over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stage 3 kidney disease in older person

I don't have much to add in term of what to take via supplementation as everyone has covered most of that already. In fact depending on what type of damage is done will depend on whether it can be fixed as well. For instance, in laymens terms, once the filters are blown out by high BP; they aren't going to repair themselves and the key is prevent further damage(by keeping blood pressure under control).

Also, I don't know what her creatinine values were prior to recently, but if there was a recent decline, it could be from the UTI.

One more thing, I recently started using a product called "Kidney Support" from Herbalist & Alchemist. It comes in liquid form and is pricey. My creatinine had been running around 2.4 for the past 2 years(transplant) and had gone up quickly to 3.0 about 10 weeks ago. The next labs I had was about 4 weeks ago and it was down to 2.0. However, I don't know that it had anything to do with the supplement necessary because we also switched anti-rejection meds over this time period to a medication that is much less kidney toxic.

My mom's lastest test attachedView attachment 148171View attachment 148172She has a bladder infection.
She's on the following regularly:

Citrus bergamot.
Krill oil.
Kyolic garlic pills.
Vitamins c
Vitamin d 5000mcg
This bone strength stuff by NOW. Which I think she probably needs a different brand idk.
And for her bp she's taking that water pill that started with H and Metoprolol I think.
Looking at all of that I feel she could benefit from a higher water intake and add some trace minerals to it daily.

Her fasting glucose levels are on the high end so would try and bring those down. I don’t want to promote products that aren’t sponsors on the board. So please remove if an issue.

But there are three formulations I would suggest that actually detox and repair the kidneys as many are just diuretic herbs that can make it worse.

But the three kidney products I suggest and have seen work are:

FIQ Kidney IQ - it’s a liquid
Revive’s Kidney powder
PRL Labs (or Quantum Labs) - renal support blend which is a capsule

If nothing else just buy some Chanca Piedra in powder form and mix it in smoothies or juice daily as it alone is extremely effective and have seen people come off dialysis using it alone.

Hope this helps!

Looking at all of that I feel she could benefit from a higher water intake and add some trace minerals to it daily.

Her fasting glucose levels are on the high end so would try and bring those down. I don’t want to promote products that aren’t sponsors on the board. So please remove if an issue.

But there are three formulations I would suggest that actually detox and repair the kidneys as many are just diuretic herbs that can make it worse.

Revive’s Kidney powder

If nothing else just buy some Chanca Piedra in powder form and mix it in smoothies or juice daily as it alone is extremely effective and have seen people come off dialysis using it alone.

Hope this helps!
Thank for you this.
Oh and I thought chanca piedra was for kidney stones.

Revive’s Kidney powder

Hope this helps!
Isn't that FIQ have diuretics in it?

Isn't that FIQ have diuretics in it?
Most of the ingredients will be to support snd tonify the kidneys, but be and need some detox too.

Chanca piedra is commonly known for kidney stones but an overall very effective kidney support ingredient.

I don't have much to add in term of what to take via supplementation as everyone has covered most of that already. In fact depending on what type of damage is done will depend on whether it can be fixed as well. For instance, in laymens terms, once the filters are blown out by high BP; they aren't going to repair themselves and the key is prevent further damage(by keeping blood pressure under control).

Also, I don't know what her creatinine values were prior to recently, but if there was a recent decline, it could be from the UTI.

One more thing, I recently started using a product called "Kidney Support" from Herbalist & Alchemist. It comes in liquid form and is pricey. My creatinine had been running around 2.4 for the past 2 years(transplant) and had gone up quickly to 3.0 about 10 weeks ago. The next labs I had was about 4 weeks ago and it was down to 2.0. However, I don't know that it had anything to do with the supplement necessary because we also switched anti-rejection meds over this time period to a medication that is much less kidney toxic.
How long would it take maybe to get eGFR numbers up with astragalus. My mom has been on 6 grams a day of vitamin shopee brand for 4 months March 8th. Level went up like 4 points which don’t show much but it’s only been almost 4 months.

How long would it take maybe to get eGFR numbers up with astragalus. My mom has been on 6 grams a day of vitamin shopee brand for 4 months March 8th. Level went up like 4 points which don’t show much but it’s only been almost 4 months.
It took me a couple of months. After about 2 months of 6 grams/day mine went up about 9 points. Over the next couple of months it kept increasing. My lowest I believe was around 64. Now I am just over 100. I have been maintaining high 90’s- low 100’s using just 3 grams/day now

It took me a couple of months. After about 2 months of 6 grams/day mine went up about 9 points. Over the next couple of months it kept increasing. My lowest I believe was around 64. Now I am just over 100. I have been maintaining high 90’s- low 100’s using just 3 grams/day now
Thank you. I’m hoping things will improve more but it’s been almost 4 months and idk why I thought things would be higher.

Maybe she should use more?

Maybe she should use more?
Dante advised me to increase to 8 grams and add pycogenol. My eGFR kept improving so I kept the astragalus at 6 grams.

Dante advised me to increase to 8 grams and add pycogenol. My eGFR kept improving so I kept the astragalus at 6 grams.
I just read your previous response about pycogenol and not using long. Also my mom doesn’t swallow these gel caps. She pours them into a cranberry drink.

I just read your previous response about pycogenol and not using long. Also my mom doesn’t swallow these gel caps. She pours them into a cranberry drink.
I wonder if the recommended pycogenol and grade seed should be lower dosage for my mom

What's this about Kidney and liver cysts with Astragalus?
That is interesting...I've been doing astragalus at 2000mg am and pm for over a year now but since then for some reason I've slowly developed a dull tender pain to the touch on my lower right kidney. I've been more nauseated lately too...I did an xray last fall and I have a small 12mm single cyst on my right kidney and liver???

That is interesting...I've been doing astragalus at 2000mg am and pm for over a year now but since then for some reason I've slowly developed a dull tender pain to the touch on my lower right kidney. I've been more nauseated lately too...I did an xray last fall and I have a small 12mm single cyst on my right kidney and liver???
Seriously? That's concerning. I hope someone comes in to say something. Which brand?

Most of the ingredients will be to support snd tonify the kidneys, but be and need some detox too.

Chanca piedra is commonly known for kidney stones but an overall very effective kidney support ingredient.
What dose is used on chanca. Thank you

Since this post her egfr went from 37 to 47 on 6grams of astragalus. We're gonna stay on this amount till November with would be a year before we lower it maybe.

We found out she's retaining some urine in bladder but idk what this means. We have to see a urologist now. Any thoughts on this?
Originally they assumed repeated bladder infections.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear