over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

squat video - 505 x 7

no contribution

Last edited:
Good work Shelby. You made that look easy.:eek:

NICE Squat, Shelby!!!

Like you said, a tad above parallel. Wondering - since you're getting ready for a PL meet, are you using these heavy sets to get used to handling the heavy iron, but also doing parallel depth squats to prepare for meet standards?...

-R

NICE Squat, Shelby!!!

Like you said, a tad above parallel. Wondering - since you're getting ready for a PL meet, are you using these heavy sets to get used to handling the heavy iron, but also doing parallel depth squats to prepare for meet standards?...

-R

Well I'm not exactly sure, lol.

I'm definitely using them to get used to handling heavier weight, and they are also strengthening my quads and lower back.

I'm about 9 weeks out of a PL meet now, and will probably open with something like 500 then make 30-40 pound jumps from there. I'll sink the squats at the meet, but to prepare for that I'll probably only take a couple singles to proper depth with my opening weight at about 4 weeks out.

If I took all my squats to proper depth now, I'd have to use a lot less weight and my lower back would also be wrecked pretty much all the time (no thanks).

Also noteworthy (perhaps) is that I haven't deadlifted in over a year, but on Friday (the day before I did these squats) I worked up to a very easy PR single of 565 with just a belt and an over/under grip. In the process I tore some soft tissue in my back though, near the insertion at the armpit (ouch!). It's a bit bruised up now, but seems to be healing alright.

If all goes well I should be able to pull off something like 560/340/600 at the meet, without a squat suit, bench shirt, etc.

That was a great controlled, constant tension movement! I have been out of PL for a while, but that looked like your 'sweet' spot to stop to me. Any lower would result in mostly hip rotation, IMO. I normally wouldn't meet or break parallel until about 3-4 wks out from the comp. Great vids, mad props to any member that has enough ballz to post a video of themselves! you the man!

Damn Shelby.......that's all just DAMN!!! :D

Well I'm not exactly sure, lol.

I'm definitely using them to get used to handling heavier weight, and they are also strengthening my quads and lower back.

I'm about 9 weeks out of a PL meet now, and will probably open with something like 500 then make 30-40 pound jumps from there. I'll sink the squats at the meet, but to prepare for that I'll probably only take a couple singles to proper depth with my opening weight at about 4 weeks out.

If I took all my squats to proper depth now, I'd have to use a lot less weight and my lower back would also be wrecked pretty much all the time (no thanks).

Also noteworthy (perhaps) is that I haven't deadlifted in over a year, but on Friday (the day before I did these squats) I worked up to a very easy PR single of 565 with just a belt and an over/under grip. In the process I tore some soft tissue in my back though, near the insertion at the armpit (ouch!). It's a bit bruised up now, but seems to be healing alright.

If all goes well I should be able to pull off something like 560/340/600 at the meet, without a squat suit, bench shirt, etc.

Well, you're definitely doing something right, that's for sure.

It sounds like you're using the PL'ing in part to help pack on some size during the BB'ing offseason?...

-R

Well, you're definitely doing something right, that's for sure.

It sounds like you're using the PL'ing in part to help pack on some size during the BB'ing offseason?...

-R

Yes sir!
Actually, Phil Hernon is training me now.. but his program definitely has some powerlifting attributes to it.
Powerlifting comps also give me something to focus on competitively during my offseason; going 12 months between BBing shows can get to be a bit... boring!
Thanks for the compliment :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity