over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Squat... and Do What You Will

I think there are variables that are left out.

The most I can squat is 2x in a 7 day period (4 day on 1 off routine). If I do it more than that, I'd over-train very fast. Especially being over 40, my body doesn't recover like it used to.

I would agree, plus the soreness in the knees..hey, but I'm not getting older. LOL!

What type of squat/deadlift routine are you doing each time (reps/sets)? Are they light workouts?

sorry for late reply.

the eod squats vary between 5-7 sets with anywhere from 295 to 345. after about two weeks i switch out for twice a week squats 5-8 sets 345 to 415. i can go heavier with a body solid leverage squat machine with more plates - as i've gotten older the shoulders don't do so well under the bar. and i do pause rest on those heavier body solid lifts.

i've backed off on heavy deadlift as in my work i want to fit in a suit nicely and sometimes the occasional tux. enjoy high set, high rep deadlifts and as an extra benefit i do like the way higher reps make my forearms look. i do as many sets as i can without feeling like i'm gonna a heart attack - around nine sets on a good day. once or twice a week. i warmup working up to 30 reps. i can do more in cold weather - humidity does get me.

Legs are the foundation of the body. Squats are the foundation of power.

8b2c2e1355eb544cea56406682559d8d.jpg

Couldn't help myself :)

I love the smolov squat routine 3 days a week. But I rarely do the 10x3 workout. I forgot the percentages but the reps are

4x9
7x5
5x7
10x3

I love the smolov squat routine 3 days a week. But I rarely do the 10x3 workout. I forgot the percentages but the reps are

4x9
7x5
5x7
10x3

Your supposed to do all the volume 3x a wk? Holy shit

Totally agree

I totally agree here, just look at my pictures.

I train my legs 3 times at week. squats all school and super happy with the outcome...

forget it about those fancy machines...

keep a good form, eat, rest and train again like a monkey in a jungle

CS Sloan

Saint Augustine once uttered the phrase “love, and do what you will.” The blessed Augustine was basically saying that as long as you do everything out of love – love for others, love for God – then whatever else you do will be correct.
I happen to think the same thing about squatting. As long as you are squatting – if not at every workout, then at least on a very regular basis – then you can do what you will with the rest of your workout. In fact, I think squatting is the foundation of all successful training. (Okay, I suppose you can get good results without squatting – especially if you’re doing plenty of Olympic lifting or deadlifting – but squatting is a sure fire way to get great results all the time.) For instance, if you do the following five things, I can guarantee you will get great results[1]

1. Squat a lot
2. Train with volume
3. Train frequently
4. Get plenty of rest when not training
5. Eat a lot of food

If you don’t believe me, then try any of the following squatting and training options, depending on your goals:
If you want to have the most massive muscles possible (for your genetics) and you don’t care that much about whether your muscles are actually functional, then I suggest you train 3 to 4 days per week. Squat at the beginning of each session, then pick a bodypart to train. Day one could be squats, chest, and shoulders. Day two could be squats, biceps, and triceps. Day three could be squats and back. And day four could be squats, hamstrings, calves, and abdominals. You don’t have to go “crazy” on the squats; just use about 60-70% of your one-rep maximum on each day.
If you are interested in being massive and being strong, then train 3 to 5 days per week. On one day, squat and do some overhead pressing work. On another day, squat and carry or drag heavy stuff (farmer’s walks, sled drags, etc.). On another day, squat and then do some heavy bench pressing (barbell or dumbbell) followed by chins. And on another day, squat and then do various pulls (deadlifts, snatches, cleans, etc.). Train every other day, or train for a couple days in a row before taking a day off.
And if you are interested in being a massive powerlifter, then train 3 days per week, squat at each session, and then add bench presses one day, and deadlifts the next.
Getting massive and/or strong isn’t that complicated. It just requires plenty of hard work, and lots of squatting.

CS Sloan

If you want to have the most massive muscles possible (for your genetics) and you don’t care that much about whether your muscles are actually functional, then I suggest you train 3 to 4 days per week. Squat at the beginning of each session, then pick a bodypart to train. Day one could be squats, chest, and shoulders. Day two could be squats, biceps, and triceps. Day three could be squats and back. And day four could be squats, hamstrings, calves, and abdominals. You don’t have to go “crazy” on the squats; just use about 60-70% of your one-rep maximum on each day.

If you are interested in being massive and being strong, then train 3 to 5 days per week. On one day, squat and do some overhead pressing work. On another day, squat and carry or drag heavy stuff (farmer’s walks, sled drags, etc.). On another day, squat and then do some heavy bench pressing (barbell or dumbbell) followed by chins. And on another day, squat and then do various pulls (deadlifts, snatches, cleans, etc.). Train every other day, or train for a couple days in a row before taking a day off.

Anyone trying these types of routines?

How are you structuring the workouts?

CS Sloan

Saint Augustine once uttered the phrase “love, and do what you will.” The blessed Augustine was basically saying that as long as you do everything out of love – love for others, love for God – then whatever else you do will be correct.
I happen to think the same thing about squatting. As long as you are squatting – if not at every workout, then at least on a very regular basis – then you can do what you will with the rest of your workout. In fact, I think squatting is the foundation of all successful training. (Okay, I suppose you can get good results without squatting – especially if you’re doing plenty of Olympic lifting or deadlifting – but squatting is a sure fire way to get great results all the time.) For instance, if you do the following five things, I can guarantee you will get great results[1]

1. Squat a lot
2. Train with volume
3. Train frequently
4. Get plenty of rest when not training
5. Eat a lot of food

If you don’t believe me, then try any of the following squatting and training options, depending on your goals:
And if you are interested in being a massive powerlifter, then train 3 days per week, squat at each session, and then add bench presses one day, and deadlifts the next.
Getting massive and/or strong isn’t that complicated. It just requires plenty of hard work, and lots of squatting.

Back pain cant do squat saw info this a promote way

When I started squatting more than just on leg days, thats when I started improving in all other areas.

Squats have been instrumental in my leg development. I trained for a period of time without squatting and the difference is huge

That sounds like a really good method to get strength up especially for thicker quads.

Squatting frequently does wonders to the whole body, strength and posture.
Vary the reps within the week and gains will be noticeable.

Anyone do the opposite and build a great set of legs without squats/ leg press? My lower back is pretty sensitive and it seems like leg extensions are the only thing that dont hurt me.

I wish I could have the intensity to try this and see how it would go.

Sure, squats are important. Rest too. I squat twice a week. My joints could absolutely not handle any more than that. I mean, a lot of this sounds oversimplified, and too generalized. Also, are you really sure you think olympic lifting is good for growth? NO loaded eccentric movements in the oly lifts. I'm sorry but that's like hypertrophy 101... As someone who has competed in powerlifting before I competed in bodybuilding -- I do not agree with your suggested powerlifting template either, at ALL. Anyhow. If it works for you, great, but I don't think this is a great template for a hypertrophy training block.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity