advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Staying Humble as the cars, houses, watches and girls get nicer and nicer?

lol this is a very funny image for some reason, not to knock your hard times but imaging dante trudel of truenutrition sitting on a bucket eating ramen is just a funny image. you have such an interesting life story dante, you should seriously write more about it or even a short memoir or something, i'd definitely be interested to read it given all you have done, history of your company etc.

Unlike the majority of 'modern' bodybuilding who live their life with the "Oh enough about me, lets talk more about myself!" credo....I have a tremendously tough time talking about myself....thats why im not very good at social media stuff....I didnt come up thru the selfie generation...I never took pics of myself...it was simply a war of "me vs me"....the only person i needed to impress was me....as I would think alot of the guys plus 35 in this forum feel....its very hard for me to see eye to eye with alot of the modern society who takes pics of their six meals, their treadmill session ending totals, and a exclusive video of a set of dumbell laterals with 35's with a "Im a F'kin Beast" tank top on.......Christ...myself and 1000's of guys in this forum have been slaving away in dungeon gyms for decades and it never was about impressing "followers"....it was a simple solitary war with the logbook. (alright im ranting...ill shutup now)

Last edited:
I always aspire to try and be like my mentor and friend. Started out with nothing, he was first in his family to go to college.

Started a business in the basement of a rental house, grew it to the point where he could rent some warehouse space, and then built a facility for it. That's how we met.

He did this by always treating his customers fairly, and delivering on his word when he gave it. He rarely had to advertise as people always recommended him.

Sold the company for about $55M, and went to work with one of his brother turning pipe wrenches.

I see him weekly, and he still lives in the same small house he built for his family back in the 70's although he also turned out to be a savvy investor, and has a ton of money.

My life kind of mirrored his. First kid to college out of a family where most didn't finish high school. I worked and paid as I went.

I do really well right now, but still live in the first house (<$90K) I ever bought unlike my colleagues who live in $500K+ homes.

I know life can take it all from you in a minute as I have been there. I grew up poor and can remember telling my brother not to mention being hungry around my parents as I knew it would start an argument.

I've been shot, lost a child, divorce, etc. But through it all I know that there are others out there who have had it much worse than myself.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I guess what I was trying to say is that I've seen it happen way too many times to count.

Someone thinks they have "arrived", get smug, and then the rug gets pulled out from under them.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I kinda see where OP is coming from tbh.

I often stare in awe at myself in the mirror... in complete disbelief of how amazing I am.

I stand there, thinking to myself, "there is no way something so incredible could have happened by accident! only a god could have created something so majestic and wonderful!"

sometimes I get lost in my own eyes, and hours will have gone by before I return to myself.

it really is a mystery to me tho.. why others don't prostrate themselves before me whilst in my presence...

..still trying to figure this one out.

I kinda see where OP is coming from tbh.

I often stare in awe at myself in the mirror... in complete disbelief of how amazing I am.

I stand there, thinking to myself, "there is no way something so incredible could have happened by accident! only a god could have created something so majestic and wonderful!"

sometimes I get lost in my own eyes, and hours will have gone by before I return to myself.

it really is a mystery to me tho.. why others don't prostrate themselves before me whilst in my presence...

..still trying to figure this one out.

ROFL!! Slice I think has been the best post I've ever seen you type..OMG LOL

They way I see it, if you feel the need to brag or show off what you have or have done, you have some underlying mental issues that need addressing.

Life isn't a pissing contest. There is always someone that can do things better, make more money, have more stuff, perform better, ect.. The only thing that matters is that you're living your life to the fullest and making the best of what you have...or don't have for that matter.

When you realize that, you don't have to worry about staying humble because you already are. just my .02 cents...

I think the theme applies to many young bodybuilders, I remember in my 20's and 30's as I got bigger and stronger - kept looking at other non lifter guys and thinking I was sooo superior to them. It took me along time to realize - that nobody but me and a really small circle of my "friends" who were bodybuilders cared about muscle size. I never really had a hard time dating women back then, But I never got the interest of a woman based on my gorilla suit or muscles that I can ever remember. I had to get past the stereotype with them and they saw me for what I was a nice compassionate guy who treated them well. To this day nobody but you really cares about your body but you, not your wife not your kids, not the people at the mall or work. Nobody cares if you had a bad work out or injury per say.

I can't relate to this generation, I train in a small commercial gym at work, because anytime I am in the big gyms it's like everyone is cloned. Everyone walking around dressed the same in compression shirts, training on machines and flexing their arms every 10 seconds in the mirror, while sipping their shakes yet to see them sweat or do anything other than adjust their head phones and switch their play lists on their phones.

I guess I am old. LOL

Remember when the lotto was at a billion? I read a few comments by mark cuban that hit home, he stated "if you aren't happy now..you won't be happy when you win the lotto"
I got a 2010 dodge charger, paid off and certainly could afford an upgrade if I wanted but think about the time I spend in my car and pass. My house is over ten years old and I thought about building a new house with all the things I wanted in this one but chose not to upgrade too and pass.
Life isn't about accumulating possessions, happiness comes from with in and what you do for others in my opinion.

I never really had a hard time dating women back then, But I never got the interest of a woman based on my gorilla suit or muscles that I can ever remember..

you never had a hard time dating women because of the muscles bro..trust me.

women will want to avoid appearing shallow, but they love muscles. it's just biology.

any girl who says she doesn't is simply lying / acting out the fox and the grapes.

it's like a man claiming that he doesn't like curvy/shapely women...

sure, women don't find the hulking, freaky bodybuilders attractive... but that's a surprise to no one..

but they would certainly prefer muscles over no muscles.

im not even sure why I made this post tbh....but Ive already finished it so I might as well just post it.

Unlike the majority of 'modern' bodybuilding who live their life with the "Oh enough about me, lets talk more about myself!" credo....I have a tremendously tough time talking about myself....thats why im not very good at social media stuff....I didnt come up thru the selfie generation...I never took pics of myself...it was simply a war of "me vs me"....the only person i needed to impress was me....as I would think alot of the guys plus 35 in this forum feel....its very hard for me to see eye to eye with alot of the modern society who takes pics of their six meals, their treadmill session ending totals, and a exclusive video of a set of dumbell laterals with 35's with a "Im a F'kin Beast" tank top on.......Christ...myself and 1000's of guys in this forum have been slaving away in dungeon gyms for decades and it never was about impressing "followers"....it was a simple solitary war with the logbook. (alright im ranting...ill shutup now)

I agree, I can't even think of the last time I even took a picture of myself. I have some from back in like 2002, but I didn't even take them, other people did (shirt off photos, as I have plenty with clothes). All these selfies and stuff I can and will never get into. I have a hard enough time trying to get a picture of my 3 year old son and 3 month old daughter at the right time. I'm still the guy covering up in the gym wearing a sweater most of the time too.

I remember reading an article by this author about how he went to this friends house for dinner. And before dinner everyone is standing around chatting and he starts talking to this older guy. And he makes the observation that despite being older this guy looked big and in shape.
Anyway they talk for about an 30 min or so with the big, older guy asking him really insightful questions and really getting to know him. But every time the the writer asks the big guy a question he politely answers, then redirects the questions to the author.
After dinner the author told the host what happened and he ask who he was. The host laughed and said "That was Bill Pearl Mr. Universe." The guy was dumbfounded because not once did Bill call attention to who he was and how famous he was (I think this was in the 70-80's).

Every time I start to get salty I remember this story.

Being humble is being humble. There's no need to brag about anything unless someone asks nobody likes that guy. I cant speak from experience about being rich but I'm more successful in different ways but I always admire the strong silent type. That being said I think every person goes through that stage of wanting people to know what they've accomplished and you should be proud of yourself. But I think the older you become the wiser you will become feel less of the need to boast about your success. Enjoy life man and be proud of yourself.

Can't sleep and browsing the boards..

I love advice like these from people that are relatively older and wiser than me (30). If there is one thing I wish I had growing up, it would have been a strong Mentorship from someone that is couple decades older than me guiding me. Would have helped me not make shit ton of mistakes the inexperience youth makes

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity