YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stan Efferding on Diet, Training Hafthor (The Mountain), etc.

Too late, already watched :LOL:

His Vertical Diet gets tons of praise and it's easy to see why...it's meat and rice, more sodium. Not much revolutionary there :LOL: Obviously effective, a version of it is pretty much what most big guys are eating. Easy to digest, nutrient dense foods that agree with you and move through you quickly so you can eat more. Progressive eating and finding your caloric ceiling.

Great interview, you always nail it.

I follow the vertical diet and love it. Besides beef and rice I eat eggs, carrots, bell peppers, cheddar cheese, Greek yogurt and fruit. It’s easy meal prep with food I like and my digestion is great.
I wondered how the vertical diet panned out, whats a typical day of eating for u, such as meals and such? Low carb as well?

Too late, already watched :LOL:

His Vertical Diet gets tons of praise and it's easy to see why...it's meat and rice, more sodium. Not much revolutionary there :LOL: Obviously effective, a version of it is pretty much what most big guys are eating. Easy to digest, nutrient dense foods that agree with you and move through you quickly so you can eat more. Progressive eating and finding your caloric ceiling.

Great interview, you always nail it.

Thanks for the continued support my man (y)

I follow the vertical diet and love it. Besides beef and rice I eat eggs, carrots, bell peppers, cheddar cheese, Greek yogurt and fruit. It’s easy meal prep with food I like and my digestion is great.

Also interested in hearing. Were you coached by Stan?

I know I sell it short by saying it's just meat and rice and extra salt, but guys would be surprised by their results even if they did just eat that in ample amounts, consistently, along with killing it in the gym (paying mind to recovery, obviously) consistently. Eventually, you're gonna be a big boy. I think Stan designed the diet basically more for big fuckers that need something consistent, easy to digest fairly nutrient dense; stuff you can also eat large amounts of.

Apparently there are lower carb versions where people get like a potato and an orange a day lol Usually before bed or preworkout.

Also interested in hearing. Were you coached by Stan?

I know I sell it short by saying it's just meat and rice and extra salt, but guys would be surprised by their results even if they did just eat that in ample amounts, consistently, along with killing it in the gym (paying mind to recovery, obviously) consistently. Eventually, you're gonna be a big boy. I think Stan designed the diet basically more for big fuckers that need something consistent, easy to digest fairly nutrient dense; stuff you can also eat large amounts of.

Apparently there are lower carb versions where people get like a potato and an orange a day lol Usually before bed or preworkout.
Fairly nutrient dense? Sound like maybe you aren't too familiar with this diet, its EXTREMELY NUTRIENT DENSE, the white rice is just there for an easily digestible carb source that most people tolerate very well, the rest of the diet is all about micro nutrients, the spinach, carrots, bell peppers, oranges (or simply orange juice) salmon. Most prep coaches arent putting that much vit c, magnesium, potassium, b- vitamins into their diet. Most dumb fuck bodybuilders eat chicken and rice most of the day and some fucking oatmeal...LOL

Fairly nutrient dense? Sound like maybe you aren't too familiar with this diet, its EXTREMELY NUTRIENT DENSE, the white rice is just there for an easily digestible carb source that most people tolerate very well, the rest of the diet is all about micro nutrients, the spinach, carrots, bell peppers, oranges (or simply orange juice) salmon. Most prep coaches arent putting that much vit c, magnesium, potassium, b- vitamins into their diet. Most dumb fuck bodybuilders eat chicken and rice most of the day and some fucking oatmeal...LOL

I totally agree. All it's incarnations are ideal for their suited duties. Don't think I'm trying to undersell the diet at all! It's slightly mountaindog-ish and words can't describe the level of respect I have for John.

I have not been coached by Stan but I’ve followed him for many years. Where the vertical diet differs from a normal bodybuilding diet is the emphasis on micronutrients and easily digestible foods. Stan also does not add in any extra fats.

My diet is whole eggs and rice for breakfast and beef and rice throughout the day. I add in foods I listed above throughout the day. Stan calls these horizontal foods such as spinach, fruit, Greek yogurt, cheddar cheese, zucchini, chicken stock, carrots and bell peppers. I also eat a potato daily and salt my food to taste. I do a 10min walk 3x a day after meals as well. He has a YouTube video on why it’s so effective.

If I want to gain mass, I add more rice. If I want to cut, I eat less rice but still keep in the horizontal foods.

It’s a simple and enjoyable way for me to eat without ever feeling bloated even when my calories are high.

I need oatmeal every morning or i feel like crap thru the day, maybe sweet potatoes are ok? It shows them in the diet in the book, but not entirely sure if they are ok every day? Havent read thru the whole book yet

I by no means want to come off bitter or jealous, but I think this whole vertical diet stuff is a bunch of crap, one post above someone said that the difference between his diet and a normal bodybuilding diet is the emphasis on micronutrient and easily digestible foods. That's nothing new or revolutionary though, so why are we giving this a special name lol? We all know we should be aiming to eat foods that are easily digestible and experiment with different foods because what works for x person might not work for y person. You hear bodybuilders all the time talking about they eat white short grain rice compared to brown rice because of digestibility for example, or they eat cream of rice, or eat "x" source of protein for the same reason. Same thing with the nutrients, we all learn as kids to eat a variety of foods to get different vitamins and minerals and that too much of anything is bad. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see what the hype or gimmick is all about, or what the need to give this a name like it's something revolutionary and new?

It’s not revolutionary or new. He just put a name on a way of eating that has been working for him for over 20 years after making some mistakes. We all know to eat certain foods but I don’t remember anyone placing an emphasis on potassium, iodine, choline, selenium, calcium etc.

January to March this year I followed the Gironda "Steak and Eggs" diet while recomping from a long layoff after surgery. In March when everything shut down I had to quit because I couldn't get enough meat. I switched to a "Vertical Diet" based plan and continued doing everything else the same. I'm still losing fat without consciously trying. Biggest thing is adding iodine salt since I didn't have a good source otherwise. In blood work my Thyroid is great even though my other hormones are all screwed up.

January to March this year I followed the Gironda "Steak and Eggs" diet while recomping from a long layoff after surgery. In March when everything shut down I had to quit because I couldn't get enough meat. I switched to a "Vertical Diet" based plan and continued doing everything else the same. I'm still losing fat without consciously trying. Biggest thing is adding iodine salt since I didn't have a good source otherwise. In blood work my Thyroid is great even though my other hormones are all screwed up.

Steak and eggs (plus cottage cheese and a little fruit) is my goto when I wanna tighten up and lose water and fat fast. The fats and red meat keep me feeling full even if kinda depleted. The Vertical Diet has some similarities, just lower fat, added rice and a few other things. Seems a logical progression to me... Can't go wrong.

I by no means want to come off bitter or jealous, but I think this whole vertical diet stuff is a bunch of crap, one post above someone said that the difference between his diet and a normal bodybuilding diet is the emphasis on micronutrient and easily digestible foods. That's nothing new or revolutionary though, so why are we giving this a special name lol? We all know we should be aiming to eat foods that are easily digestible and experiment with different foods because what works for x person might not work for y person. You hear bodybuilders all the time talking about they eat white short grain rice compared to brown rice because of digestibility for example, or they eat cream of rice, or eat "x" source of protein for the same reason. Same thing with the nutrients, we all learn as kids to eat a variety of foods to get different vitamins and minerals and that too much of anything is bad. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see what the hype or gimmick is all about, or what the need to give this a name like it's something revolutionary and new?

The diets fine, at best, it's very blase in a world of dad diets. The issue however is he constantly tries to act like he's very healthy and the epitomy of health, buddy let's see those bloods

The diets fine, at best, it's very blase in a world of dad diets. The issue however is he constantly tries to act like he's very healthy and the epitomy of health, buddy let's see those bloods

Not just bloods but just how his organs are in general. We can look at Meadows as well, preaches health and I think he's a fantastic guy but he recently had a heart attack and his lifespan will likely be cut short decades. I'd be shocked if Stan was particularly healthy at his size and given his history but I'd be glad to see him prove us wrong.

The diet is good but I really don't think it's that unique. A lot of marketing, which again is great for him...more power to him.

Not just bloods but just how his organs are in general. We can look at Meadows as well, preaches health and I think he's a fantastic guy but he recently had a heart attack and his lifespan will likely be cut short decades. I'd be shocked if Stan was particularly healthy at his size and given his history but I'd be glad to see him prove us wrong.

The diet is good but I really don't think it's that unique. A lot of marketing, which again is great for him...more power to him.

John's issue had nothing dietary related; no sig atherosclerotic plaque in his case

Just a clot thrown due to genetic reasons. Both his parents had heart attacks at a very young age

Stan has talked extensively about blood work. He has said he’s had blood work done hundreds of times to see how different foods and drugs effect him. He mentioned poor results from dirty bulks, running oral steroids etc when he was competing and talked about how competing isn’t healthy. He has said his blood work is good now but if your looking for specific results, I have not seen him post that. He also has his clients get blood work done regularly.

For me, it’s an easy and sustainable way to eat. I perform better and feel better than I did eating chicken, broccoli, egg whites, oatmeal etc

John's issue had nothing dietary related; no sig atherosclerotic plaque in his case

Just a clot thrown due to genetic reasons. Both his parents had heart attacks at a very young age

I understand that but 1.) He did have some plaque build up in a major artery and 2.) Do we really believe there was NO increased risk from being 50lb over ideal weight for his height and years and years of AAS use? He may very well have not had the clot.

Like Maldorf, yes he had a genetic condition he was unaware of but it's likely he wouldn't have had the heart attack if he wasn't much heavier than what was natural, with years of AAS use.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws