over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

stay home dad's

alaski

Registered
Are there any stay at home dad's here in PM, working their schedule for training and raising kids? I have two very young daughters that I am responsible for 12 hours out of the day. It's been a big challenge for 54 year old dad to care for young girls all day long but I wouldn't trade it for anything. :love:

I have a 6 month old baby. I'm trying to balance a full time job, full time schooling, and somehow fitting lifting and dieting in there somewhere. My wife works full time and our schedules clash a lot. It's really hard to do everything but I still love my son and being able to care for him.

We just sold our biz and I stay at home with 3 girls and work weekends. My gym has an awesome daycare and i got it free as part of a promotion when I signed up so finding time to train is easy.

Two gyms

We just sold our biz and I stay at home with 3 girls and work weekends. My gym has an awesome daycare and i got it free as part of a promotion when I signed up so finding time to train is easy.

It's nice when you have a gym with a kids club. I am a member of two gyms, one with hard core equipment and the other family type. The family gym is lacking some the machines that I need for my range of motion limitations, like the hammer machines. I split up my training between the two.

I'm not a stay at home dad but I have two boys at home. My wife is currently staying home. I feel her job is to raise the kids and the cooking/cleaning is still 50/50 both of us so I can't spend 2 hours at the gym after work. Even if I tried to some - thing would inevitably come up and I start missing workouts. Instead I get up at 5am and workout in the morning before anyone gets up.

When my daughter was born (2 years ago in August), I quit my job to stay home with her. I stayed home with her till she was 10mo. and I felt that she was big enough to go to daycare.

BEST 10mo. OF MY LIFE!

My mother would come by 3 days a week after school (teacher) so I could go to the gym, then I went on Sat or Sun.

I was a little tough being home all day not doing much of anything then trying to gear up to train. I'm the kind of guy who gets more energy if I'm working all day.

im a stay at home dad and i invested in a home gym. if you have the money check craigslist and start getting pieces here and there. best thing i did hate driving to the gym all the time.

How are you stay at home dads managing to breastfeed? :confused:

I'm sure the leaky nipple gyno helps lol

Oh that's funny…lol. Unfortunately I've never had any issues with gyno and will never share that bonding event that my wife glories in--my wife would be terribly jealous I'm sure.

I'm happy my girls are too old to breast feed because those boobs belong to me first. :)

Oh that's funny…lol. Unfortunately I've never had any issues with gyno and will never share that bonding event that my wife glories in--my wife would be terribly jealous I'm sure.

I'm happy my girls are too old to breast feed because those boobs belong to me first. :)

If the kids are too old to breastfeed then no problem. On the other hand if you're depriving your kids of breast milk then big problem.

im a stay at home dad and i invested in a home gym. if you have the money check craigslist and start getting pieces here and there. best thing i did hate driving to the gym all the time.

Yeah, me too. I bought my equipment online from a place in NY and then bought the weights all here in town because the shipping cost is too much on weights.

Looks like I will be going back to work here soon, been off for 11 yrs really since I was just substitute teaching the past 3.

How are you stay at home dads managing to breastfeed? :confused:

Wife breast pumped and stored it up in bottles. We had a bunch extra a few times so I tried some, good stuff!

I been home with my 2 & 3 y/o boy and girl since march. Wife is working and going to school full time (18 credits in spring). This is my short term sacrifice so that she can be a dr. It was ok at first but I`m reaching my end. I am just not fulfilled, at the end of the day I don`t feel any accomplishment, just life passing by. Just came back from 3 days in Vegas though... best f`ing Monday/tuesday EVER! I`m also trying to launch my product nationally but don`t have enough day time hours to make calls I have to. Once that takes off it is back to day care at $1600/mo!

My gym does have an awesome kids club that they love. My daughter is the best gym partner, she never skips a workout.. "daddy we going to kids club today"? You bet your ass so I can get an hour of tiesto in my headphones! Plus I am home most of the time so I can cook/eat anything any time :)

me too

I been home with my 2 & 3 y/o boy and girl since march. Wife is working and going to school full time (18 credits in spring). This is my short term sacrifice so that she can be a dr. It was ok at first but I`m reaching my end. I am just not fulfilled, at the end of the day I don`t feel any accomplishment, just life passing by. Just came back from 3 days in Vegas though... best f`ing Monday/tuesday EVER! I`m also trying to launch my product nationally but don`t have enough day time hours to make calls I have to. Once that takes off it is back to day care at $1600/mo!

My gym does have an awesome kids club that they love. My daughter is the best gym partner, she never skips a workout.. "daddy we going to kids club today"? You bet your ass so I can get an hour of tiesto in my headphones! Plus I am home most of the time so I can cook/eat anything any time :)

You are a good husband by thinking about the family first and your wife's career.

A feeling of being unfulfilled is something I have discussed with my wife several times. She can't understand why I would want to go to work if we don't need that income. I told her it's not about the income but about feeling like have done something. I know raising young girls is important also, however, once they are both in school I'm getting a job doing something.

Last edited:
Thanks Alaski. My wife would/has done and sacrificed for me anytime, that is just love and commitment to me. She asked me if she could go back to school. I knew it was her dream, it would be tough, but there was no way I could say no to her going to fulfill her dream. I just have to remind her that for me, staying home is not my dream and I do need breaks. She had no problem with me going to vegas for a trade show for 3 days and says i should do it more often, I AGREED! :)

The kids were in day care for awhile 3 days a week but I had them another 2-3 days a week 9-5 or more by myself for over a year before March this year. I`m to the point of feeling some pain, almost suffering but I see an end in sight, if/when my new business takes off, so not quite suffering. My wife, on her own made he class load lighter for fall (without me having to ask, she wanted to spend more time with everybody and lighten my load). Now she is ONLY taking 15 credits, plus 1 more credit... yoga class!

Staying home with kids just don`t fill my human need of significance/purpose. Let me get out the pitch, go sell some stuff, close the deal!

I appreciate everyones post so far...I will be a stay at home dad, my wife and I are going to have 2 babies in a couple of years. She is much younger than me. My other kids are pretty much grown.

Im an experienced dad, but its been along time since I had babies around me full time. This may or may not work out, I may have to switch and me work, but for now the plan is me at home with the babies when it happens.

I'd love to be a stay at home dad. My daughter is a blast. I wish I could be young again and go to school with her so we could be best friends.

I'd love to be a stay at home dad. My daughter is a blast. I wish I could be young again and go to school with her so we could be best friends.

The past 3 yrs I have been subbing and I have even had my own daughters in class and that is fun. Everyday we spend about 2 hours doing homework and my oldest is only going into the 6th grade now! My oldest is getting straight A's so that's a lot better than I was at her age! I have fun teaching them about science, I used to teach high school chem and bio, and we do some simple experiments at home. We do a lot together. My oldest really bonded to me and we are almost inseparable.

I appreciate everyones post so far...I will be a stay at home dad, my wife and I are going to have 2 babies in a couple of years. She is much younger than me. My other kids are pretty much grown.

Im an experienced dad, but its been along time since I had babies around me full time. This may or may not work out, I may have to switch and me work, but for now the plan is me at home with the babies when it happens.

baby + tren = life behind bars

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity