over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SSRIs on Test Levels

grizzly978

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was just prescribed citalopram(celexa) and I'm not sure if I want to take it due to possible side effects. Does anyone on here know if SSRIs can a negative impact on your test levels?

Yes it will lower your test & it will kill your libido, & you may not be able to cum or have ED.....when you come off you need to taper or you will experience all kinds of weird side effects, like brain zaps ect....if you just stop taking them, you could have seizures....you'll gain fat too. SSRIs are bad news, but if you need them they can save your life. Based on personal experience, I wouldn't take em unless it was life or death. Not to go Dr. Phil here, but talking to a professional, neutral person can make a difference. Get help man.

You might just have low test....that's what was wrong with me....among other things. Lol

Yes it will lower your test & it will kill your libido, & you may not be able to cum or have ED.....when you come off you need to taper or you will experience all kinds of weird side effects, like brain zaps ect....if you just stop taking them, you could have seizures....you'll gain fat too. SSRIs are bad news, but if you need them they can save your life. Based on personal experience, I wouldn't take em unless it was life or death. Not to go Dr. Phil here, but talking to a professional, neutral person can make a difference. Get help man.

Seriously use some common sense when you post. So it will do that and that and that.

Ok where to I start.... lower my test... I came off my cycle and felt surprisingly good. I recovered fairly quickly. After a few months I went on another cycle and well great.

It will kill your libido... well some of my cycle have made me up and down but no I can't get enough of my girl. I can't touch her cos she has just had a boob job and I am going crazy.

You may not be able to come or have ED... sure that is possible. I find it harder to cum but I can and if anything it is better when I do.

Sure like with anything side effects are possible but to come on and say your gona feel this and that is totally wrong. This is why research s important and that is what he is doing. He has been to see a doctor... I am sure he is more qualified than me and you put together to advise him. He has prescribed him citalopram which I am using.

You might just have low test....that's what was wrong with me....among other things. Lol

Have you ever thought that your ed issues and low libido are likely due to your low test levels.

Sure everyone reacts differently to certain medications. And many hate SSRI's and get bad sides. But to say he is gonna feel this and that is simply wrong.

They are all possible side effects and if someone with low test levels was to take an SSRI I am sure they will experience all of those.

The best advice for anyone with anxiety, depression, or the 1001 illnesses out there is to see a doctor. They are better qualified than anyone on here.

Have you had your test levels tested (grizzly)?

Last edited:
Have you ever thought that your ed issues and low libido are likely due to your low test levels.

Sure everyone reacts differently to certain medications. And many hate SSRI's and get bad sides. But to say he is gonna feel this and that is simply wrong.

They are all possible side effects and if someone with low test levels was to take an SSRI I am sure they will experience all of those.

The best advice for anyone with anxiety, depression, or the 1001 illnesses out there is to see a doctor. They are better qualified than anyone on here.

Have you had your test levels tested (grizzly)?

Thanks for the help I got your pm. No I havent had my test levels checked yet but my Dr wants me to get bloodwork done after I told him I cycle aas. Thanks for the help. I really think my test may be low after all , I've been tired and just down ever since I stopped my tren back in April. I used test at 500mg and I felt normal again which is telling me this may be hormonal and not a mental issue.

I'm going to break the citalopram in half and just give 10mg a try. I have read that SSRI's can possibly raise test but with medicines side effect lists are crazy so who knows if it even effects test at all.

I am a much happier person to be around on ssri's. They are so worth it for me. The sides are minmal.

I wouldn't worry about clexa though, especially 20mg.

I was just prescribed citalopram(celexa) and I'm not sure if I want to take it due to possible side effects. Does anyone on here know if SSRIs can a negative impact on your test levels?

I'm not certain if they directly hinder or hurt testosterone production but I have heard of some sexual sides. Most was taking longer to ejaculate,,not desire or erection issues.

I just sent another pm reply. As I mentioned in that it is most definately hormonal. Your hormonal balance (tren) was a catalyst in your anxiety disorder imo.

Sure many go through mild depression and may experience anxiety as they don't recover properly post cycle. A key word in this is tren. The sheer power of this hormone... mainly some of it's androgenic properties would have had a pronounced effect on you. It would have made recovery harder post cycle and now your suffering.

But this mainly happens in sensitive individuals. Of course you need to sort out the route of the problem. You need your hormones to be back on track. But your still experiencing anxiety.

I have since come off cycle, had a break and back on again etc etc. Still had the anxiety throughout. But yeah a stable supply of test will definately help with anxiety. Being off cycle is likely to cause many of your issues.

But the point is you have anxiety and I think the citalopram would help greatly. But of course I am a stranger so never follow my words. But you doctor has put you on it and it getting you the appropriate tests so I think you should have confidence in him. As you said you never even mentioned citalopram to him and he brought you out the prescription for it.

20mg is common for depression sufferers as well as anxiety. I was solely presrcribed it for anxiety so am on 10mg. But as I mentioned I have thought of doubling my tabs many times in the last 9 months (I obviously didn't).

I hope it works out for you. Like I said it my pm just give it time and don't worry about it. Your seeing your doctor so just follow everything he says for now. I hope you will feel 10 times better in a few weeks.

celexa didn't cause any sexual issues for me... now paxil, that is a different story, i couldn't have an orgasm at all... it was fun for the extra long play, but frustrating that i couldn't reach orgasm. I haven't seen any studies saying it will lower test levels... and if it does... at the end of the day, who gives a fuck? yes this is a bb forum, but IMO, mental health is far more important then a huge bench press.

dude, i'll say this, if you need ssri, that to me is more important then testosterone. talk to your Dr about your concerns, not people on a message board. this is just my opinion. talk to your Dr.

And IMO, SSRI are "not" bad news. they save lives. oh and btw, talk to your Dr.. just in case you didn't see that before.

I take 40mg celexa per day and have for the last 6 months. It makes me last a lot longer in bed which I like and it is a life saver for my depression.

Thanks for all the help from everyone you guys are the best. F*ck it im going to give it a try. My thryroid and adrenals have been all screwed up after I went out on an adderrall, caffeine, nicotine binge for 3 months along with tren a and a shitload of other gear. My dr suggested my thyroid may be messed up so I'll be having that checked. I learned steroids aren't bad but abusing them with other drugs is bad, or abusing them alone.

I have tried many SSRIs and SNRIs over the last 10 years if one dose not work try another or a combo maybe. I tried celexa and it didn't work for me then i tried lexapo which did. It is the same molecule as celexa but only one side of the mirror of the molecule and that helped. I also found the Protriptalin works well for me with the lexapro because it gives me a lot more energy and helps with anxiety and depression. If you suffer from tiredness then this SNRI maybe worth a try. Neither have affected my test levels.

IMO, leave the juice alone. you need to concentrate on your mental well being right now and get your thyroid fix right now... of course this is just my opinion.

Thanks bros. Had bloodwork done today so my doc will be sending in results. I did break my 20mg citlopram in half and just went with 10mg . Hopefully this is a miracle pill lol :D

I have tried many SSRIs and SNRIs over the last 10 years if one dose not work try another or a combo maybe. I tried celexa and it didn't work for me then i tried lexapo which did. It is the same molecule as celexa but only one side of the mirror of the molecule and that helped. I also found the Protriptalin works well for me with the lexapro because it gives me a lot more energy and helps with anxiety and depression. If you suffer from tiredness then this SNRI maybe worth a try. Neither have affected my test levels.

I'm gonna check into protriptalin. I currently take 100mg zoloft and 150mg wellbutrin xl.

I here zoloft and wellbutrin works well for most people on the energy side of anti depressants. Both worked horribly for me that's why i said you may not find the right drug right away. It seems to each there own in this type of situation.

i just tapered off celexa a couple days ago(20mg). I hated how it affected my libido. not much interest in sex and would take FOREVER to get off. we're talkin 2 hours or longer. beyond frustrating. good cardio i guess lol. also on it I felt "dull" like when shit hits the fan I didnt freak out anymore but I never got really happy either. its kind of a trade off what you are willing to/can deal with.

I think no one in relationship should EVER take SSRI.

Sex, Love, and SSRIs | Psychology Today

I recommend reading whole paper. It isn't science fiction, there is a reason I started researching this topic. Let's say I experienced it. It's ridiculous how much it can fuck up your head. You just loose feeling of love without any real reason, you start questioning your feelings. If you're unaware of this it may fuck up your life and make you loose someone very special just becouse his/her/your head got fucked up by those meds.

Everything that changes brain chemistry is SERIOUS shit. It's day and night difference for some and should always be used as last resort.

I think no one in relationship should EVER take SSRI.

Sex, Love, and SSRIs | Psychology Today

I recommend reading whole paper. It isn't science fiction, there is a reason I started researching this topic. Let's say I experienced it. It's ridiculous how much it can fuck up your head. You just loose feeling of love without any real reason, you start questioning your feelings. If you're unaware of this it may fuck up your life and make you loose someone very special just becouse his/her/your head got fucked up by those meds.

Everything that changes brain chemistry is SERIOUS shit. It's day and night difference for some and should always be used as last resort.

But what about the people that can't keep relationships because they need meds?

Just something to think about. Yes everyone doesn't need meds, but some do.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws