over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Squats / Sore Knees

MrPump

Registered
So... I have chicken legs.. its just the way it is and I would obviously like to change that.

But my right knee gives everytime I do squats or even leg presses. I can get through a few light sets, but as soon as I go heavy, I get a shooting pain under my knee cap and knee hurts like hell and then Im done. The pain is too much to fight through.

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue? I havent tried any knee wraps or anything, I was wondering if anyone might think that will help or if anyone has any advice?

I asked a local IBFF pro to take a look at my form and he said I was good, so im at a bit of a loss.

fuck, I cant even do box squats without the pain.... I have resorted to leg extentions and half deadlifts (I bring the bar to my knee and extend from there) to get a quad workout in, but its not enough.

Anyways... if anyone has any advice.... thanks

Hmmmmm

There could be many things going on as why there is pain. I would see your doctor. A couple other things you might take a look at, lliotabal band could be really tight, patellar tracking disorder but who knows I am no doctor.
And the two I mentioned could be corrected with proper streching or feet placement.........

Just my 2cents:rolleyes:

foam roller rolling on your it band at least three times a week should help the pain

Tight hips, ankles, lower back. All of these can affect your squat and place extra pressure on your joints. Try hack squats or some 20rep breathing squats. If its just one knee, train it independently until it gets stronger

I found knee wraps have helped me out a LOT. I wrap up for my heavy sets and it seems to keep everything locked in place.

So... I have chicken legs.. its just the way it is and I would obviously like to change that.

But my right knee gives everytime I do squats or even leg presses. I can get through a few light sets, but as soon as I go heavy, I get a shooting pain under my knee cap and knee hurts like hell and then Im done. The pain is too much to fight through.

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue? I havent tried any knee wraps or anything, I was wondering if anyone might think that will help or if anyone has any advice?

I asked a local IBFF pro to take a look at my form and he said I was good, so im at a bit of a loss.

fuck, I cant even do box squats without the pain.... I have resorted to leg extentions and half deadlifts (I bring the bar to my knee and extend from there) to get a quad workout in, but its not enough.

Anyways... if anyone has any advice.... thanks

First, I'd suggest dieting down to no more than 15% bf so your knees aren't constantly subjected to bearing that extra weight all day long. Next, look into purchasing some wraps or sleeves. Hit up Alan over at www.prowriststraps.com They have great products and service and the prices aren't bad at all. Not to mention, they're a board sponsor! I have a set of the super heavy knee sleeves, among other things I've purchased from Alan, and I love everything. Very durable, yet comfortable and they keep the joints warm which reduces pain/inflammation, etc.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131