over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SSRI gyno interaction with AAS?

D_trip

Registered
Hello lifters.

Ive done PEDs in the past and had literally zero issues with gyno. Not swollen, no lumps, nothing.

18 months ago I was diagnosed with ”depression” and got put on 50mg Sertralin. After something like 16 months I started to get an itch and soreness in my left nipple and there was lumps forming.

I decided, myself, to stop the treatment after finding out its a potential side effect and after a few weeks the itchyness went away and the lumps soften. There was also a sample taken and while it was to small of a sample to confirm gyno, they said they found nothing that it could be cancer.

Anyway. After years and years of being off Im looking to jump on again after a reach a target weight but now Im wondering if my ”developed” gyno could flare/grow more easily this time around.

I dont know if there is any ”if its started to form you are more sensitive” or something along those lines. Hard to find any literature but maybe people have experience on gyno, maybe they got more sensitive after it formed a mass.

SSRIs may increase prolactin, hence the nipple sensitivity. Prolactin shuts down LH, FSH and testosterone production. It also impairs the conversion of testosterone into the more androgenic DHT, blocking the 5 alpha reductase activity. In sum, you have an hormonal enviroment with more prolactin, a screwed androgen/estrogen ratio which could lead to gyno and other fun sides (sexual disfunctions to name one).
Do bloods and check for prolactin, estradiol, total and free testosterone.

SSRIs may increase prolactin, hence the nipple sensitivity. Prolactin shuts down LH, FSH and testosterone production. It also impairs the conversion of testosterone into the more androgenic DHT, blocking the 5 alpha reductase activity. In sum, you have an hormonal enviroment with more prolactin, a screwed androgen/estrogen ratio which could lead to gyno and other fun sides (sexual disfunctions to name one).
Good catch. Never would have correlated the two. It must be a very low incidence or perhaps is just under reported. Having been on and off SSRI’s in the past I don’t recall reading that side effect in the package insert, only found out thru a short amount of research on the research behind it.

As a side note for those listening, I’ll have more on the validity of scientific research / peer reviewed journals perhaps later today.

I don’t know about the prolactin but when I was on that shit I def felt like a bitch. Shit made me hyper emotional and after a few months after my dick crawled up inside me and died I started thinking about jumping off bridges. Hope it works out for you. I personally know 9 guys who took their lives while on ssri

I don’t know about the prolactin but when I was on that shit I def felt like a bitch. Shit made me hyper emotional and after a few months after my dick crawled up inside me and died I started thinking about jumping off bridges. Hope it works out for you. I personally know 9 guys who took their lives while on ssri
Yeah these things are nothing to be playing with, I feel like these docs are way to liberal in handing them out. Sorry to hear about your friends and glad you got the hell off then.

Also, sorry about your friends. No excuse for this and poor doctor supervision. It is listed as a possible side effect and to contact your prescribing md. But gyno is nothing compared to suicide or suicidal thoughts.

As a side note, SSRI’s are not to be taken lightly and are not for everybody. But . . . they have helped more people than they have hurt and one must always be mindful on any medication really and to contract your doctor when in doubt.

Off my soapbox.

I’m the poster child for what psychiatrist consider an ssri candidate and my mood improved. It was great. But then in short time my cock disappeared like Alzadosghosts. I never had to mention the side effects to my psychiatrist he knew and cut the dose to next to nothing after just a few weeks on it. I still take it but I don’t feel “happiness” and can use my dick.
After what Phoenix2 said I’m likely going to stop taking it when I go back on my tnt regimen.

i had a feeling prozac is fucking with my sex drive and prolactin bigtime, time to dump that crap, the only benefit I've noticed in 6+ months anyway is less anxiety, less ability to focus, and just a general i don't give a fuck attitude.

i had a feeling prozac is fucking with my sex drive and prolactin bigtime, time to dump that crap, the only benefit I've noticed in 6+ months anyway is less anxiety, less ability to focus, and just a general i don't give a fuck attitude.

based on the other thread why on earth would you fuck with ssri.s?
this is an actual medical use where i would consider md of sertonin agents 9 million times before standard practice and an actual viable use.

ssris are bad mojo in general function.
limiting the bodys function in this manner i think is the opposit way to go.
that applies to ssrti use in general.
backasswards

the perspective of the op is interesting in that he was "put on" one drug but choosing to take others. seems better to choose what drugs to take based on design and direction.

Exactly. It's also worth mentioning our bodies change over time and there are other reasons why we may experience hormonal side effects (caused by elevated prolactin and/or estrogen in the OP's case) that have nothing to do with the usage of SSRI's. So for people on SSRI's I wouldn't automatically blame that for your new gyno even if you're on the same dose of test for many years.

Hello lifters.

Ive done PEDs in the past and had literally zero issues with gyno. Not swollen, no lumps, nothing.

18 months ago I was diagnosed with ”depression” and got put on 50mg Sertralin. After something like 16 months I started to get an itch and soreness in my left nipple and there was lumps forming.

I decided, myself, to stop the treatment after finding out its a potential side effect and after a few weeks the itchyness went away and the lumps soften. There was also a sample taken and while it was to small of a sample to confirm gyno, they said they found nothing that it could be cancer.

Anyway. After years and years of being off Im looking to jump on again after a reach a target weight but now Im wondering if my ”developed” gyno could flare/grow more easily this time around.

I dont know if there is any ”if its started to form you are more sensitive” or something along those lines. Hard to find any literature but maybe people have experience on gyno, maybe they got more sensitive after it formed a mass.
Side effects of SSRIs/SNRIs include weight gain, gynecomastia, and increased activity in the serotonin producing cells of the gut as well as the brain just on it's own. Combined with testosterone and associated HPGA suppression in both men and women, I'm not surprised. It's worth a discussion to consider a switch to another class of anti-depressants such as a tri-cyclic. Avoid monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) if at all possible.

Maybe not even prolactin directly, but excessive serotonergic tone fucks up the balance between serotonin and dopamine, giving a low dopamine like side effects. Dopamine is the neurotransmitter of motivation, of reward from pleasing activities (like sex), of motor, verbal and other skills learning. Dopamine blocks the release of prolactin from pituitary cells. Too much serotonin makes you emotionally numb, apathetic, unmotivated and undriven, tired and you eventually suffer of sexual disfunctions (low libido, ed, anorgasmia).
Androgens (in particular strong ones) stimulate the dopaminergic tone, estrogens instead stimulate the serotonergic one (which is why excess of estrogens stimulate the release of prolactin).
Too much dopamine in relation to serotonin could make you anxious, addicted to pleasing and rewarding activities (sex, gambling, drugs and so on), could lead to hypomania, impulsivity and impaired risk perception.
As always balance is the key.

Letro will help shrink it some. At least I’ve seen it happen with one of my boys. It crushed his libido too and tanked his estrogen too!

I’ve been SSRI’s for many years now along side PED’s and I’ve never ran across any gyno issues. Course everyone’s body reacts differently.

Cage

Lots of information, thanks. Now I just need to get my doctor to run bloodwork which is not that easy in Europe, the first question I got when raised the gyno-issue was if I ate soy-products...

If I would decide to go on a cycle in the future, could I be more sensitive to gyno development this time around since its already formed a mass?

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member