over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

squats - how low should I go?

I can say with all honesty here...I'm probably the oldest guy here ...51

It seems that people who ask this question time and time again are just looking for a reason to not do the lift correctly....

I've noticed withing the last 2 weeks in my gym there was only 1...1 person I saw that did squats correctly...1

I used to literally sit on the floor with a pause and then push....in the whole buried...I could care less what retards say about not burying this lift...I can say that they've never squated over 700 and never had 31" legs

The main FUCKING REASON IS THEY WANT TO IMPRESS EVERYONE IN THE GYM... rather than do it correctly....

When you get my age perhaps you'll figure it out...

exactly

It seems that people who ask this question time and time again are just looking for a reason to not do the lift correctly....

I've noticed withing the last 2 weeks in my gym there was only 1...1 person I saw that did squats correctly...1

The main FUCKING REASON IS THEY WANT TO IMPRESS EVERYONE IN THE GYM... rather than do it correctly....

Are you suggesting that I'm "looking for a reason not to do the lift correctly so that I can impress everyone in the gym?"

I ran marathons last year (placing highly), and brought my body weight down to 175 lbs (I'm 5'11"). I'm not impressing anybody, as I can't lift much regardless of how low I go. I don't squat over 185lbs right now as it is.

What I am doing is admitting that I don't know as much as I would like about strength training.

51 years of "wisdom" and that's all you have to offer someone trying to learn? Unfortunate...

GJ

PS - I don't care about impressing gym rats. I impress myself when I leave the gym and actually do real shit that matters.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help as well. Brilliant.

i actually didnt mean anything towards you at all bro. i clearly shouldnt of quoted is whole message. keep squating and burry them.

For me being taller than most guys in my gym (6’3”) and having knee issues in the past. I have found that a wider stance with toes pointing slightly out works best. Also I do squat Ass to Grass so to speak, for me if I try and stop at 90 degrees it causes me knee pain.

ha thats funny because i never see anyone doing squats correctly either, the way to get results is to go all the way down pause and repeat using correct form of course. do this and i promiss u will get results

Well...

If squater wants to "Burym", that's perfectly his right, but at 55 I am older, not that it matters and I'll take the advice of my sports ortho surgeon since he is also the head surgeon for the NFL team in my city :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've always used a mix of depths. If you go deep you have to make sure you don't bounce out of the bottom. I've used box squats extensively and never had any spine issues in spite of having a good deal of weight on my back. Knee issues develop from a lack of balance in strength between the quad and hamstrings. After 30yrs of squatting I've never had a problem with my knees or my back. Many injuries happen due to poor technique. If you focus on proper technique the strength will come. Sometimes you have to put the ego aside when you move heavy iron and use common sense.

PB

I can say with all honesty here...I'm probably the oldest guy here ...51

I used to literally sit on the floor with a pause and then push....in the whole buried...I could care less what retards say about not burying this lift...I can say that they've never squated over 700 and never had 31" legs

When you get my age perhaps you'll figure it out...

I'll be 52 in May...:D

Thanks Paul...

You old bastards...LOL

Thanks Paul..

I tried to listen to my ortho guy as well...Dr.Michael Wiggins...He said absolutely no squating what so ever...I listened to him I figured he's the Dr..

I was literally cripple in both knee's after a motorcycle accident in Sept. I was on my back for 3 months...Arthritis set in really bad from inactivity..He injected both knee's outside and inside injections in early december..It didn't help at all..

I started squating again and within 1 month I have no more pain and i'm now able to do 45 minute cardio as well...I'm doing bench squats which is slightly below parralel..A USPF level squat...Im doing reps my major set is 315 for 20-25 depending on what I ate the night before...I'm restricting my carb intake right now....

This is a lift Ive done all my life..I see no reason because of my age that I shouldn't do it now...Dr's are great but they don't know everything....

I noticed that most guy's in the gym..HAVE NO HEART..They me be as big as a house.....BUT THEY HAVE NO HEART

Perhaps you should stick to your marathons and leave the squating to people who dont make excuses...and do the lift correctly

Last edited:
One thing I have not seen mentioned and that helps me is WRAPING MY KNEES WITH SOME GOOD KNEE WRAPS. My knees hurt and I WILL NOT TRAIN LEGS IF I DO NOT HAVE MY WRAPS they just hurt too bad. I even wrap them on my warm ups. I build up in wt slowly wrapping each set. I have no pain at all doing them this way.

One thing I have not seen mentioned and that helps me is WRAPING MY KNEES WITH SOME GOOD KNEE WRAPS. My knees hurt and I WILL NOT TRAIN LEGS IF I DO NOT HAVE MY WRAPS they just hurt too bad. I even wrap them on my warm ups. I build up in wt slowly wrapping each set. I have no pain at all doing them this way.

Some people like knee wraps and use them often. I absolutely hate them and only wrap my knees loose in a contest. Maybe I was just born with good knee genetics.:D

PB

Perhaps you should stick to your marathons and leave the squating to people who dont make excuses...and do the lift correctly

I'm asking how to do the lift correctly. It should be a really basic question with a simple answer.

Maybe if you would answer the fucking question instead of being a prick, this thread that seems to bother you so much will come to a close.

Last edited:
I use Inzer wraps when I get to sets of 5...I also have a very old Ernie Frantz suit that i wear just to keep my ass tight...it's more of a wrestling suit now...It's probably 20 years old..

I'm like you Paul...when I do reps over 7 I never use wraps...I'm just working on form,reps and strength in my ligaments

If you can't go ass to grass, then drop the fuckin weight down until you can get 20 of them bad motherfuckers, straight up.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws