over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Starting/stopping aspirin in people with no pre existing heart condition

DK0223

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
There was a good discussion going on in emerics Q&A thread about this, but to not get his thread off track I decided to start a thread about the topic. So my question is, in people who are otherwise healthy and have no heart issues, is there any harm in starting and stopping aspirin?

It's been well documented that in people WITH heart/clotting issues that this can increase the risk for heart attack and other cardiac issues. On the flip side I haven't read much about people just taking it for preventative measures, and if that would cause any problems for those people if they started and then stopped aspirin several times or even only once. Do discuss :)

You have already been told to do it or not do it. Pick one and go with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

blackstang1288;h1774559 said:
There was a good discussion going on in emerics Q&A thread about this, but to not
get his thread off track I decided to start a thread about the yutopic. So my question is, in peopley who are otherwise healthy and have no heart issues, is there any harm in starting and stopping aspirin?

It's been well documented that in people WITH heart/clotting issues that this can increase the risk for heart attack and other cardiac issues. On the flip side I haven't read much about people just taking it for tpreventative measures, and if that would cause any problems for those people if they started and then stopped aspirin several times or even only once. Do discuss :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take one every day on or off cycle. Its not going to hurt you and a year supply is under $10.

I use tapatalk a lot to post on this forum. At times, while I'm viewing the site , I'll put the phone down in the middle of doing something and not realize I am still touching the screen. The quote above was a result of that. A moment ago I look down to find I was sending a message to big A. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... To add to the discussion, I started using baby aspirin recently. As I'm learning from another post, it seems that blood-pressure is the real killer when it comes to degradation of the organs (kidneys and liver) when using AAS over extended periods, and not so much the methylation from the orals or the BA in the oils.

Phil had put this in the list of supplements for me to take, but I did not realize its importance until just recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalvvyyy

I've been taking it everyday for the past 7 years. I did have to stop for a week once before minor surgery.

As much as I didn't want to reply in this thread, as I've expressed the Possible risk associated with starting and stopping ASA (Aspirin).

Before I indulge in my opinion and the information given to me from my cardiologist (which I clearly posted the other day). Blackstang, it has become VERY EVIDENT, you cannot make a decision on your own. Period. You want someone to do this for you. You displayed this not only in Emerics thread, several others threads you have done the same. Your persistence to ask the same question repeatedly, only worded differently, multiple times. Has me shaking my head, more so with sorrow, than anger. I understand we all need guidance and direction at times, some more than others. Just so you know, I'm not trying to belittle your character, as it's not in my character to morally bash someone's intelligence. Yet you really need to work on making your own decision making skills.

Just so you know, you do not have to have a prediagnosed cardiovascular condition to throw a clot. It's the undiagnosed condition you need to be aware of. Anyone can have a embolic and thrombotic event. It's those with a pre-existing condition that are favourable to suffer thrombosis from abruptly stopping ASA. Starting and stopping ASA can increase this risk, if you are taking other substances that increase the possibility of thrombosis ie; AAS, thyroid hormones, ephedrine, SERM's ect, ect. It can take a few weeks for this to occur once you've stopped taking ASA. So you are aware, I'm not saying this will happen with everyone. The likelihood is small, yet the risk is still there.

Do you know if you have Factor V leiden mutation? I know that I don't have the gene trait for factor V leiden. I would suspect that Emeric didn't know he had the mutation present. Or anyone else in their adult life that experienced embolic or thrombotic event. Do you know what your galectin-3, Homocysteine and fibrinogen levels are? I do. Do you even know if you can metabolize aspirin effectively. I do. Some don't, as it's possible some 20-25% of the people taking aspirin have a resistance to it, and not know it.

Do you understand what the clotting cascade is? A lot of physicians have a hard time wrapping their mind around the chain of events, with the clotting cascade. I know a very little, yet I'm broadening my knowledge in this area. You should do the same.

So we're clear, I am not saying that you will throw or develope a clot if you start and stop ASA. It is evident, there's a risk. It's your choice, not some random individual on the net to make this decision for you. Unless that's how you want to live life?

Make your own decisions.

Last edited:
Stewie, you do make a point. I tend to think too much I'll admit that. No disrespect but I was asking about people without some heart condition/who haven't had a heart attack. But you answered this in your above post. Thank you for that. I was just under the impression that only those with a condition were the ones at risk, not people who are otherwise heathy.

... To add to the discussion, I started using baby aspirin recently. As I'm learning from another post, it seems that blood-pressure is the real killer when it comes to degradation of the organs (kidneys and liver) when using AAS over extended periods, and not so much the methylation from the orals or the BA in the oils.

Phil had put this in the list of supplements for me to take, but I did not realize its importance until just recently.

What does ASA have to do with blood pressure? It doesn't do anything for it. Its to help prevent clots, or at least keep one that forms to a smaller size.

If you think ASA is going to help hypertension. Think again. Otherwise my patients wouldnt have a laundry list of BP meds.

Is high bp what's killing these organs or is high bp a symptom of the organs failing? I've been wondering this for a while now...since my bp has been hovering in the 150/90 range.

Is high bp what's killing these organs or is high bp a symptom of the organs failing? I've been wondering this for a while now...since my bp has been hovering in the 150/90 range.

High blood pressure is caused mostly by genetics, stress and unhealthy lifestyle. Aging has a small role on it too...

It's safe to say that high BP causes organ failure, not the opposite.

What do you gentleman consider an acceptable blood pressure?

blood-pressure-chart.gif

you need to see a doc about that. or stop doing whatever is making it high.

My BP has been 140/90 since I was 13.. Quite a bit higher on Tren.
Baby aspirin ED unless I drink Alcohol which thins it pretty well also.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws