over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

STARVING MEMBER HERE

balplayer

Banned
as a member of the board i will say im starving for info related to bodybuilding as i just got done reading the latest soap/ oh i mean thread.

i wanted to ask randy, jethro and dp about what foods they ate for carb up and if the gycemic index of those foods really mattered concerning the time you ate it. im 1 week out and i plan in depleateing carbs tuesday through friday afternoon. uping my water on those days and tapering down to no water at all then carbing up friday night and saturday morning.
im not sure if the shitload apraoch will work as i am trying to slide into middles as i am now 184lbs. weigh in is morning of show so making that weight is of big concern. im totally depleted now and i hope that when i drop water thats gonna take off most all of the weight.

the insight of these members would be greatly taken. thanks
Josh

can you elaborate? or the members i mentioned?

Last edited:
i see that you dont feel its right phil, but i was asking for some elaboration, which i find that randy, skip, jethro and others try and do, rather than just leaving questions with open ended remarks. im all ears,

No offense Josh

but I have given you info before, spent time with you, and you ended up not listening to my advice. Why would you listen now? I answered your question, I would not do it, but try it. It doesnt make sense to me. Does it make sense to you?
This is a subject that you cant answer in a few lines, it takes time. You need to sit down with someone and take your time and learn this process, instead of asking anyone and everyone on here their opinions on this subject that many have not even attempted yet. You are smarter than this Josh., you know what it takes, you are a personal trainer yourself.

I have to admit that I am with Phil on this one.

You really should have this all figured out before now, bro. I mean, you are 1 week out and asking about things that should have been planned weeks in advance.

You MUST have water while carbing up. You simply can't fill out with all the carbs in the world without water. I have said this a million times and will continue to do so. 9 out of 10 times, when a guy comes in flat, it wasn't from lack of carbs but rather from a lack of enough WATER. That is why you drink water on saturday morning if you are flat - NOT just force down more carbs.

Whether you go with a traditional carb load, a shitload, a fat load or any variation of all of these, you better be damned sure you understand your approach and that it makes sense to you. If it doesn't make sense to you, do NOT do it.

What you should have done, in hindsight, is go with one guy for your prep and listen to HIM and only HIM. It sounds like you have hit Phil with more than a few PMs and you certainly have been hitting me with them too. I would guess that some of my approaches and techniques vary greatly from those of Phil's. You have got to make up your mind on what and how you are going to do and just stick with it and see it through.

Skip

Last edited:
phil and skip,

what im doing by asking these questions is pooling resources and knowlege and trying to make the best decision for me. yes i am a trainer and no my clients dont need the kind of info i need myself to compete in bodybuilding. so phil please forgive my ignorance in asking you questions.

last show i did totally alone. i won my class. but you see i want much more than that. this is why i ask things. is this not the point of this board?
i am a pure athlete, which goes to show you as skip points out i work best under a coaching situation, and i will do anything that coach asks if its meant for the betterment of my future. I will get a coach/nutritionist in the future when i can afford it.
thanks again for your help.
Josh

Hey Josh

Relax, my man. You'll be just fine.

So, here are the points that have been made, all of which I agree with:

-There are many approaches, all of which can work

-Not all approaches will work FOR YOU

-Because of the above, you need to do a practice run before the week of the show. At least once. At least.

-When trying to figure this out, it is good to go with 1 "guru." You can aske questions, take in info., etc., but talk about it with your guru, and your guru only, so you're not lost in a sea of seemingly and often conflicting ideas.

For a run-down of what I have done, check the thread on "water loss w/o drugs."

I know you have been carbing up on the weekends. How has this worked?... If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you look good on Mon. after a weekend carb-up, then I would just do exactly that, timing it for a Sat. show.

If you do your water as I have outlined in the thread I mention above (yes, you should have practiced this of course), I bet that on the mormning of the show, you will be in the middles. Did you try the mini-approach to this water loss protocol we talked about a couple weeks ago?...

If I were you and didn't know what to do now, I would:

1st choice: just do what worked for your last show. You looked dry and full from what I saw on the tape.

2nd Choice: If, the weekend carb-up worked well for you, do that.

Tied for 3rd choice:
-Try my approach (I'm obviously biased here)
-Try Skip's approach
-Try whatever you and Phil talked about.
-Try whatever someone else may have told you to do.

This isn't the end-all be-all show, of course. You can use this one as a prep for the AZ show.

Its all about learning, but it has to be hands on, as well. YOu can't jsut read / talk about it and find the perfect answer. You have to figure out the puzzle that is YOUR own body.

Hope this helps, man.

-Randy

balplayer said:
When trying to figure this out, it is good to go with 1 "guru." You can aske questions, take in info., etc., but talk about it with your guru, and your guru only, so you're not lost in a sea of seemingly and often conflicting ideas.

Great advice from all.

I am biased since Skip has been helping me and he has done amazing things.

I agree 100% choose one guy, pay for his services just like a person pays for the services of a personal trainer. Then follow what they tell you.

Josh

Please listen to crowler. It is very frustrating to have you running to all of these people for help after we spend precious free time with you. It makes us feel as if you dont trust our advice. How would you feel if I asked you for advice on something you were passionate about, you spent time with me for free, then you found out that I went to everyone else asking for their take on the same subject. Wouldnt you think ,"what is wrong with my advice, when I spent time going over it with him?"

Re: Hey Josh

homonunculus said:
For a run-down of what I have done, check the thread on "water loss w/o drugs."
I moved this thread into the Articles Section where it'd be easier to find.

xcel

Re: Josh

PHIL HERNON said:
Please listen to crowler. It is very frustrating to have you running to all of these people for help after we spend precious free time with you. It makes us feel as if you dont trust our advice. How would you feel if I asked you for advice on something you were passionate about, you spent time with me for free, then you found out that I went to everyone else asking for their take on the same subject. Wouldnt you think ,"what is wrong with my advice, when I spent time going over it with him?"

THAT is EXACTLY what I have been thinking but couldn't articulate it. LOL My brain is fried as I am only 2 weeks out from a show too. haha

I will also add this:

How would you feel as a paying client to see your prep guy on the boards setting everything up for free for someone else?

Skip

Re: Re: Hey Josh

xcelbeyond said:

I moved this thread into the Articles Section where it'd be easier to find.

xcel

Damn, Excel. Everytime I get on a thread you move it on me. ;)

Skip

me trying to sort out all sided of a subject and trying to decifer info is what i was aiming at ny asking questions. i do not try and come off as you dont matter nor does your advice. i did not realize this was comming off that way as i apologise that it did.

i dont have a guy in my corner thats exaclty why i did ask alot of different opinions. when the time comes for me to be fourtunate enough for that situation to happen then yes ill stay with only that persons advice. thanks guys, for trying to help, im a ass right now as im rather stressed leading up to this show. alot of factors have been involved in that.

thanks
Josh

hey I know where u are coming from, trying to figure everything out is seriously a headache. This is my approach to it, I read a ton then in the offseason I test out differnt approaches that work for me and keep detailed notes. I dont think any one can realy tell u exzactly what to do u need to figure it out for your self

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131