over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Starting out, need advice

Cy

Newbies
My name is Cy.
23 years old
6'1''
226.2 pounds after I wake up and piss and in boxers
Training most of my life mostly for MMA.
After high school went into the US ARMY and went from 160 to 218 pounds

I want to start bodybuilding.
Here are some pics. I really don't know how to evaluate myself so fire away. I know my legs are small. I have always squatted deep and max at around 405 but my reps are usually 2-5 which has made me stronger but not added much mass to them.

My diet will be around 5,000 cal and 350 grams protein. I don't have an issue with discipline and eating. I have a strong work ethic and I am passionate about this sport. I am just looking for a little guidance because I get conflicting advice constantly at my gym.

Training naturally right now. Very limited supplement experience. Would like to start test only @ 350 mg per week, maybe 500?

Training will be Big A's recommendation in his beginner thread

Mon - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
* Incline press - warm-up sets, 1 work set
* Flat flyes - 1 work set
* Millitary press - 1 warm-up, 1 work set
* Lateral flyes - 1 work set
* Rear delt machine - 1 work set
* Tricep pushdowns - 1 warm-up, 1 work set
* Lying tricep extensions - 1 work-set

Wed - Quads, Hams, Calves
* Squats - warm-ups, 1 work set
* Leg press - work set
* Leg extension - work set
* Leg curl - warm-up, work set
* Stiff leg deadlift - work set
* Standing calf raise - work set

Fri - Abs, Back, Bis
* Rope crunches - warm up, work set
* Lat pull down - warm-ups, work set
* Deadlift - warm-up, work set
* Bent-over rows - work set
* Shrugs - work set
* Standing BB curls - warm up, work set
* Concentration curl - work set

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

My name is Cy.
23 years old
6'1''
226.2 pounds after I wake up and piss and in boxers
Training most of my life mostly for MMA.
After high school went into the US ARMY and went from 160 to 218 pounds

I want to start bodybuilding.
Here are some pics. I really don't know how to evaluate myself so fire away. I know my legs are small. I have always squatted deep and max at around 405 but my reps are usually 2-5 which has made me stronger but not added much mass to them.

My diet will be around 5,000 cal and 350 grams protein. I don't have an issue with discipline and eating. I have a strong work ethic and I am passionate about this sport. I am just looking for a little guidance because I get conflicting advice constantly at my gym.

Training naturally right now. Very limited supplement experience. Would like to start test only @ 350 mg per week, maybe 500?

Training will be Big A's recommendation in his beginner thread

Mon - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
* Incline press - warm-up sets, 1 work set
* Flat flyes - 1 work set
* Millitary press - 1 warm-up, 1 work set
* Lateral flyes - 1 work set
* Rear delt machine - 1 work set
* Tricep pushdowns - 1 warm-up, 1 work set
* Lying tricep extensions - 1 work-set

Wed - Quads, Hams, Calves
* Squats - warm-ups, 1 work set
* Leg press - work set
* Leg extension - work set
* Leg curl - warm-up, work set
* Stiff leg deadlift - work set
* Standing calf raise - work set

Fri - Abs, Back, Bis
* Rope crunches - warm up, work set
* Lat pull down - warm-ups, work set
* Deadlift - warm-up, work set
* Bent-over rows - work set
* Shrugs - work set
* Standing BB curls - warm up, work set
* Concentration curl - work set

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Your off to a good start! Your condition is pretty good actually and you have a good physique to work with. You have a lot of discipline so apply that to your training.. You know your weaknesses so try to work to make them your strengths..

I would monitor yourself by taking pictures every few weeks to make sure things are coming along. Set some short term and long term goals and be diligent.. Being your in the military you probably are regimented... Make each workout count! show us some progress after you put a little more time in.. Thanks for coming aboard..

Here's the deal man..there are a few ways you can go about this...continue with trying to find out what works for you by trial and error or make it simple and invest in Alex A. That is if you want to be your best. He takes all the guess work out of it. I was like you a year ago, self-prepping for my first show going off advice from others...total bullshit...the best thing I ever did was hired Alex for my prep...stripped 50lbs for bullshit fat off my frame. Still working with Alex for my off-season and will hire again for future preps...this guy is the shit.

x2
I went with Alex for my 1st contest prep and won 4 1st place awards!!!
Working with him for off seasin, can't wait for next year contest!!! BIGGERand BETTER and RIPPED!!!

Cy, first welcome to the board, you should commend yourself for going from 160 to 216 and to still stay on the lean side. You have a very good package to work with and continue to grow. You are on the tall side so there is a lot more growing you can do to fill yourself out.

As was said if you are looking at competing then I woul definitely hire Alex to help you fulfill your goals and dreams, instead of listening to 100 people trying to give you advise which will only confuse you such as what is happening at your gym.

Cy, first welcome to the board, you should commend yourself for going from 160 to 216 and to still stay on the lean side. You have a very good package to work with and continue to grow. You are on the tall side so there is a lot more growing you can do to fill yourself out.

As was said if you are looking at competing then I woul definitely hire Alex to help you fulfill your goals and dreams, instead of listening to 100 people trying to give you advise which will only confuse you such as what is happening at your gym.

Thank you for the kind words. I was very active in the military so staying lean was easy. I ate 3 solid meals a day at chow hall and fast food twice a day. When I was deployed I would lose weight but over those years I grew a lot. I had a buddy from the south in my unit that played D-1 ball and he showed me to eat and train. He always harped on me about eating whole foods and not wasting my money on supps. Dude was a monster.

I think I may do the Contra Costa next year here in Cali. I want to take some time to put weight on and bring my legs up. I am shooting for 235 under 10% bf and I want to add a few inches to my lower half. At my height I may need to be closer to 240 or 245 but lets see what happens. I gain about ten pounds a year so 235 is very realistic. I don't want to be one of those guys who shows up knowing I will lose. If I am going to do a show I want to win or at least present a package I am proud of.

My advice

Thank you for the kind words. I was very active in the military so staying lean was easy. I ate 3 solid meals a day at chow hall and fast food twice a day. When I was deployed I would lose weight but over those years I grew a lot. I had a buddy from the south in my unit that played D-1 ball and he showed me to eat and train. He always harped on me about eating whole foods and not wasting my money on supps. Dude was a monster.

I think I may do the Contra Costa next year here in Cali. I want to take some time to put weight on and bring my legs up. I am shooting for 235 under 10% bf and I want to add a few inches to my lower half. At my height I may need to be closer to 240 or 245 but lets see what happens. I gain about ten pounds a year so 235 is very realistic. I don't want to be one of those guys who shows up knowing I will lose. If I am going to do a show I want to win or at least present a package I am proud of.

GO for it........you have great potential, but NEVER TAKE ADVICE FROM A BANNED MEMBER.............Just my 2 cents

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131