over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

squatting/yukon bar

opietaylor

Registered
anyone ever use a yukon/buffalo bar to squat. as i have gotten older shoulder impingement makes it very painful to squat with a regular bar. i use the safety squat bar occasionally but not a big fan. i just bought one of these but have yet to try it out. kinda excited to be able to possibly squat again. fucking kid a christmas:)
435332E4-761F-4393-A95B-0B62A419D43A.jpeg

kinda excited to be able to possibly squat again. fucking kid a christmas:)
I felt like that when I tried the safety squat bar for the first time (I know you said you're not a fan). Squatting is so much damn fun I didn't realise how much I missed it until I started again.

I'd love to try a duffalo bar but don't know of any gyms that have them.

Enjoy!

I have one..I honestly got it because Dan green and Chris duffin use it in a lot of videos. I really didn’t think I would use if a lot.

turns out I use it a lot! I have noticed that the safety squat bar is very posterior chain dominated...the Yukon for me and my squating style really hammers the quads.

I also got a Buffalo bar(less curve) that I love using for bench and rows to get more ROM

nice. i'm really hoping this makes squatting doable again for me. and i agree about the safety squat bar, it feels completely different to me that a standard squat

anyone ever use a yukon/buffalo bar to squat. as i have gotten older shoulder impingement makes it very painful to squat with a regular bar. i use the safety squat bar occasionally but not a big fan. i just bought one of these but have yet to try it out. kinda excited to be able to possibly squat again. fucking kid a christmas:)
View attachment 128153
I use it and love it. Great for my shoulder injury and I feel like you can really feel the load on your hips, quads, glutes depending on stance/foot position. I havent squatted in a straight bar in a longtime now.

nice. i'm really hoping this makes squatting doable again for me. and i agree about the safety squat bar, it feels completely different to me that a standard squat
I have had surgery on both shoulders, an elbow, both hands, my right knee is artificial, and I have an artificial disk in my back(that's cracked)

It works for me...your mileage may vary

I almost bought one so many times... I always wondered though what it would feel like squatting with it. I didn’t even think abt using it for rows. That was a good idea! Let us kno how you like it!
Btw, where did you get yours from?

Cage

It's life changing. I actually bought that one from titan fitness (the free shipping and great prices are awesome). I love it! I also bought their buffalo bar and is freaking awesome to bench with it.

I actually like it for front squatting the most... The bar does not roll from position like a normal bar.

I LOVE this bar. I know it's supposed to be a shoulder saver but it's allowed me to get close to squatting old poundages again w/o the excessive knee pain. For whatever reason it's much friendlier on my knees. High bar/low bar doesn't matter. Makes it almost a pain free movement again for me.

I almost bought one so many times... I always wondered though what it would feel like squatting with it. I didn’t even think abt using it for rows. That was a good idea! Let us kno how you like it!
Btw, where did you get yours from?

Cage
Titan

I LOVE this bar. I know it's supposed to be a shoulder saver but it's allowed me to get close to squatting old poundages again w/o the excessive knee pain. For whatever reason it's much friendlier on my knees. High bar/low bar doesn't matter. Makes it almost a pain free movement again for me.
Same. Cant explain it but my knees feel great squatting w the bison bar from titan

I have one..I honestly got it because Dan green and Chris duffin use it in a lot of videos. I really didn’t think I would use if a lot.

turns out I use it a lot! I have noticed that the safety squat bar is very posterior chain dominated...the Yukon for me and my squating style really hammers the quads.

I also got a Buffalo bar(less curve) that I love using for bench and rows to get more ROM
You feel a big difference squatting using this vs the Buffalo bar?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131