over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Squats, 3 weeks out

I met Tom Platz in Conn. way back in the early 80's...and actually had a little time to talk to him one on one.....Mike Katz too...there both the nicest guys you'll ever meet....

I followed tom's platz's squating methods from day 1....except i never used the monkey growth hormone's he was using aT the time...it was from rheuses monkeys or some shit......he developed that elongated jaw bone from the monkey growth....

Big_O said:
Those are not squats...I have no idea what your doing in a power rack.....I'm an X-powerlifter..and your wasting your time.....

If you want something from a squat then your balls should touching the floor....I seriously doubt you could even squat 405 for 5.....

Hip is suppose to be below parallel.....I've done 740 under uspf judges just in case you think I dont have a clue....

Clearly, the opinion of a close minded powerlifter. Powerlifters are set in their beliefs no matter what relevant studies, literature, or personal experiences of others do to disprove them. Bodybuilding =/= Powerlifting. Bodybuilders can accept powerlifting, and I wish the opposite were true. Clearly, Phil and Justin are doing what they can to achieve aesthetic changes/improvements to Justin's physique in the shortest amount of time, not concerning themselves with powerlifting mantra or egos along the way. I am not trying to start an arguement, just think the way you are calling him out makes you look and sound like an ass...

THAT IS SO MUCH BULLSHIT

Big_O said:
I met Tom Platz in Conn. way back in the early 80's...and actually had a little time to talk to him one on one.....Mike Katz too...there both the nicest guys you'll ever meet....

I followed tom's platz's squating methods from day 1....except i never used the monkey growth hormone's he was using aT the time...it was from rheuses monkeys or some shit......he developed that elongated jaw bone from the monkey growth....

MONKEY GROWTH HORMONES? TOM AND I ARE FRIENDS, NOT SOMEONE THAT I JUST MET WITH AND TALKED TO FOR 5 MINUTES. IT AMAZES ME THAT YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE HE LET IN ON THIS SECRET!!! BIG JAW?? WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS STUFF? EVER SEE PICS OF HIM AS A YOUNGSTER? GO MAKE UP SOME MORE SHIT AND POST IT ON GETBIG, NOT HERE. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME, I COMPETED ALSO IN BODYBUILDING. IF YOU WANT TO GO ALL THE WAY DOWN, SO BE IT, DONT RUIN SOME KIDS KNEES AT THE AGE OF 23 THAT IS NATURAL AND HAS WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY BETTER THIGHS THAN YOU COULD ONLY DREAM OF.

Its crazy how people are so close minded in this sport. My Way or the Highway attitudes. We all know there are several ways to skin the cat yet we always insist there is only one way and thats our way.
We argue over volume, HIT, splits, sets, reps, short ROM, full ROM and all that good stuff. Yet most of it has little effect on the outcome. Consistancy and progression is what really matters.
Some of the biggest body builders use short ROM and some use Full yet all reach the same goal of building muscle.
We always argue over insignificant things that more than likely will not effect the outcome of our training.

I just don't let it bother me and you shouldn't either. Since I started dieting, I dropped 30lbs. My lifting buds (as I was) are all strictly for strength. Now they call me "abercrombie". Asking me what would I get out of flexing in underwear on stage. I hear things all the time (really assinine things) like "looks like you only lost 20lbs on your bench this month..."

They're good guys and I've been friends with them almost forever but that doesn't stop me from telling them they're being assholes. You just can't let i get to you. Just nod and smile and go about your business.

Since I dropped weight, I cut my BP practically in half and my chol. and trigly. are waaay down from what they were. Yes my strength took a hit and still is but I expected that.

I can now say even from my very limited experience with conditioning that it's AT LEAST as difficult as increasing your strength. At least for me it is. Some of you may cut up nicely and others may pack on size waking up the steps in your home.

So both endeavors are awesome but there is a small double-standard there. Sorry to all my PLer brothers but I've seen it myself first hand. I just can't wait to increase my calories and hopefully explode back up in strength and be my same bodyweight as before but this time with abs. I'll be the one cracking wise then....

mmmyeah, sheee, myeaaah

[edit] point is... you can use those wisecracks as Motivational Fuel(tm)... patent pending

Last edited:
JBearce said:
yea.... i feel that not going all the way down is a way better work out for my quads... im trying not to hit my hamstrings when doing squats...when doing this i have had nothing but great results...i owe it to phil , i used to bottom out, and i had decent legs but i started doing them this way ... well here is a pic.
Well I agree with ya on not bottoming out, what ever your doing its working very well just look at those quads:eek: nice to have Phil in your corner at an early age, links didnt work for me but im sure 505 was impressive.

edge250 said:
wasnt thinking of it in those terms, was thinking tom platz got i believe 27 reps with 495 and this guy is claiming 505 for 30. when i clicked the link he was doing the top 1/4 range of motion. normally when you think squat, or someone claiming a squat # you naturally assume to parallel or better.
Well i didnt see the video but I agree with ya edge if its not at least parallel as you said then its not a full squatt.

PHIL HERNON said:
MONKEY GROWTH HORMONES? TOM AND I ARE FRIENDS, NOT SOMEONE THAT I JUST MET WITH AND TALKED TO FOR 5 MINUTES. IT AMAZES ME THAT YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE HE LET IN ON THIS SECRET!!! BIG JAW?? WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS STUFF? EVER SEE PICS OF HIM AS A YOUNGSTER? GO MAKE UP SOME MORE SHIT AND POST IT ON GETBIG, NOT HERE. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME, I COMPETED ALSO IN BODYBUILDING. IF YOU WANT TO GO ALL THE WAY DOWN, SO BE IT, DONT RUIN SOME KIDS KNEES AT THE AGE OF 23 THAT IS NATURAL AND HAS WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY BETTER THIGHS THAN YOU COULD ONLY DREAM OF.
I see Mr Platz at least once a month at my gym and have spoken to him a few times about squatting, I guess he usually charges for any advice what so ever buit he was kind enuff to show me a few tricks with a member here named Marty , TP goes deep his knees sweep out when he bottoms out and when he pushes up his knees then sweep back inward, its the exact same rep everytime nothing changes not even slightly which is amazing to me, about the so called monkey JAW:confused: the dude looks fine to me infact he seems to have a normal looking face and great health.

This kids 23 his quads are fucking sick and on top of that Phil knows wtf hes doing when it comes to quads.

BrooklynBB said:
Question for ya:

How do you wrap your knees - in the conventional method where you wrap hard below and above the knee and easy on the cap or some other way? I'm asking because I need to start wrapping. Squats are still killing my knees despite all the damned Glucosamine I'm taking... The pain is better, but I think I may have to wrap...

How are you squatting? Is it wider PL style or are you doing deep oly style squats?

Next, what changes have you made since you last posted about knee pain?

Rang of motion

As for full exercise rang of motion you have to ask yourself why it is you are in the gym. Are you there tu squat or curl the most weight you can ? Are you there to do every exercise in the way it was first taught ?
While the above questions would be answered "yes" by a power lifter or some kind of gym robot, they would have to be aswerd "no" by the serious bodybuilder. The bodybuilder is not interested in who can squat the most weight, or who can do the exercise perfectly by the book. They are there to get the biggest quads.
What we should be focusing on is target range of motion. This centers all the training stress in an exerxise on the particular muscle you want to built. It is done through the use of partial reps. You target the muscle you want to work and devote all your energy to performe an exercise, or portion of an exercise, which will work that muscle. it allows you to load on the weiht to maximize the stress on the target muscle.

KTT

although i have bitched about it before.. what the heck.. ill do it again lol.. TRAIN THE MUSCLE.. NOT THE MOVEMENT.. powerlifting requires a standard range of motion.. hypertrophy does not.. going all the way down will incorporate the hammies and glutes more along with stressing, for some people, the knee joint.. going above paralell puts the emphasis on the quads.. you train the muscle in the movement.. not train the full range of motion for the movement.. it is not powerlifting and there is no standard to any movement.. as for monket hormone.. platz always had a huge jaw.. even at 14 years old.. no monkey hormone there..lol

Last edited:
In Ronnie Coleman's movie(Unbelievable I think) he always goes below 90 degrees even on front squats...although he does train like a powerlifter he does win the Mr O too...and his legs(quads, hams, and GLUTES which kill whoever comes in 2nd) win shows

from a competitors standpoint and he did go pro at the 1991 IFBB World Ametuer champions THAT WAS DRUG TESTED

Last edited:
dwayno said:
In Ronnie Coleman's movie(Unbelievable I think) he always goes below 90 degrees even on front squats...although he does train like a powerlifter he does win the Mr O too...and his legs(quads, hams, and GLUTES which kill whoever comes in 2nd) win shows

from a competitors standpoint and he did go pro at the 1991 IFBB World Ametuer champions THAT WAS DRUG TESTED

I am sure his genetics play no role in his leg development either...his quads do NOT kill other competitors either, sorry to tell you. Glutes, yeah, he has just about everyone there, I'll give you that.

I have heard that Ronnie used low dosages early in his career, but quick q, you don't thnk there were ways to get around tests taken in 1991? Regardless, not sure what point you are trying to make there...

Max32 said:
I am sure his genetics play no role in his leg development either...his quads do NOT kill other competitors either, sorry to tell you. Glutes, yeah, he has just about everyone there, I'll give you that.

I have heard that Ronnie used low dosages early in his career, but quick q, you don't thnk there were ways to get around tests taken in 1991? Regardless, not sure what point you are trying to make there...

Max32 said:
Clearly, the opinion of a close minded powerlifter. Powerlifters are set in their beliefs no matter what relevant studies, literature, or personal experiences of others do to disprove them. Bodybuilding =/= Powerlifting. Bodybuilders can accept powerlifting, and I wish the opposite were true. Clearly, Phil and Justin are doing what they can to achieve aesthetic changes/improvements to Justin's physique in the shortest amount of time, not concerning themselves with powerlifting mantra or egos along the way. I am not trying to start an arguement, just think the way you are calling him out makes you look and sound like an ass...

my point...close minded powerliftering opinions is what wins the BIGGEST bodybuilding show in the world...was Brian Dobson not a powerlifter??? Ronnie trains like a pwerlifter and his legs and glutes are huge and diced more so than anyone else(pls post pics to argue)..TIE-INS win shows...not 1/4 squats that help you quad development alone and then compenstate by doing some more ham curls...Coleman doesnt do the ass-blaster machine nor isolated cable ham curls...he squats like a POWERLIFTER and is the TOP BODYBUILDER in the world, Mr O is the biggest title you can achieve so anyone closeminded fails to not see how he trains and wins CONSISTENTLY

I bet anyone elses legs that match his didnt go pro in a tested show..Cutler(no), Federov(no), ????????????????????????????

also who's legs as of today beat ronnie ALL AROUND not just quads--cause LEGS(i.e. quads, hams, glutes) win shows not quads alone

taken from site:

dwayno said:
1991 – Final amateur year

Ronnie was not an amateur for very long. His second and final bid at the NPC Nationals saw him place fourth behind Heavyweight and Overall champion Kevin Levrone, Flex Wheeler, and the late Paul "Quadzilla" DeMayo. In the years before there was an NPC Team Universe, the NPC used to send its best amateurs from the Nationals that could pass a drug test off to Europe or Asia to vie for a pro card against the best amateurs from every other country at the IFBB World Amateur Championships, previously known as the Mr. Universe. Ronnie passed the test and was flown to Poland, where he beat the best Heavyweights from the rest of the world and earned an IFBB pro card. It was shortly after this that I first met Ronnie, who was helping out the IFBB as a stagehand at the Mr. Olympia contest at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel in Orlando. I saw him walking down the hallway outside the giant ballroom where the stage was still being assembled, 22-inch veiny arms bursting from the sleeves of a Polo shirt. It actually looked as if the sleeves were cutting off his circulation. A few people were following him around, wondering who he was. There was no way to know that this man would someday be the world’s greatest bodybuilder. For the next few years, Coleman paid his dues and then some in the IFBB.

i used to do the ass to the floor squats. all i got out of it was messed up knees. i'm sure some will say i was squatting wrong...yeah whatever. not everyone has the same levering system in their bodies so there will be high loading points on the joints where others dol not. this guys legs are awesome. i don't care if he just does static holds, they look great! and i'd be willing to bet all the people claiming this-squat-and-that-squat can't match his development.

after 20 years of lifting i've learned to lift smart to lift another day. i use to do the balls to the wall Komacaze stuff and now i'm payin the price. and to think back.... why? what for? a trophy.... woo-hoo...i was so stupid...lmao...listen to phil!

coleman does not train ,like a powerlifter at all.. and he will be the first to tell ya that.. he trains with high reps most of the time (12-15 reps) he even admit that the deads and squats he did on film were not a part of his normal routine and was "showing off" for the video.. he benches only in the mid 2/3 of the range of motion and his squats are usually in the ten to 12 range as far as reps go.. so he is stong.. but, his training is geared for hypertrophy.. but, he is strong as hell..

Sesshomaru said:
How are you squatting? Is it wider PL style or are you doing deep oly style squats?

Next, what changes have you made since you last posted about knee pain?

Mostly regular squats, non PL style. I've used mega doses of Glucosamine and have warmed up thoroughly before and iced after. But the pain is still there. When I do a lunch, the knee in the back is the one that gets the pain, in case that means anything... The front knee feels fine. So could it be that when I'm squatting the bar is too high? Can't do anything about that... my damned traps are big.. lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131