over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Started a New Job

mp5navy187

Banned
So I started a new job with T-Mobile as a sales Rep. I have customer service and sales exp but im coming from Loss Preventions doing under cover work.

I had my first day yesterday all the good things the manager told me about job seemed a tad stretched. The work environment seem very stressful and now the manager is telling me I can be fired for any reason she sees fit. And they have a crazy quota that they want there sales people to hit or you run the risk of being fired...?

Im starting to question the move I made after one day lol... All I can do is try work my ass off but I dunno everyone seems like there jobs on the line if they dont makes sales...

Anyone have experince working for a mobile carrier?

Everyone already has a cellphone carrier. How many people are really going to switch? Consumer sales is a crap field imo, basing this off personal experience. Glad im in b2b sales instead.

I have a feeling they know their sales targets are unattainable. Thats just the mantality some companies like to have with their employees. Keep them
Thinking they always need to do more. Your boss sounds like a bitch. Im guessing shes unfortunate looking and needs to get laid.

My advice is just tough this job out while you find a better one. Dont stop looking.

I agree man not good talk about firing ppl on my first day u kno?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

No

I worked for Cingular before they became ATT and also for Verizon Wireless for a few years.

I'm assuming this is a corporate location? Quotas are not hard to hit, and T-Mobile is the fastest growing carrier at this point. All sales guys' butts on are the line if they don't hit numbers, but that's sales.

People switch carriers all the time and T-mo has the best deal for those looking to switch.

Managers who don't know how to lead like to use scare tactics to get people to work. The manager at the local level has no authority to fire you over performance- that's an HR thing. I don't know their specific policy, but Verizon and Sprint have a 3 strikes and your out policy aka missing 3 months quota in a row, but it is not harshly enforced because it is cheaper to keep on an under-performing employee, than to hire someone else.

I worked for Cingular before they became ATT and also for Verizon Wireless for a few years.

I'm assuming this is a corporate location? Quotas are not hard to hit, and T-Mobile is the fastest growing carrier at this point. All sales guys' butts on are the line if they don't hit numbers, but that's sales.

People switch carriers all the time and T-mo has the best deal for those looking to switch.

Managers who don't know how to lead like to use scare tactics to get people to work. The manager at the local level has no authority to fire you over performance- that's an HR thing. I don't know their specific policy, but Verizon and Sprint have a 3 strikes and your out policy aka missing 3 months quota in a row, but it is not harshly enforced because it is cheaper to keep on an under-performing employee, than to hire someone else.
Good read man yes it's corporate I'll do my thing see and what happens I have the tech experience and sales

Job

I cannot stand people that threaten your job. I am sure you need the job but if it was me I tell her to fuck off!

I just thought about how much it sucks for people to tell you that they might fire you if you mess up when youre a decent employee. It's stupid. I thought about it and the two ladies who once did that to me have both been fired themselves. Haha.

A manager should help their employees achieve a goal rather than scare them into it.

That's what I'm saying lol Fuck she sold the job to Me in the interview but now everything changed I'm whatever I'm trying to get into corrections or Law

I feel for you

So I started a new job with T-Mobile as a sales Rep. I have customer service and sales expr but I’m coming from Loss Preventions doing undercover work.

I had my first day yesterday all the good things the manager told me about job seemed a tad stretched. The work environment seems very stressful and now the manager is telling me I can be fired for any reason she sees fit. And they have a crazy quota that they want their sales people to hit or you run the risk of being fired...?

I’m starting to question the move I made after one day lol... All I can do is try work my ass off but I dunno everyone seems like their jobs on the line if they don’t makes sales...

Anyone have experience working for a mobile carrier?

I feel for you.

I just finished shooting the stills for a TV show (ABC- Disney) that films the interview process for a select
few. And these companies literally the biggest start-up companies names in world so I have had a chance
to see ‘behind the scenes’ and not mentioning names, they promise you the world while in my opinion,
delivering very little money and a ton of sales pressure. Not a good combo.

Free food, a ‘party’ atmosphere and a so called ‘healthy’ work environment does nothing if you are not
happy and meeting sales quotas.

I wish you all the best. PM me if you want to know more . . . but don’t know if it will change anything . . .
a matter of to little too late.

Funny how its almost always the female bosses that do that shit.

With Tmobile though, the targets are easy to hit as they are just crushing it right now. I have a friend thats a team leader and she says its like shooting fish in a barrel... They do make you try and push some phones harder than others, like get a certain number of those phones sold (etc iphone 6s). I think thats where it gets uncomfortable.

I hate sales.

PS.
You can always try and bag your boss lady then get her down the road on the sexual harrassment tip. Get your payout and retire :star-:ars

Last edited:
Funny how its almost always the female bosses that do that shit.

With Tmobile though, the targets are easy to hit as they are just crushing it right now. I have a friend thats a team leader and she says its like shooting fish in a barrel... They do make you try and push some phones harder than others, like get a certain number of those phones sold (etc iphone 6s). I think thats where it gets uncomfortable.

I hate sales.

PS.
You can always try and bag your boss lady then get her down the road on the sexual harrassment tip. Get your payout and retire :star-:ars
Ya I'm on lunch right now... I'm just shadowing this Manager who has zero fucks given attitude...

California at will employment sucks... And they do push certain products on you to sell.... No stress it's closer commute to my house only 10 miles round trip.

Also sucks being the white guy in a Mexican ran store though my store manager is white.... I feel I'm the minority

For the most part kick back environment in a slow store with unrealistic goals

**broken link removed**

And 85% of the customers speck Spanish FML

I guess I can take into consider its a part time job so im only working 32 hours a week...

Its hard to make a damn sale when Paco Taco is speaking to me in spanish and Im like wtf did you call me lol?

Recent studies show employees would rather have a new boss than more vacation time. That alone should say how poor middle management in America is.

ALL sales jobs are like what you describe. I did plenty of them. Even when I was the best one, they were still pressuring me to do more. This is typical sales. I had a manager who said the same shit to me too. I was so good, I broke record sales for the region. He ended up getting fired, not me. That is how you get even, by being better then anyone and they will want to keep you. This is sales Bud, if you can't handle that, you are in the wrong industry. I thrived on being the best.

Don't ever go in business for yourself, the pressure gets worse. :cool:

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear