advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Started my first test e cycle but now thinking my BF is too high.

What is your training like?

This is something I'm curious to see.

The amount of "years" you've trained matters only when it's assumed that training intensity is absolute and diet is on point.

Do you train to failure? Have you learned exercises that you respond well to? Have you made exponential prougress strength wise (almost everybody should within the first few years). What's your diet like? Do you track calories? Macros?

I don't think you need 3750 calories to maintain that physique. You might be overestimating how much you eat.

Don't even touch steroids until all these things are checked off.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Here is my current routine and a link to the last one I was on. I am really a Nazi when it comes to calories if I don't know how many are in it I try not to eat it.

Day 1- Legs
Barbell squat
5x5
Leg press
5X6-12
Stationary lunges
3X8 each leg
Lying leg curl
4X12 reps

Day 2- Chest
Barbell Flat bench press
5x5
Incline DB Press
4x6-12 reps
Incline DB Fly
4x6-12
Flat push up
100 push-ups in as little sets of possible (5 to 7 sets)

Back-
Barbell deadlift
5x5
T bar rows heavy
4x6-10
Wide grip pull-ups or assisted
4x failure
Seated cable row
4x6-12 reps
Hyperextensions
3x15

Shoulders-
Seated DB shoulder press
4x6-8
Cable side lateral raise behind the back
3x10-12 each side
DB alt front raise
3x10-12
Reverse pec dec
5x10-12
Side lateral raises standing with DB
7X10-12 reps 30 sec rest

Arms-
Close Grip bench press
4x6-8
Barbell curl
4x6-8
Skull crushers
4x8-12
Incline DB curl
4X8-12
Tricep rope Pushdowns
4x10-12
Preacher curl machine
4X10-12

5X5 sets rest 2 to 3 minutes to get full recovery
All other sets rest 60-90 seconds
If feeling good throw in additional dropsets at the end of the last set on each movement

Here's my last routine I was on the 5 day split.
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172565211

Lower your volume.

Learn to train to failure, and logbook your workouts.

Honestly; hire a reputable coach that can help you devise a proper training and nutrition program and do that for at least 1-2 years first.

You've made progress but there's a lot off about your program.

Lower your volume.

Learn to train to failure, and logbook your workouts.

Honestly; hire a reputable coach that can help you devise a proper training and nutrition program and do that for at least 1-2 years first.

You've made progress but there's a lot off about your program.

Was thinking of telling my current Trainer about my gear use but am still hesitant. He's 6'1 220lbs and competes, says has only been lifting for 5 years either he has really good genetics or also uses. Thinking he would have change my routine.

Diet has been 4000 calories 435c, 124f, 298p. Thinking I need to up my calories since my weight hasn't moved in a few days but I'll give it a couple more. Aslo I have been working out with a trainer 3x week to make sure I am putting the most in during my first cycle. I have not told him what I am doing, not sure if I should.

1.What do those calories consist of??? Lemme guess... a boatload of shakes? bars?? people get so enamored with numbers... I did the same.... if you were eating 4000 calories of actual FOOD you'd be much bigger.... IMO protein shakes, weight gainers , bars are shit....eat REAL FOOD.

2. The people preaching that "go as far as you can naturally before jumping on something" shit gotta stop..... NEWSFLASH 99.9% of the people on this board used steroids before they probably should have.... so please let the kid be...

3. Consistency and preparation are key.... Work your fucking ass off.. EVERY DAY... leave it ALL in the gym....you get out what you put in.... if you're truly giving it your all you'll reap the benefits....

Once I got my nutrition dialed in 5 years ago I haven't looked back..... Whatever your goal is...... it ALL starts in the kitchen..

im already over 3 years in made some good progress at first but really slowed down and felt like i hit a brick wall seemed like i just put on fat eating a little over maintenance.
here are 2 more pics first is 2014 second is 2015 when is started lifting consistently.

46c3a5df33ce4c1caa34fb4280c089cd-610xh.jpg

b3c6743a9be046d7a312ce2340c12021-610xh.jpg

i mean this in the nicest way but.....
this is the problem with ppl that START training late...
just because you have years doesnt mean you are advanced.
3 years is nothing.

that 3 years should have been in your early teens gear free until mid (early realistically ) 20s...

you are tall so you have a lot of space to fill up, you need to gain major weight... that is something that can come with health conisquences.

i think breading is about the worst thing anyone can do and personally a big fan of small balls and no condoms, totally agree with that decision! lol

you have not figured out how to train or grow on your own, you THINK you hit a wall and jump to gear. the reality is you need to learn to eat, train adn recover. not what you wana hear but... lol

gear can make up for some mistakes, but you wont get any kind of real progress until address the other stuff.

1.What do those calories consist of??? Lemme guess... a boatload of shakes? bars?? people get so enamored with numbers... I did the same.... if you were eating 4000 calories of actual FOOD you'd be much bigger.... IMO protein shakes, weight gainers , bars are shit....eat REAL FOOD.

2. The people preaching that "go as far as you can naturally before jumping on something" shit gotta stop..... NEWSFLASH 99.9% of the people on this board used steroids before they probably should have.... so please let the kid be...

3. Consistency and preparation are key.... Work your fucking ass off.. EVERY DAY... leave it ALL in the gym....you get out what you put in.... if you're truly giving it your all you'll reap the benefits....

Once I got my nutrition dialed in 5 years ago I haven't looked back..... Whatever your goal is...... it ALL starts in the kitchen..

Not going to lie about 1200 of those calories are shakes. It's still hard for me to get it all in thought about making a shake with some whey, milk, pb, and eggs if that's any better.

Not going to lie about 1200 of those calories are shakes.

I already knew it... No point in lying as you'd be only hurting yourself...... plus if you said it was all food id know you were full of shit....yes bro... putting away lots of calories isn't easy (at least clean calories which I suggest most of it be) but you will adapt.... the body is an amazing machine... you'll see it gets easier and easier...... trust me.... focus on your nutrition

im already over 3 years in made some good progress at first but really slowed down and felt like i hit a brick wall seemed like i just put on fat eating a little over maintenance.
here are 2 more pics first is 2014 second is 2015 when is started lifting consistently.

46c3a5df33ce4c1caa34fb4280c089cd-610xh.jpg

b3c6743a9be046d7a312ce2340c12021-610xh.jpg

Learn how train and eat, don`t go on any cycle, you will regret later in your life.

i mean this in the nicest way but.....
this is the problem with ppl that START training late...
just because you have years doesnt mean you are advanced.
3 years is nothing.

that 3 years should have been in your early teens gear free until mid (early realistically ) 20s...

you are tall so you have a lot of space to fill up, you need to gain major weight... that is something that can come with health conisquences.

i think breading is about the worst thing anyone can do and personally a big fan of small balls and no condoms, totally agree with that decision! lol

you have not figured out how to train or grow on your own, you THINK you hit a wall and jump to gear. the reality is you need to learn to eat, train adn recover. not what you wana hear but... lol

gear can make up for some mistakes, but you wont get any kind of real progress until address the other stuff.

Thank you, he is gating the wrong suggestions, the last think he has to worry about is hormones.

Not going to lie about 1200 of those calories are shakes. It's still hard for me to get it all in thought about making a shake with some whey, milk, pb, and eggs if that's any better.

Don't fall into the weight gainer drink spiral....it ruins your appetite for nutritionally dense quality food. My advice is to purchase the e-book in the link below to get you on track. I think it is $20. You can use for adding calories or reducing.

Adjusting Meal Plans Made Simple

https://mountaindogdiet.com/products/eb1-adjusting-meal-plans-made-easy/

Just for reference here's a pic back in November before I started my cycle.

b0b87c3b58f54fdd9ccc9dca98c73902-610xh.jpg

Last edited:
Lower your volume.
I agree with this. You're 12 additional sets for your back AFTER deads!

I would suggest greater frequency too. Keep 1-2 core lifts per body part; combine into more body parts per workout (Upper/lower, or Push/Pull/Squat) but hit each body part 2X per week.

Look into Steve Shaw’s workout programs and principles. On the web and YouTube. Will serve someone at your level greatly imo. No nonsense power building routines.

Look into Steve Shaw’s workout programs and principles. On the web and YouTube. Will serve someone at your level greatly imo. No nonsense power building routines.

thanks i will look into that. honestly for my size i think me strength is pretty good not sure if that means anything.

bench 205x2 (could use some work)
squat 305x5
DL 405x1

Just for reference here's a pic back in November before I started my cycle.

b0b87c3b58f54fdd9ccc9dca98c73902-610xh.jpg

You can just do push up every day for 3 month with out lifting any weights and you will have better chest development than you have it now after 3 years of training.

thanks i will look into that. honestly for my size i think me strength is pretty good not sure if that means anything.

bench 205x2 (could use some work)

squat 305x5

DL 405x1

Think about that answer and what you are trying to achieve...

My point is based on what I look like would you think I can lift that much?

your training weights say barely anything at all.
Form, Feeling, Time under tension and so on are much more important.
INTENSITY has nothing to do with the weight. It is how intense your muscle work in each set. you can kill your muscles with low weights, slow movement, peek contraction and so on.
you need quality food, quality training and quality rest to grow. You can train every day of the week if your sleep and lifestyle allow for good recovery.
Lower Volume, make it a 3-day split and do that twice a week. one session high intensity lower volume, the other session higher volume and more pump work.
EAT QUALITY FOOD AND SLEEP and i bet you will grow without the test.
You have to live the bodybuilding lifestyle to grow.. everyone can go to the gym 2 hours a day, if the rest of your day does not fit to lifestyle you wont grow... Learn to eat.. learn to make your healthy food tasty with different spices..
and my last addon:
3 years of half assed "bodybuilding" (consists of training, diet and rest) is nothing.. and it had to be half-assed bodybuilding according to how you look (no offense!!)

Last edited:
here is my previous routine ran it for a few months until the my pt recommended trying his. thinking this is a little better since it hits almost everything 2x a week.

Upper Day
Bench Press - 4 sets - 32 reps
Barbell Row - 4 sets - 32 reps
Military Press - 3 sets - 25 reps
Wide-grip Pulldowns or Pullups - 3 sets - 30 reps
Barbell Curl/Skullcrushers - 3 supersets - 30 reps each
Straight-arm Pulldowns/Facepulls - 3 supersets - 40 reps each

Lower Day
Back Squat - 4 sets - 32 reps
Deadlift - 2 sets - 12 reps
or
Romanian DL - 3 sets - 30 reps