over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Squat... and Do What You Will

I think there are variables that are left out.

The most I can squat is 2x in a 7 day period (4 day on 1 off routine). If I do it more than that, I'd over-train very fast. Especially being over 40, my body doesn't recover like it used to.

I'm over 40 and have varied squat workouts so that I squat EOD for two weeks than go back to twice a week and it has worked for me. Same with dead lifts.

I'm over 40 and have varied squat workouts so that I squat EOD for two weeks than go back to twice a week and it has worked for me. Same with dead lifts.

What type of squat/deadlift routine are you doing each time (reps/sets)? Are they light workouts?

started squatting 2x a week recently.. legs/glutes have gotten noticeable larger and strength is increasing

foam rolling and stretching have been very helpful in recovering between workouts... dont think ill squat more than 2x a week tho ;)

Same here man. 3 X a week and seeing more changes than I ever have.

Been squating twice weekly dc style. One set of 6 to 8 then s set of 20. Usually do chest or send after. Results have been good, clothes getting tighter and managed to keep my abs although got a pot belly from all the food. Added 66 lb to squat so far but Its catching up with me. Going to take week of gym next week then probably drop to once a week for now. Squats do deliver results for sure though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Squat and drop that shit low to the floor ass ankle! thats how i roll

wk 1
mon squats high reps (20)
wed deads mid reps (8-10)
fri squat low reps (4) heavy

wk 2
mon deads high reps (20)
wed squats mid reps (8-10)
fri dead low reps (4) heavy

repeat

wk 1
mon squats high reps (20)
wed deads mid reps (8-10)
fri squat low reps (4) heavy

wk 2
mon deads high reps (20)
wed squats mid reps (8-10)
fri dead low reps (4) heavy

repeat

How many sets? High rep deads scare me. They tend to lead to herniated discs if you push you push yourself hard enough.

we squat twice a week

1- max effort
1- Speed'

sometimes I throw in a third leg day (if I don't do much assistance work on speed day) and on that I don't actually squat but I do the plyo swing, leg curls, band leg curls, single leg squats, etc.

Squat 3 x week. Go up 5lbs each workout day.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

How many sets? High rep deads scare me. They tend to lead to herniated discs if you push you push yourself hard enough.
Higher rep days are much lower intensity. You have to really be careful with your form and adjust your rep ranges if you are genetically predisposed to back problems. Always see a chiro and get x-rays every few months (mine's covered by insurance).

You're much more likely to herniate a disk or get an injury on a high weight low-rep day than high rep day. The only thing with the high rep days is the low back pumps can get kinda intense. So then you stop. Your body always dictates your limits, not a chart in your book.

Definitely agreed. I powerlift and have a 'heavy' day and a speed day. I actually do my very heavy day once every two weeks as I cycle into a meet. The only difference is I do my assistance stuff on the speed days.
we squat twice a week

1- max effort
1- Speed'

sometimes I throw in a third leg day (if I don't do much assistance work on speed day) and on that I don't actually squat but I do the plyo swing, leg curls, band leg curls, single leg squats, etc.

Does anyone get a numbing/borderline pain in the lower back right after racking the weights?

In a proper squat is some lower back (borderline) pain normal?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Higher rep days are much lower intensity. You have to really be careful with your form and adjust your rep ranges if you are genetically predisposed to back problems. Always see a chiro and get x-rays every few months (mine's covered by insurance).

You're much more likely to herniate a disk or get an injury on a high weight low-rep day than high rep day. The only thing with the high rep days is the low back pumps can get kinda intense. So then you stop. Your body always dictates your limits, not a chart in your book.

Since there isn't much of an eccentric portion of the dead, do you notice much growth from these high rep deads?
I wanted to throw in rows with each rep starting from the floor but not sure what the whole moment looks like and if I can do it with out hurting self. They have a Swiss bar at my gym.

Since there isn't much of an eccentric portion of the dead, do you notice much growth from these high rep deads?
I wanted to throw in rows with each rep starting from the floor but not sure what the whole moment looks like and if I can do it with out hurting self. They have a Swiss bar at my gym.
Keep you feet shoulder width and pivot at the hips. Don't pull from the lower back. Rock you pelvis forward. It's all glutes, hamstrings, some calves, and mild shoulders (my delts are ridiculous). I try to stop the weight before it hits the floor or just a mild tap. I can pull 20 reps in about 30 seconds. Your back shouldn't even move and try an underhand grip and keep the weight close to your body. Obviously, this is not a high-weight deadlift. Just pivot at the hip sockets and keep your abs over the weight.

Warning: your ass will get huge. It's inescapable.

Oh, and I forgot, rows are the worst thing I've seen at the gym in terms of form and injury. If you can extent you arms, pull from your elbows, and touch the floor, I'd say you'd be missing half your legs from tragedy. Bent-over rows should only be done with a weight that requires absolutely no "swinging" of the weight. You hang the weight from your rear delts and pull from your elbows. Your back should never shift out of plane. If it does, it's too much weight.

p.s. I love bent-over rows but it hurts me to watch people do them.

I prefer cable rows but wanted to learn how to do the rows pendelay style

Well now you changed my mind lol.

This is what Emeric proposes and suggests as well...Interesting concept.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear