over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Started a New Job

ALL sales jobs are like what you describe. I did plenty of them. Even when I was the best one, they were still pressuring me to do more. This is typical sales. I had a manager who said the same shit to me too. I was so good, I broke record sales for the region. He ended up getting fired, not me. That is how you get even, by being better then anyone and they will want to keep you. This is sales Bud, if you can't handle that, you are in the wrong industry. I thrived on being the best.

Don't ever go in business for yourself, the pressure gets worse. :cool:

Exactly. Not trying to be a dick here. But I was a Major Account Manager and then a supervisor for an Account Management team at Verizon Wireless (b2b)

Sales is all about selling and keeping the pressure on you, it's not about what great sales you did yesterday, it's about what new sales you bring in today and what sales you have planned for tomorrow.

I had a company sign a decent size contract, well and dandy, but my Regional Director said "That's great work, so what is the next contract you're working on for even more lines for a bigger company?"

If you can't handle the pressure of sales, you may want to go into another field. Sales, IMO, is like medicine, it's not cut out for everyone.

This isn't an attack against you and hope you don't take it that way, but I have seen plenty of people go into sales fields and expecting the sales to be easy and come to them, it's not how it works. You need to bust ass and think outside the box, don't aim for those goals, aim higher than them, you can be a great salesman without having to be a pushy dickhead, but at the same time, you need to know how to work the conversation to get those accessories sold as that will be your bread and butter, all the add-ons.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Also, as I was fixing breakfast I was thinking more about your situation.

Stop thinking about it being T-Mobile's company, you're working for commission, every customer that you get, is for YOUR company for YOUR business. Think about you being more of a freelance salesman then an employee, I always pictured myself working for myself even when I worked for other companies. The company is just the building I walk in to, in order to make my sales quota that I set for myself, it's how I eat and pay my bills and take care of my family

I know you're working consumer lines, but, I'm going to mention this, for corp accts, they have corp liable (the company owns the phone and is responsible for paying the bill) and employee liable (this is my phone, but since I work for ABC Company, I get __% off every month)

When you're speaking with customers, ask them who they work for, look up the name of the business and see if there is a contract with that company, if that company has a corp and employee liable account (generally corp accounts get a higher % off the monthly bill, say something like 15%, and the employee liable will get maybe 8-10% off, it all depends on the size of the corp contract for % discounts)

I'm saying this because if you set me up with a new phone, and you save me 10% by adding the employee liable discount code to my acct from ABC Company I work for, I am going to think you're my new hero and you actually care about my business without seeing just the commission, and if I am saving money, that's when you also add in the additional add ons, chargers, cases, bluetooth ect ect. (Try to add the add-ons no matter if there is an employee acct or not though. always try the add ons, they're a must)

Just my thought.

Last edited:
Also, as I was fixing breakfast I was thinking more about your situation.

Stop thinking about it being T-Mobile's company, you're working for commission, every customer that you get, is for YOUR company for YOUR business. Think about you being more of a freelance salesman then an employee, I always pictured myself working for myself even when I worked for other companies. The company is just the building I walk in to, in order to make my sales quota that I set for myself, it's how I eat and pay my bills and take care of my family

I know you're working consumer lines, but, I'm going to mention this, for corp accts, they have corp liable (the company owns the phone and is responsible for paying the bill) and employee liable (this is my phone, but since I work for ABC Company, I get __% off every month)

When you're speaking with customers, ask them who they work for, look up the name of the business and see if there is a contract with that company, if that company has a corp and employee liable account (generally corp accounts get a higher % off the monthly bill, say something like 15%, and the employee liable will get maybe 8-10% off, it all depends on the size of the corp contract for % discounts)

I'm saying this because if you set me up with a new phone, and you save me 10% by adding the employee liable discount code to my acct from ABC Company I work for, I am going to think you're my new hero and you actually care about my business without seeing just the commission, and if I am saving money, that's when you also add in the additional add ons, chargers, cases, bluetooth ect ect. (Try to add the add-ons no matter if there is an employee acct or not though. always try the add ons, they're a must)

Just my thought.
I agree with everything you said and I kno my product and this kinda stuff runs in my family I'm not trying to make it my career just experience to see where I stand.

My beef is its only my 2nd day lol I'm still in training don't talk about the negative of the job if your my manager talk about the positives I don't like that scare tactic b.s. I kno what I need to do to get my job done.

I'll do good in this job just let me development my own style lol...

Also the store manager like me a lot so I'm sure she will have her staff train me the right way...

It's team commission also so the pressure is there or else your teammates will look at you differently if can't carry your own weight. Day by day in learning so with my skill set and experience in sure I'll pick it up rather quick.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
JWBH and Pesty nailed it.

Look at it this way too, that is literally a crucible that you can forge yourself into a killer. You can succeed there and win bro you are ready to move onto the next sales job selling bigger and better things.

fuck being an employee... own the call center!! work there a month or two and find out all the technical details of how the business operates... then start contacting Tmobile or whoever you are working for and ask them how to go about being a satellite office...phones, sales, customer service, it doesn't really matter, call centers are a # and % game.... get a little loan and boom... rent office, buy some used cubicles and phone systems, etc etc... setting up telemarketing/call center office is easy of u have a legit product and the right support... hell, my buddy just set one up a few months ago... people call in to set up moving company and he gets %... has like 4-5 employees in small office right now... probably will have 10 in another 6 months...

think.... BIGGERRRR :star-:ars

Last edited:

Not to rain on the parade, but Tmo did away with corp discounts on all new plans as of last year. It also appears he works at metro and metro =/ Tmo. Metro never offered corp discounts.
Metro targets low income buyers - that is why the 85% of the customers speak Spanish, but their money spends just as well as anyone else if you can communicate with them. :)

Not to rain on the parade, but Tmo did away with corp discounts on all new plans as of last year. It also appears he works at metro and metro =/ Tmo. Metro never offered corp discounts.
Metro targets low income buyers - that is why the 85% of the customers speak Spanish, but their money spends just as well as anyone else if you can communicate with them. :)

Ya ill just speak english to them im sure speak some english and im sure ill figure out there needs...

oooooo I didn't know that about T-Mobile. Our main competitor was AT&T and sprint started to pick up some steam for a bit, but even when I lost lines to sprint, I got them back along with more lines after a couple of months. It's been a few years since I worked in the mobile industry so I'm sure a lot of other things are changing up as well.

I'm not close with my dad but he has made sales his career if there one good trait in my dad which is rare he a hustler and been in the mobile industry since the early 90's my older brother whom I'm sorta close with is manager at Verizon and he hates his job he good at it and works in a middle class city in California (Pasadena) downtown...

I work in a lower income area (pomona ca) more so Chino hills. I left my other job after 2 years so will see how this plays out it's what I wanted to do for now switch it up...

I'm glad I posted here everyone is effin knowledgeable... This job is something to hold me over once I get into the sheriff academy I have to reapply in FEB

fuck being an employee... own the call center!! work there a month or two and find out all the technical details of how the business operates... then start contacting Tmobile or whoever you are working for and ask them how to go about being a satellite office...phones, sales, customer service, it doesn't really matter, call centers are a # and % game.... get a little loan and boom... rent office, buy some used cubicles and phone systems, etc etc... setting up telemarketing/call center office is easy of u have a legit product and the right support... hell, my buddy just set one up a few months ago... people call in to set up moving company and he gets %... has like 4-5 employees in small office right now... probably will have 10 in another 6 months...

think.... BIGGERRRR :star-:ars

lol soooooo many shady places like that in fl! omg!

many life times ago when I was in the normal world I used to have offices and do sales.

to the OP THAT is sales! lol

you dont sell you dont make money!

you have to earn your keep, that is the job.

I kinda frown on shady sales organizations, I have tons of experience with them lol.

making money is nice but not in less then moral ways.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws