over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stan Efferding's Vertical Diet

Another way to view "excess" protein is it is the best macro nutrient to over eat in regards to thermodynamics, cal vs cal, digestibility, fat content, ect.

Do you need 400g protein to get huge? Most likely not. But, when your balls deep in prep not eating shit but protein and veggies there arent many options.

Performance wise obviously you'd have way higher carbs and carbs are protein sparing so your total protein intake would be down.

Use/consumption is all going to come down to the point in what you're goal is. Competition, power lifting, performance, ect.

The best macro to "over eat" is 100% protein.

Exactly why I always keep protein a bit higher...even trying to grow but stay relatively lean it will help eating more protein as far as hunger goes, and its going to take a lot of it to actually result in fat gain.

While I am a big fan of the Stan, vertical dieting does not make sense to me, atleast not in the exact way Stan describes it. I may be ignorant on the subject.

While I agree that certain foods digest easier, I think limiting yourself to only a few foods within that food group doesn't make sense.

My thoughts are that your digestion is largely controlled by stomach acid and digestive enzymes. Does the body use different enzymes to digest chicken rather than steak? No, it uses Peptin in the stomach and tryptin in the intestine.

So i think we all know if we exclude a particular macronutrient for a while, we have trouble digesting it for a while once we add it back in. But sub dividing that macronutrient into particular foods doesn't make sense. A sweet potato uses the same enzymes to dissolve as a regular potato, or a starchy muffin.

If we go on this train of thought, we can train our bodies to digest larger volumes of macronutrients with greater degrees of efficiency, but still include a larger variety of foods. Although it does make sense to focus on foods that are non-inflammatory.

What's the idea behind OJ? I love OJ but it gives me worse acid reflux.

I wonder what Stan's views on developing food allergies are to foods we eat repeatedly a lot.

Dr Serrano recommends rotating out certain foods to keep that from happening.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I got this from Instagram, it explains the basics of his diet very well.

Stan Efferding's Vertical Diet 🤤
-
🏋🏻@stanefferding has been deemed "The World's Strongest Bodybuilder." He has worked with countless individuals, bikini competitors, strongman competitors, and various other athletes.
-
✅Although he uses different diets with each athlete (depending on their individual needs) he has been made famous for his "Vertical Diet."
-
‼️On the horizontal axis, he places foods that are rich in micronutrients. Sweet potatoes, oranges, pure cranberry juice (iodine to stimulate the thyroid), whole eggs (Vitamin K2, Choline, Biotin), chicken stock (gut health), carrots, whole fat Fage Greek yogurt (calcium and probiotics), pink Himalayan salt, cooked spinach (Vitamin K1, Folate, magnesium), and bell peppers. All of these serve a very specific purpose- to aid in digestion, micronutrients, or organ function.
-
🍖Then comes what most people see in the diet, steak (red meat) and rice. This makes up the vertical portion of the diet- the macronutrients.
-
🍚These are also chosen for very specific reasons. Steak and other red meat are extremely rich in B vitamins, creatine, heme iron, and plenty of protein. White rice is chosen not because it is particularly nutrient dense, but because it shuttles carbohydrates and it is easy to digest.
-
👍🏼The purpose of this diet is typically to gain mass in a healthy manner, covering micronutrients as well as possessing the ability to eat plenty of calories with little to no digestion problems.
-
🤷🏻‍♂️Stan provides great content on all platforms going into much more detail about sleep, cardio, salt, etc. For more information check out @stanefferding website and on YouTube. You will no doubt learn a lot!

I wonder what Stan's views on developing food allergies are to foods we eat repeatedly a lot.

Dr Serrano recommends rotating out certain foods to keep that from happening.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Had his happen with oats and potatoes. For sure recommend rotating sources or carbs and using multiple sources of protein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Stan and I think he puts out some good no non-sense information but IMO he loses a lot of credibility when he posts stuff like this. I've never seen him do "marketing" like this so I was a little shocked as it seems out of character.

Did those changes happen in 3 week? Maybe (probably not). Did those changes happen because he followed Stan's Vertical Diet? 100% No. Even the kids comments sounded fake.

Attachments

• Stan .jpg
    Stan .jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 2,496
I like Stan and I think he puts out some good no non-sense information but IMO he loses a lot of credibility when he posts stuff like this. I've never seen him do "marketing" like this so I was a little shocked as it seems out of character.

Did those changes happen in 3 week? Maybe (probably not). Did those changes happen because he followed Stan's Vertical Diet? 100% No. Even the kids comments sounded fake.

Forgot to mention the dnp

where u getting this info ?

Stan has never talked about any sort of percentages in his diet approach. He is a advocate of clean easy digesting carbs like white rice to improve performance and driving them high in proportion to the subjects output. This does not appear to tie up with 33-33-33.

He defo advocates more carbs then fats

and he is also not a high advocate of consuming huge amounts of protein similer to the massiveness of legendary bodybuilders such as Kai greene, Nothuman, heavyhitter practices.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I googled vertical diet and came up with some info... 33 percent protein isn't a ton either

Guys, the diet is out there. He’s talked about it numerous times on podcasts, one of which is linked in this thread.

where u getting this info ?

Stan has never talked about any sort of percentages in his diet approach. He is a advocate of clean easy digesting carbs like white rice to improve performance and driving them high in proportion to the subjects output. This does not appear to tie up with 33-33-33.

He defo advocates more carbs then fats

and he is also not a high advocate of consuming huge amounts of protein similer to the massiveness of legendary bodybuilders such as Kai greene, Nothuman, heavyhitter practices.

40 grams a meal

40 grams a meal
yes i am aware of this Bruce

he said this in his latest video.

I am in total agreement with his protein recommendations.

40 gm per meal. thats what i do anyway for years.

and not taking a lof of protein. he says ita not needed.

he also threw the good old gold standard 1 gm per pound.of body wt

but all this does not make.it 33/33/33 percentage as this poster was claminng to be the case.

yes i am aware of this Bruce

he said this in his latest video.

I am in total agreement with his protein recommendations.

40 gm per meal. thats what i do anyway for years.

and not taking a lof of protein. he says ita not needed.

he also threw the good old gold standard 1 gm per pound.of body wt

but all this does not make.it 33/33/33 percentage as this poster was claminng to be the case.

3,000 x .33 = 990/4= 247.5/6 meals for me = 41.25 grams per serving... like I said not high protein

Last edited:
and I said all I did was google vertical diet, I never said it was stans diet verbatim.

MEAL 1
4 large whole eggs
1/4 cup Cream of Rice
4 oz New York steak
Shake
20 g whey protein
3 tbsp light-tasting olive oil
8 g fiber
2 cups water

MEAL 2
8 oz steak
1 cup cooked white rice with
1 large whole egg
Shake
20 g whey protein
3 tbsp lighttasting olive oil
1 cup water
(flavored with Crystal Light)

MEAL 3
8 oz chicken
1 large whole egg
Shake (made as in meal #1)

WORKOUT
Drink glutamine while training

MEAL 4
Postworkout shake
50 g whey protein isolate
3 tbsp light-tasting olive oil
2 scoops waxy maze

MEAL 5
12 oz ground beef, 95% lean
4 oz spaghetti
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce

MEAL 6
8 oz steak
1 large whole egg
Shake (made as in meal #1)

MEAL 7
1 bagel
2 tbsp peanut butter
Shake (made as in meal #2)

TOTALS

6,556 calories
436 g protein
381 g carbs
362 g fat

ive seen articles with this posted as his diet, seems pretty high protein to me. what else do you notice? those numbers are damn close to the macros I posted and his fats seem higher than carbs unlike what you had suggested.

Jeremy24, that’s not the vertical diet. That is an old diet he used while powerlifting. I have not seen him recommend a certain percentage of protein/carbs/fats for the vertical diet. I know he believes in eating as much white rice as possible per meal with his powerlifters/strongman.

Jeremy24, that’s not the vertical diet. That is an old diet he used while powerlifting. I have not seen him recommend a certain percentage of protein/carbs/fats for the vertical diet. I know he believes in eating as much white rice as possible per meal with his powerlifters/strongman.
thats exactly what i said. he does not promote any kind of percentages. Carb go up with workload/ output. of course there is a limit he talk about protein etc but not set numbers for the 3 macros.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner