over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Starting Strength

There are plenty of powerlifting programs that would suit you well..it all comes down to volume and frequency.

starting strength and smolov and suchare on the low side.

shieko, bulgarian(no, just no) areextremely high volume.

another avenue I think you should consider is the super squat program. When I hit a training rut I alwaysrun super squats..but I do it for squat, bench, and seated military press..sometimes bent over rows too! It essentially turns your 5 rep max into a 20 rep max...it’s great for resetting your brain when it comes to mental toughness and grinding shit out
what I'm attempting to duplicate is a 6 day double split hitting squat or front squat, deads or cleans, bench or dips and OHP three times a week, training under 45 minutes per session and focusing on increasing power in the 3-5 rep range, so far so good and I'm enjoying the 7 minutes rest times between sets. It's like training without exercising

what I'm attempting to duplicate is a 6 day double split hitting squat or front squat, deads or cleans, bench or dips and OHP three times a week, training under 45 minutes per session and focusing on increasing power in the 3-5 rep range, so far so good and I'm enjoying the 7 minutes rest times between sets. It's like training without exercising
7 minutes!!

hell, even on my max effort days in never go over 3 minutes unless I have to run off and drop a deuce..dynamic days are less than a minute!

7 minutes!!

hell, even on my max effort days in never go over 3 minutes unless I have to run off and drop a deuce..dynamic days are less than a minute!
I'm just doing what I'm told, brotherman, and it's the first time I've ever waited this long between sets, too.

I'm coming from years on the OTS Big Beyond Belief and Serious Growth programs. Max rest on those is only 3 minutes and that always seemed like an eternity because I'd recover so quick, especially with phosphate loading and Cordyceps-M use.

With Rip's SS dealie-o, I'm barely breathing a bit over normal and never break a sweat. Yet, I'm jumping 5 lbs a lift every workout. We'll see how long this lasts.

I'm just doing what I'm told, brotherman, and it's the first time I've ever waited this long between sets, too.

I'm coming from years on the OTS Big Beyond Belief and Serious Growth programs. Max rest on those is only 3 minutes and that always seemed like an eternity because I'd recover so quick, especially with phosphate loading and Cordyceps-M use.

With Rip's SS dealie-o, I'm barely breathing a bit over normal and never break a sweat. Yet, I'm jumping 5 lbs a lift every workout. We'll see how long this lasts.
I’ve been in powerlifting gyms my whole life..and the rest period some of them take is nauseating to me...I will get cold in between sets and lose interest!

I usually just go solo and ask for a spot as needed to get rid of the rest period

I’ve been in powerlifting gyms my whole life..and the rest period some of them take is nauseating to me...I will get cold in between sets and lose interest!

I usually just go solo and ask for a spot as needed to get rid of the rest period
Apparently, there's a fine line between recovering enough to hit your target rep range and cooling off to the point that it makes the following sets feel like a cold first set. I've found, depending on the movement, 5-7 minutes is the sweet spot

Apparently, there's a fine line between recovering enough to hit your target rep range and cooling off to the point that it makes the following sets feel like a cold first set. I've found, depending on the movement, 5-7 minutes is the sweet spot
I think my absolute max time would be about 5 minutes on max effort with 3 being preferable.

if u want simple, check out the strength program college football programs use. even pros.
alot of it uses percentages of max, u go week to week, do the same things, low volume, 4 days a week.
of course they do a helleva lot more than just gym work bur if thats all u want....
i did it when i was a kid.

if u want simple, check out the strength program college football programs use. even pros.
alot of it uses percentages of max, u go week to week, do the same things, low volume, 4 days a week.
of course they do a helleva lot more than just gym work bur if thats all u want....
i did it when i was a kid.

That's basically what guys were doing when I was in high school and those kids got brutally big and strong. Athletics director was a very old school guy. That and they were told to order double for lunch lol If you couldn't afford it, he'd pay for it

They were 'highly suggested' certain supplements that were at the time legal steroids but still lol

I think my absolute max time would be about 5 minutes on max effort with 3 being preferable.
I wait long enough to be able to complete the next set in it's entirety. Rest time isn't a growth variable on the Ripper's SS program, getting all the reps of all the sets and adding 5 lbs. per exercise per session is. For the cleans today, I needed 7-8 minutes and the last rep of the last couple sets was still a bitch, and this is after using jump sets with heavy weighted dips. Intensity is the object of the game, not conditioning.

I wait long enough to be able to complete the next set in it's entirety. Rest time isn't a growth variable on the Ripper's SS program, getting all the reps of all the sets and adding 5 lbs. per exercise per session is. For the cleans today, I needed 7-8 minutes and the last rep of the last couple sets was still a bitch, and this is after using jump sets with heavy weighted dips. Intensity is the object of the game, not conditioning.
I am the complete opposite lol

I just can’t wait that long

Starting Strength was my lifting Bible for many years. Great book to learn proper form and get really strong. I still use the form I learned in the book to this day and have never experienced significant injuries in training with the exception of a dislocated shoulder from way too deep behind the neck presses that happened before I got the book. If I had a son I was trying to get into strength training I would use that book to teach him the ropes

I am the complete opposite lol

I just can’t wait that long
I know what you mean, trust, but I'm willing to make the 'sacrifice' to see what this program can do. hahaha

Starting Strength was my lifting Bible for many years. Great book to learn proper form and get really strong. I still use the form I learned in the book to this day and have never experienced significant injuries in training with the exception of a dislocated shoulder from way too deep behind the neck presses that happened before I got the book. If I had a son I was trying to get into strength training I would use that book to teach him the ropes
My only executive decisions over Rip so far is to counter his emphasis on hip drive through the squat and full contraction on the overhead press, I'm not interested in building ridiculous gluteus maximus nor destroying my rotator cuffs

Likewise on the shoulder problems from my youth, 9th grade high school weight training class, missed a racking of 115 on incline press and was left with one side of bar in catch and the other side held behind it for about 10-15 seconds until my buddy noticed and ran over to bail me out. Never lived it down and my damned right shoulder girdle ain't been right since!

Likewise on the shoulder problems from my youth, 9th grade high school weight training class, missed a racking of 115 on incline press and was left with one side of bar in catch and the other side held behind it for about 10-15 seconds until my buddy noticed and ran over to bail me out. Never lived it down and my damned right shoulder girdle ain't been right since!
That sucks! Mine got separated and bothered me a little for a decade. But now I feel no pain or any issues at all.

My only executive decisions over Rip so far is to counter his emphasis on hip drive through the squat and full contraction on the overhead press, I'm not interested in building ridiculous gluteus maximus nor destroying my rotator cuffs

I have been unable to use his hand and elbow placement on back squats for several years now. Been squatting with one of those fancy yolks recently because I lack shoulder flexibility.

I remember Starting Strength and GOMAD during high school

Looked like a water balloon my sophomore of high school, even had a little belly going

I remember Starting Strength and GOMAD during high school

Looked like a water balloon my sophomore of high school, even had a little belly going
It is definitely geared toward one goal, and that isn't having an aesthetic physique!

not by any stretch of the imagination

I'm stealing a page from the late great Bruce Lee's Tao of Jeet Kune Do philosophy here, by utilizing the best practices of effective strength training while remaining faithful to my beloved bodybuilding culture, if you will

Power Bodybuilding or whatever you wanna label it

It is definitely geared toward one goal, and that isn't having an aesthetic physique!

not by any stretch of the imagination

I'm stealing a page from the late great Bruce Lee's Tao philosophy here, by utilizing the best practices of effective strength training while simultaneously remaining faithful to my beloved bodybuilding culture, if you will

Nothing wrong with mixing things up

You get one life, so you might as well do and try everything you like. Nobody's judging the size of your calves inside the casket.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws