind.

Because I moved it to the recipe thread - its about food!

ok. no worries mate,:)
tried to toast in the pan , with nice virgin coconut oil. tastes great.

exactly what enzime is it that your trying to preserve that is so benificial?

exactly what enzime is it that your trying to preserve that is so benificial?

My youngest girl is recovering from cfs. part of her issues is that she can not absorbers nutrients as well as she should. we were advised that the enzime in the sprouted bread made it easier for the body to use all nutrients and carbs in the bread..
this and raw milk..

My youngest girl is recovering from cfs. part of her issues is that she can not absorbers nutrients as well as she should. we were advised that the enzime in the sprouted bread made it easier for the body to use all nutrients and carbs in the bread..
this and raw milk..

Look into lacto fermented veggies and fruits.. Read Mountaindog1 article on digestion...

Look into lacto fermented veggies and fruits.. Read Mountaindog1 article on digestion...

we live on kimchi.we have it with every meal.:)
I try and read everything I can by JM.

I just bought the book" wild fermentation" by sandor ellix katz

It has recipes for breads, kimchis,yogurts, cheeses, beer, wine etc.

There is a very interesting fruit kimchi i want to try to make.

I did some reading today.

Any kimchi, yogurt, miso, etc bought in the store is most likely pasteurized killing the healthy bacteria.

So if you aint making it, your probably missing out of the benefits.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws