over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stagnant Progression - Eating too much?

thedorkyd1

Registered
Newbies
I've been at this for a few years now and for the last 2 or so years my progression has been very stagnant in the gym. I'm actually probably weaker now than what I was 2 years ago but about 20kg heavier and significantly leaner.

Anyway some days in the gym I feel really good, lots of energy, sweat a lot, get a good pump but very slightly flat. Other days when I feel like I'm super full I'm tired, weak and just can't be bothered with what ever I'm training. Usually get no where near my target numbers (fall 3-4 reps short) and compensate by lowering the weight usually. I always have a meal 2 hours before training with roughly 70P / 200C and minimal fats

I'm starting to think this could be due to my digestion and potentially eating TOO much food? Albeit I've been hovering around the 120-123kg mark for about 3 months now. This indicates to me I'm not eating in a very big surplus (if any at all) but I'm eating as much food as I possibly can right now and ever have in the past (6500 cals daily roughly)

Has anyone else had any similar experiences where they feel like the limiting factor to their training progression could be eating the wrong foods or too much food?

What is your body fat??
you could be getting some insulin resistance

what are your doses , you could be peaked at just how much muscle the amount of hormones you are taking can support

when was the last time you did a tight diet or a reload week

This signals your recovery is not up to par, but sometimes it is; because only sometimes you are doing everything required. You have to obviously do all of these things I write in my post, so lets go.

1] You have to track everything you eat and put into your body, the only way you know for SURE, if you're being consistent - is to literally see you are being consistent on pen and paper, or phone notes - whatever.
You have told us you ALWAYS have a meal 2 hours before training with specific macros/calories - OKAY, now what about the rest of the day; everyday of the week - is it ALWAYS a similar amount, is it ALWAYS the same foods?

Personally from the information you've provided us, I believe you are not absolutely consistent like a robot, most of us aren't.

2] Bodybuilding is simple, you're a big guy - you already know the issue here.
INCREASE CALORIES - GAIN WEIGHT - IF ITS SLOPPY - YOU ARE TAKING TOO LITTLE DRUGS.
INCREASE CALORIES - NO SCALE WEIGHT, NOT GETTING SLOPPY - ITS TOO LITTLE FOOD.
INCREASE CALORIES - INCREASE DRUGS - NOTHING IS HAPPENING - PERHAPS YOU'RE MAXED OUT.

We can only really THINK with you here, you know?

As for wrong foods, pay attention to your digestion and TRACK how you feel when you eat things, again; if you are consistently eating the same things day in day out and have not developed a food intolerance, you would be able to 100% assess your digestion and KNOW whether digestion is the reason for your lack of progression.

BTW 20KG IN 2 YEARS IS ALOT OF FUCKING WEIGHT LOL. Not everybody will be 300lb

Last thing i'd like to say, If some days you are getting great pumps and workouts - this suggests insulin sensitivity is not an issue for you; like a broken record I'd like to just say, eat the exact same as you eat on the GREAT training days EVERYDAY and reasess.

This signals your recovery is not up to par, but sometimes it is; because only sometimes you are doing everything required. You have to obviously do all of these things I write in my post, so lets go.

1] You have to track everything you eat and put into your body, the only way you know for SURE, if you're being consistent - is to literally see you are being consistent on pen and paper, or phone notes - whatever.
You have told us you ALWAYS have a meal 2 hours before training with specific macros/calories - OKAY, now what about the rest of the day; everyday of the week - is it ALWAYS a similar amount, is it ALWAYS the same foods?

Personally from the information you've provided us, I believe you are not absolutely consistent like a robot, most of us aren't.

2] Bodybuilding is simple, you're a big guy - you already know the issue here.
INCREASE CALORIES - GAIN WEIGHT - IF ITS SLOPPY - YOU ARE TAKING TOO LITTLE DRUGS.
INCREASE CALORIES - NO SCALE WEIGHT, NOT GETTING SLOPPY - ITS TOO LITTLE FOOD.
INCREASE CALORIES - INCREASE DRUGS - NOTHING IS HAPPENING - PERHAPS YOU'RE MAXED OUT.

We can only really THINK with you here, you know?

As for wrong foods, pay attention to your digestion and TRACK how you feel when you eat things, again; if you are consistently eating the same things day in day out and have not developed a food intolerance, you would be able to 100% assess your digestion and KNOW whether digestion is the reason for your lack of progression.

BTW 20KG IN 2 YEARS IS ALOT OF FUCKING WEIGHT LOL. Not everybody will be 300lb

Last thing i'd like to say, If some days you are getting great pumps and workouts - this suggests insulin sensitivity is not an issue for you; like a broken record I'd like to just say, eat the exact same as you eat on the GREAT training days EVERYDAY and reasess.
I can assure you that this guy is 100% consistent in what he does - he's on a very high level, the pro card is knocking on the door but is he insulin resistant? Yes, and very much - we have talked about it more than once privately

I can assure you that this guy is 100% consistent in what he does - he's on a very high level, the pro card is knocking on the door but is he insulin resistant? Yes, and very much - we have talked about it more than once privately
If that's what you say then I believe you 100%.

The real question is - Luki has discussed this with you, you know the answer to your problem and you are not doing anything to fix it?? And asking for a second opinion?

The real question is - Luki has discussed this with you, you know the answer to your problem and you are not doing anything to fix it?? And asking for a second opinion?
Because it's been going for 2 years and I never used to use the drugs in the amounts that I do now. There's something else at play, yeah I'm a bit insulin resistant right now but due to my diet being consistent that should be a relatively steady state. It's not like blood sugar fluctuates from 70 points one day fasting and 150 the next...it's consistently high. But I still have these good days and bad days leading me to believe yeah maybe my sugars are having a small impact but it's not the whole story

I've been at this for a few years now and for the last 2 or so years my progression has been very stagnant in the gym. I'm actually probably weaker now than what I was 2 years ago but about 20kg heavier and significantly leaner.

Anyway some days in the gym I feel really good, lots of energy, sweat a lot, get a good pump but very slightly flat. Other days when I feel like I'm super full I'm tired, weak and just can't be bothered with what ever I'm training. Usually get no where near my target numbers (fall 3-4 reps short) and compensate by lowering the weight usually. I always have a meal 2 hours before training with roughly 70P / 200C and minimal fats

I'm starting to think this could be due to my digestion and potentially eating TOO much food? Albeit I've been hovering around the 120-123kg mark for about 3 months now. This indicates to me I'm not eating in a very big surplus (if any at all) but I'm eating as much food as I possibly can right now and ever have in the past (6500 cals daily roughly)

Has anyone else had any similar experiences where they feel like the limiting factor to their training progression could be eating the wrong foods or too much food?
Are you eating when hungry?

You are a pretty big guy and gaining cannot always be in a linear line upward. When I was in my early 20’s I was my most driven to be large and it was easy since I was so motivated. Worked out with wreckless abandon, ate everything, I truly thought I could be as big and strong as some of these pros. Now almost 40 my metabolism has slowed it would be easier to be big but I’m not as motivated. I’m sitting on the couch right now arguing with myself to go to the gym. Priorities change. Maybe try taking a little time off and see if you come back fired up.
Honestly your probably more advanced than a lot of guys on this forum.

Because it's been going for 2 years and I never used to use the drugs in the amounts that I do now. There's something else at play, yeah I'm a bit insulin resistant right now but due to my diet being consistent that should be a relatively steady state. It's not like blood sugar fluctuates from 70 points one day fasting and 150 the next...it's consistently high. But I still have these good days and bad days leading me to believe yeah maybe my sugars are having a small impact but it's not the whole story
Well you can just do some blood tests to see where your insulin resistance state is...
HBA1C
Fasted Glucose
Fasted Insulin
Triglicerides

But how about first fixing the high bloodglucose like Luki mentioned and then see what happens? At least then you'll know 1. Your BG is good which is always nice and 2. If you're still not gaining you have to look somewhere else..

we talked about what to do (it's no secret, so I'm writing about it) and I advised on this matter, but our brother does not want to listen and continues to do what he has been doing so unfortunately we will not be able to help him because he does not want to do it himself

To the op , you are constantly pushing gas pedal being on first gear and expect go faster. You need to finally solve the most important thing- insulin resistance and no amount of drugs will solve nor any exotic compound- you can only do it by going on a DIET lower in calories. Stop being stubborn- you have to make step back to do big jump forward!!!

Meh i start contest prep in a few weeks anyway. Initial post was to do with training and digestion and like always everyone wants to talk about drugs. All good though I know what I need to do already to fix any insulin issues and this will just naturally occur during a contest diet anyway

we talked about what to do (it's no secret, so I'm writing about it) and I advised on this matter, but our brother does not want to listen and continues to do what he has been doing so unfortunately we will not be able to help him because he does not want to do it himself
Like they say, You can only lead a horse to water, not make it drink.

But man, I am super curious what you would recommend doing if I would end up in the same situation. Mind to share some quick bullet points, would be greatly appreciated my man!

Like they say, You can only lead a horse to water, not make it drink.

But man, I am super curious what you would recommend doing if I would end up in the same situation. Mind to share some quick bullet points, would be greatly appreciated my man!
for everyone the advice will be different because @ thedorkyd1 is a unique case as I use very high doses so it would look different than for someone who is not so very insulin resistant

for everyone the advice will be different because @ thedorkyd1 is a unique case as I use very high doses so it would look different than for someone who is not so very insulin resistant
Would it be fair to say some general things may be reduced calories and carbs, increase cardio perhaps fasted, reduce gh, metformin and gda use? Maybe incorporate some or all very low carb days?

Would it be fair to say some general things may be reduced calories and carbs, increase cardio perhaps fasted, reduce gh, metformin and gda use? Maybe incorporate some or all very low carb days?
very generally speaking - yes - that is, the basics are not surprising

@luki7788 for the rest of us who could use this to learn what caused the isulin reistance in this case over use of exogenous insulin use or mainly high food or even gear?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131