over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stage 3 kidney disease in older person

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've been reading through this thread for info but I wasn't about to hijack the post.

https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...s/possible-kidney-issues-gfr-35.165679/page-6

Anyway. My mom was told it's normal for a person of her age to have stage 3 kidney disease (she's 74)
She's on blood pressure meds. She's managing her high cholesterol. And she has osteoporosis which she's only using natural bone supplements to hopefully (I know it takes years) help her bone density.

Reading the above post, I saw this
(Photo attached)

Should I get my mom on a similar supplement plan for her kidney function

Attachments

• IMG_20211105_103041.jpg
    IMG_20211105_103041.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 42
She got new blood work yesterday but here's blood work from last month. It doesn't look look like her cholesterol is being managed at all.
She won't take a statin because of what 5mg Crestor made her feel like (itching every where and aches)
Shes only taking 1000 Jarrow citrus bergamot a day.
I just added in krill oil and Kyolic Cholesterol, Lecithin a week ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20211105_112730.jpg
    IMG_20211105_112730.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 47
I just saw a advertisement for a brand new drug that suppose to prevent ckd from needing dialysis. It's worth a google.

And no I don't think it's normal to be in stage 3 ckd that pretty advanced even for her age. Most people with ckd 3 are on dialysis within 5 yrs. My mother is 72 and has perfect kidney function. I bet it's somehow related to her high blood pressure.

I just saw a advertisement for a brand new drug that suppose to prevent ckd from needing dialysis. It's worth a google.

And no I don't think it's normal to be in stage 3 ckd that pretty advanced even for her age. Most people with ckd 3 are on dialysis within 5 yrs. My mother is 72 and has perfect kidney function. I bet it's somehow related to her high blood pressure.
Thank you for the reply

You can try adding astragalus and re-running bloods to see; there's plenty of folks who've seen some pretty large rises in GFR. It's usually the ones who get to a certain point (Stage 4- 5) that it's a point of no return

My dad had stage 3 ckd that took 10 years to progress to end stage renal failure, but it's very different for everyone. Kidney disease is also tracked as much by symptoms as it is by bloods

It can be managed with proper BP, and blood glucose monitoring, as well as proper tracking of kidney function

She may also want to try another statin brand. Unfortunately she is not alone a lot of people can tolerate them. If she is eating a lot of processed food it wouldn't hurt to switch out the bag and boxes food for more produce or natural foods. John meadow (RIP) posted his blood work before where I believe he was eating a lot of corn based products and once he cut it out and retested his cholesterol and other markers came came back in reqlly good range. His doctor even question what was different and he said he cut out those corn products. I'll see if I can find it.

You can try adding astragalus and re-running bloods to see; there's plenty of folks who've seen some pretty large rises in GFR. It's usually the ones who get to a certain point (Stage 4- 5) that it's a point of no return

My dad had stage 3 ckd that took 10 years to progress to end stage renal failure, but it's very different for everyone. Kidney disease is also tracked as much by symptoms as it is by bloods

It can be managed with proper BP, and blood glucose monitoring, as well as proper tracking of kidney function
I wonder how much. I saw a guy using 3grams or so a day.

She may also want to try another statin brand. Unfortunately she is not alone a lot of people can tolerate them. If she is eating a lot of processed food it wouldn't hurt to switch out the bag and boxes food for more produce or natural foods. John meadow (RIP) posted his blood work before where I believe he was eating a lot of corn based products and once he cut it out and retested his cholesterol and other markers came came back in reqlly good range. His doctor even question what was different and he said he cut out those corn products. I'll see if I can find it.
Is there statin alternatives

I wonder how much. I saw a guy using 3grams or so a day.
You can read DC's posts on this

Astragalus has a dose dependent response in people

This is the future for those of you haven't seen this.

Nice. ETA? 20 years probably lol. FDA is a trainwreck in some areas, this being one of them. So much red tape. Yes. For good reason “at times”. I get it.

You can read DC's posts on this

Astragalus has a dose dependent response in people
Which one exactly. Sorry I see a few of his kidney responses.
I was hoping he'd chime in lol.

Which one exactly. Sorry I see a few of his kidney responses.
I was hoping he'd chime in lol.
My eGFR was low 60’s. I have been high 90’s low 100’s for about 2 years now thanks to Dante. I used 6 grams/day of vitamin shoppe brand astragalus split into am/pm. For the last year I dropped to 3 grams/day and my eGFR has stayed the same.

Anyway. My mom was told it's normal for a person of her age to have stage 3 kidney disease (she's 74)

WTF, I'm not a doctor, but that's nonsense, don't take that shit.

I wish you and your mom a found a solution.

My eGFR was low 60’s. I have been high 90’s low 100’s for about 2 years now thanks to Dante. I used 6 grams/day of vitamin shoppe brand astragalus split into am/pm. For the last year I dropped to 3 grams/day and my eGFR has stayed the same.

Do you think if you had used just 3g/day from the beginning instead of 6g/day, your eGFR would have gotten to high 90's/low 100's?

Astragalus should be in her arsenal and kidney function does decline some with age but not to her level. Message @DOGGCRAPP for some further guidance. Best of luck Cinder!

Do you think if you had used just 3g/day from the beginning instead of 6g/day, your eGFR would have gotten to high 90's/low 100's?
No. I did try lower doses in the beginning. My eGFR only went into the 70’s. 6 grams/day for several months brought my eGFR in the low 100’s

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws