over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SSRIs Experiences OCD/Depression/Anxiety

Altair

Registered
Newbies
First of all thank you to everyone who posted and provided feedback on my thread for severe OCD -
I truly appreciate it.

I am making this thread because my OCD is just getting worse my the week at this point and I just see no other option than medication at least for now.
There is something fundamentally wrong with how my brain is firing, like a faulty circuit and no matter how much I fight the obsessions and compulsions they just keep coming back in some other form.

I wanted to know what everyone’s experience has been with SSRIs like Prozac, Zoloft, Luvox etc.

I especially want to know the effects they had on your training, it might sound stupid but I’m really concerned how it will affect my intensity/aggression in the gym and in the boxing ring as these are my true passion.
And of course the sexual side effects and fat gain.

First of all thank you to everyone who posted and provided feedback on my thread for severe OCD -
I truly appreciate it.

I am making this thread because my OCD is just getting worse my the week at this point and I just see no other option than medication at least for now.
There is something fundamentally wrong with how my brain is firing, like a faulty circuit and no matter how much I fight the obsessions and compulsions they just keep coming back in some other form.

I wanted to know what everyone’s experience has been with SSRIs like Prozac, Zoloft, Luvox etc.

I especially want to know the effects they had on your training, it might sound stupid but I’m really concerned how it will affect my intensity/aggression in the gym and in the boxing ring as these are my true passion.

I take Paxil for some of the shit they say is wrong with me , anxiety , OCD and PTSD being the main reasons.
It works better than Prozac and Zoloft with less side effects , the only thing I noticed is that when I was taking the prescription dose I was so much less emotional , like all the way around. Less happy , less Agitated , less emotional , and so on. It actually made me feel like i had way less concern for anything as well.
I have since backed my dose in half and intake 500mg Ashwaganda in the morning and evening , it help more with the reason i take it and have no negative side effects like the full dose of Paxil does.

I take 10mg of Lexapro which is actually 1/2 the normal dose of 20mg. 20mg side effects for me were to much, slept all the time and could not finish sexually. 10mg takes the edge off and gives me no sides. I am very focused an driven so it does not effect me in that way at all. I wished I would have had this drug decades ago, I feel like a different person on it.

My wife uses Prozac and does well on that, but her symptoms weren't as severe as your's. I think about the only side she has is low sex drive. They tried Wellbutrin on her and that "turned her into a zombie". She couldn't sleep at night and all day she felt like she was in a dream world of some crazy shit. She had to quit it in about 1 week.

Mirtazapine: this one probably worked the best for me, really helped with sleep, and somewhat with anxiety. This was the only one I can remember actually going to the gym while I was taking it. Only one I would recommend trying.

Wellbutrin: didn't notice anything at all

Cymbalta: I felt really good on this one, but made a ton of stupid decisions, in hindsight I was probably manic

Prozac: noticed nothing other than very severe sexual dysfunction, that persisted for a long time after discontinuing. I gave up on antidepressants and prescription drugs in general after this one.

I truly appreciate it.

I have ADHD with some OCD as well and I have been on Paxil, Effexor XR, and Prozac before. The first med I used about 20 years was Paxil and for the past 10 years or so I have been back on Paxil 30mg daily and like it better than the others but I would not say it made a huge difference.

I have had severe depression, anxiety, ocd well since I can remember...

I have tried every medication under the sun, I have klonopin on hand which I used to take daily as needed its the only RX that has worked long time but it makes me drowsy. Effexor was the scariest, I saw dreams of murdering people and was not sure what was real and what not. All others made me feel numb and/or fatigued. This year I started Welbutrin and it fixed everything for like 2 weeks and then everything came back with a vengeance and it actually made everything worse.

I haven’t really had depression for almost two months now, social anxiety is pretty much gone, OCD is 90% better and more a habit I feel but I’m slowly breaking my habits and realizing I don’t have to check everything 3x3 times haha.

What helped:

Reducing Caffeine intake to one cup and waiting at least an hour after waking up before having it.

Diet helps, the less carbs more stability.

Finally the magic that turned everything around and this might be against the rules so please delete if it is but...

Microdosing with Psylocybin Mushrooms, I’m talking 0,1grams about twice a week(active dose is +1,5grams), so no trips or such. I haven’t dosed in about 13days and still feel no lessening effects. Dosing days I would feel physically fatigued and sometimes problem sleeping. I don’t feel high or more happy, but I feel normal, I think about things from a different perspective without fear and anxiety. I feel more love to my partner and our animals, because of that I’m happy, more active, hardly any food cravings etc etc. It’s a weird feeling, feeling ‘’normal’’. Now please note that mushrooms are illegal in most countries so do your studying. I remember John Hopkins and a Uni in the UK are studying the effects on lasting change against treatment resistant depression, plus there are so many anecdotal testimonials that I have read like mine. So not endorsing this just saying what it has done to me.

The last thing I will say is that whatever med you try and helps you, you still have to do the work and fix the actual issues and YES there always are some, but with a mind that is not defaulted in depression/anxiety it can be done, but if not everything will come back!

I truly appreciate it.

I've been on several and I think they are great meds that are very effective at what they do. That's the good part. Now the sexual side effects are something I eventually couldn't live with anymore, especially the anorgasmia (hard to next to impossible to climax). So I would think about it very carefully before you hop on one because it will probably work wonders but then your stuck with the dilemma of staying on them or not because of the sexual side effects.

Note that there are people who CLAIM not to get the sexual side effects but that's a small minority and how trustworthy are these claims?

Your other concerns are really non-concerns, fat gain will not happen unless you make it happen through your diet and your training will likely only be positively affected.

I've said this before in the other thread and I don't know how much or whether it is used for OCD but since it also works on Serotonin I'll assume it's also used for OCD, Mirtazapine is a sexual side effect-free alternative that is certainly worth looking into.

Your other concerns are really non-concerns, fat gain will not happen unless you make it happen through your diet and your training will likely only be positively affected.

I've said this before in the other thread and I don't know how much or whether it is used for OCD but since it also works on Serotonin I'll assume it's also used for OCD, Mirtazapine is a sexual side effect-free alternative that is certainly worth looking into.

Funny thing is that these effect everybody very differently. I used Remeron aka Mirtazapine about 15years ago and its one of the two that I really remember I tried in my 20’s(other being Effexor). It made me sleep 16+ hours a day even after weeks and when I woke up it was like MK677 and ghrp6 x 100000! I could not stop eating, hungry all the time, it was the fattest I have ever been in my life, but again everybody reacts different but weight gain and sleepiness are two known common side effects.

Welbutrin is supposed to be a sex pill for many, but again for me it did nothing in that regard.

The lesson what I want to preach and this really sucks btw that different meds effect different people in different ways(just read reviews, some people will tout as a lifesaver some will say it made life hell). The even suckier thing is that every med needs a month or so before you know what it really does.

Best advice is go to a doctor and let them guide you, but by all means do some research beforehand but remember that your an individual and don’t give up/settle because live is really short and it sad going through it not being happy!

I also suggest behavior therapy if possible, I was only able to do a bit as I was always moving from country to country, but NLP Techniques(self taught) and Meditation still help me keep everything in check!

I’ll give you my opinion on this ,even though I’m late to this thread.I’ve had ocd really bad most of my life along with severe anxiety and bipolar.I’ve tried every medicine on the market and I’m not going through all of them.I will go through what has worked best for me.SSRI in general did nothing for me.I finally tried an SNRI cymbalta, since I was told it helped with back pain as well so I tried it along with clonazepam ,trazadone for sleep and seroquil for bipolar.the first 3 worked wonders on me .I barely have anxiety any more,my ocd and my crazy rituals are finally gone after so many years. I used to wash my hands 100 or more times a day,my hair had to be perfect,I broke every lock in my house from constantly checking it ,even though I already did 20 times.I was so depressed from my accident I wanted to die then wake up one more day in excruciating pain.always in the hospital.these meds saved my life.
Now seroquel worked great fir bipolar and sleep but even eating right I ballooned up to 320 pounds of fat.I was so miserable in the way I looked I wouldn’t leave the house.don’t start that Med,stay away from it.I finally weaned my way off of it and I’m continuing to drop body fat.
I’m almost always in a good mood now.I do have a problem climaxing fast.it’s not that bad though, I always manage to.my sex drive is great,my erections are great.
I know people say Benzos are for short term but been on 1mg clonazapam 3 times a day for 25 years.my doctor keeps me on it.thise are the 3 psych meds I’m on and will be on for the rest of my life.
Anything is worth a try when your suffering,but always consult a dr before doing anything.
Good luck and hope you found help by now

I just copied snd pasted what I wrote in last thread

I have severe anxiety and o was just also diagnosed with ocd. Was just switched from Wellbutrin and buspar to Prozac after the ocd diagnosis and for the first time in about 5 years I don’t feel like a crazy person. My brain has slowed down racing, I don’t get so panicky and anxious as deadlines for things approach. Even something as stupid as going to dinner I hyperfocus and get anxious to the point I can’t enjoy it. And if something changes last minute I fall apart. I’ve been on the Prozac for 1.5 months and within the first 3 days I felt dramatically better and have improved since. It’s like I’ve taken off a 200lb backpack. It feels like a miracle as no other drug has ever given me any relief at all. I believe the buspar made me worse

I have severe anxiety and o was just also diagnosed with ocd. Was just switched from Wellbutrin and buspar to Prozac after the ocd diagnosis and for the first time in about 5 years I don’t feel like a crazy person. My brain has slowed down racing, I don’t get so panicky and anxious as deadlines for things approach. Even something as stupid as going to dinner I hyperfocus and get anxious to the point I can’t enjoy it. And if something changes last minute I fall apart. I’ve been on the Prozac for 1.5 months and within the first 3 days I felt dramatically better and have improved since. It’s like I’ve taken off a 200lb backpack. It feels like a miracle as no other drug has ever given me any relief at all. I believe the buspar made me worse

I'm honestly happy that the Prozac has worked for you. I hope that it continues to work out well as time goes on.

But given other people's experiences with Prozac, I must ask: did you experience negative sexual side effects, as this bothers many who have used the SSRI's?

You don't have to answer if you feel that's too personal; we all share what we choose to share on the board.

But it's an important consideration for many to take into account when trying to balance out if any of these meds will make us happier or not.

Again, I hope that it continues to work for you.

I'm honestly happy that the Prozac has worked for you. I hope that it continues to work out well as time goes on.

But given other people's experiences with Prozac, I must ask: did you experience negative sexual side effects, as this bothers many who have used the SSRI's?

You don't have to answer if you feel that's too personal; we all share what we choose to share on the board.

But it's an important consideration for many to take into account when trying to balance out if any of these meds will make us happier or not.

Again, I hope that it continues to work for you.
So it hasn’t given me any Ed issues which Wellbutrin definitely did. But it does take me a little longer to climax. Which my wife is happy about. It’s not an annoying amount of time though and actually has made the experience better for me too. And I wasn’t a premature ejaculator to begin with, my wife is just a horn dog.
I also tried amitryptaline to begin with which gave me no relief, but did make it easier to sleep.
zoloft gave me terrible tremors, and overwhelming sense of hopelessness, and thoughts of suicide

Shoot , we are similar. You weren't lying lol

I was given ssri at a young age and they caused me intrusive thoughts plus a myriad of other issues. I've read wellbutrin is probably the best.

I was given ssri at a young age and they caused me intrusive thoughts plus a myriad of other issues. I've read wellbutrin is probably the best.
I got no sides from Wellbutrin other than occasional Ed, but I never felt it actually improved anything for me either. Also, for some reason I got muscle cramps a lot while taking it. They’ve gone away 90 percent since switching to Prozac

Where did you read Bupropion is probably the best? What determines the most appropriate prescription is the symptoms being recorded. Bupropion is rated a mild drug. Certain metal health patients wouldn't even get therapeutic benefits from WELLBUTRIN! Its patient and symptom dependent. Not drug dependent

to each their own. I'll never put another ssri in my body ever again. Quirks and all, my brain is just fine the way it is.
Definitely to each his own. If this works for you then by all means. But my ocd and anxiety had gotten nearly debilitating and Prozac has given my life back to me

Where did you read Bupropion is probably the best? What determines the most appropriate prescription is the symptoms being recorded. Bupropion is rated a mild drug. Certain metal health patients wouldn't even get therapeutic benefits from WELLBUTRIN! Its patient and symptom dependent. Not drug dependent

Another personal experience anecdote elsewhere. But that's true.

to each their own. I'll never put another ssri in my body ever again. Quirks and all, my brain is just fine the way it is.
That's your choice. SSRI's work around 60% of the time for patients. That is a big gap from benefits to no therapeutic satisfaction. Maybe you don't need an ssri and and need to treat depressive disorder that does not improve following the use of antidepressant with a different class of medication. Such as lithium bicarbonate. Lithium works on fixing the abnormal activity in the brain to find a homeostasis to keep it simple.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear