over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Squats higher than deadlifts?

bloodshed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So from what I read and hear, people typically deadlift more than they squat. I have always been the opposite. At my best my squat was about 600lbs (with knee wraps and a belt), while my deadlift was only at 530(double overhand with straps). As far as I can remember my squat was always 50-75lbs higher. Are there many other people like this? And is there a reason for this, such as an imbalance? I've been curious lately about it, before I've never put much thought into it.

Extremely rare without squat suits. Only times I've heard that is when the squats were high...

I have very favorable leverage for squat and terrible for Deadlift but still Deadlift more.

First workout worked up to 405x1 on Deadlift but would have been killed by 200 below parallel squats. Like bf 99 percent of ppl are not able to asses their squats depth.

That and you're Deadlift form may be horrendous. When talking about deep squats I know several ppl that can squat 500 below parallel and can Deadlift 700 ...this is all with just a belt.

I've only legitimately seen this situation with dwarfs but that is extreme and they can't even grip heavy weights...

My hands to about the bottom of my glute. Could it be that I'm severely quad dominant?

Highly doubtful I'm highly quad dominant and still deadlift more though not a ton more. Would really need to see form on botb

I normally train alone, but ill try to get some up. Have a friend training with me in a couple of weeks when he's off work so I know I could then.

My squats are also about 75 lbs heavier then my deadlifts , I actually stopped deadlifting and went onto rack lifts as my main staple back lift, if I was less focused on bodybuilding and more into powerlifting I definitely would have stayed with deadlifts but I just feel the rack lifts benefit me way more.

my squat is WAY stronger than my deadlift. I just never train it. I like rack pulls (some people call them half dead lifts). Now those are much closer. But i can dead lift more than 405 for a couple reps, but i can squat over 500.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws