over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Staying lean while bulking....

medici999

Banned
Would it be possible to still gain muscle if one were to say follow a keto style diet monday to friday...then have a 2day carb up?

Or would a more conventional diet be more effective?

Cycle your carbs keep pro/fat the same. do 2g/lb, 1g/lb, 0.5g/lb, trace day. Dont put the 2 and 1 days back to back. You can adjust up or down as you may be more or less sensitive to carbs then me

Would it be possible to still gain muscle if one were to say follow a keto style diet monday to friday...then have a 2day carb up?

Or would a more conventional diet be more effective?

I do and am gaining,but I have to keep the cals higher than if I was just on a conventional diet.At least that's what I have found.

I am on a typical keto diet year round... maintaining, cutting, bulking.

When bulking, I may have a few pre-workout carbs; that is if I feel I need them. If I don't need them, then I don't eat them.

Then I either have a cheat meal or 16-24 hour carb-up depending on how I am feeling.

I find it very easy to gain muscle and maintain bodyfat levels below 10%... Typically in the 6-8% range. And I am a straight up former fat boy.

I am on a typical keto diet year round... maintaining, cutting, bulking.

When bulking, I may have a few pre-workout carbs; that is if I feel I need them. If I don't need them, then I don't eat them.

Then I either have a cheat meal or 16-24 hour carb-up depending on how I am feeling.

I find it very easy to gain muscle and maintain bodyfat levels below 10%... Typically in the 6-8% range. And I am a straight up former fat boy.

Exact same sitution as me.

Exact same sitution as me.

I love it that way. It took a while to get used to, but now it's just life as usual.

I just can't handle the carbs. Even if I eat a little bit, I feel like shit... I get bloated easily, horrible bowel movements, horrible gas, etc...

Are any of you guys doin cardio offseason? I'm experimenting with Carb numbers as well, I was doin 4 carb meals per day surrounded near the workout, started adding some bodyfat now I'm dropping to 3 meals, no more than 150 CARBS total ..

Are any of you guys doin cardio offseason? I'm experimenting with Carb numbers as well, I was doin 4 carb meals per day surrounded near the workout, started adding some bodyfat now I'm dropping to 3 meals, no more than 150 CARBS total ..

Yeah, I do cardio every day no matter what.

Take into consideration your overall calories as well. I mean, I always blamed carbs for making me fat, but instead my overall calories were just too damn high and I wasn't doing any cardio. Now that I lowered my fats and upped my carbs (500g initially and I'm losing weight, George Farah-type-diet-plan) and keep my protein high, getting in fat only in trace amounts and my last meal, my muscles look fuller, my waist is smaller and I'm still making quality gains even though I dropped my dose from 600mg to 250mg..

A lot of people get a distended waistline and feel bloated from too many fats in their diet.. or vice versa with carbs. You have to tinker around with it and look at the overall calories.. are your fats too damn high? insanely too much protein?

I only ate carbs right when i woke up and PWO. I saw my performance deceasing, so i added carbs preWO and it help ALOT.

1: 3/4C oats/pro
2: pro/fat
3:1/2C Oats PreWO /pro
4:1/2C white Ride PWO/ pro
5:pro/fat
6:pro/fat

What do you guys thing about that routine? anyone doing anything simliar?

Take into consideration your overall calories as well. I mean, I always blamed carbs for making me fat, but instead my overall calories were just too damn high and I wasn't doing any cardio. Now that I lowered my fats and upped my carbs (500g initially and I'm losing weight, George Farah-type-diet-plan) and keep my protein high, getting in fat only in trace amounts and my last meal, my muscles look fuller, my waist is smaller and I'm still making quality gains even though I dropped my dose from 600mg to 250mg..

A lot of people get a distended waistline and feel bloated from too many fats in their diet.. or vice versa with carbs. You have to tinker around with it and look at the overall calories.. are your fats too damn high? insanely too much protein?

I'm probably not the best example, but I can attest to similar stuff. I hired Alex A cause he was different than what I was doing, and whatever I was doing wasn't working.

When I was bulking, my carbs were very high but I never felt fat or anything, despite prior to this point I always kept it low carb. I think calories are what matter.

Obviously, the leaner you start the better. I was at a very high protein intake, very high carb intake and a low fat intake. I would've never done that on my own. Previously, I did high protein, moderate fat, low carb. Then i wouldn't grow and I'd add a lot of carbs and get fat. I think it's calories really.

I'm probably not the best example, but I can attest to similar stuff. I hired Alex A cause he was different than what I was doing, and whatever I was doing wasn't working.

When I was bulking, my carbs were very high but I never felt fat or anything, despite prior to this point I always kept it low carb. I think calories are what matter.

Obviously, the leaner you start the better. I was at a very high protein intake, very high carb intake and a low fat intake. I would've never done that on my own. Previously, I did high protein, moderate fat, low carb. Then i wouldn't grow and I'd add a lot of carbs and get fat. I think it's calories really.

Of course, it all come down to calories... However, some of us just can't handle the carbs. It's not that the carbs makes us fat, just that they bloat us, give us gas, bad bowel movements, and just generally feel like shit all day when eating carbs.

Sonicwaste- do u prefer a 16-24 hr carb up or a big cheat meal?

For me, it depends on how I am feeling/looking. If I am feeling drained and looking flat, then I'll do a 16-24 hour carb load.

If I'm feeling in between, it may be a 4-8 hour carb-load.

If I am feeling great, a big cheat meal.

It varies week to week. It also depends on what I am doing the next day... If I am going to the pool or beach, I may just have a high fat/low carb cheat meal.

I havent seen any proof that states carbs are esential for muscle growth , yea they do help.

I stayed pretty lean this off season eating 2g-protein(550-600) , almost 1g-fat(225-250) per pound and about 150-200g carbs a day and a little kore than half of that was from grapefruit , bananas and apples

I havent seen any proof that states carbs are esential for muscle growth , yea they do help.

I stayed pretty lean this off season eating 2g-protein(550-600) , almost 1g-fat(225-250) per pound and about 150-200g carbs a day and a little kore than half of that was from grapefruit , bananas and apples

I agree. Carbs definitely not needed for muscle growth.

Carbs certainly help with energy level while training. Also it certainly helps to lift heavier when muscle glycogen is replenished or close to replenished.

I dont know if I buy into this low carb bulking approach. I do agree that carbs make me feel like shit, gas all day, bloated, etc. But every diet I ever got from a nutritionist (2 that prep pros for shows) had carbs in it and one even had me eat carbs pro and fat in every meal. And if this is coming from them, how can other diets be better? I tried low carb and it doesn't work, im flat, weak and dont grow. I am at least half endo. My dad was endo and maybe half meso. My other half is meso since my mom is a meso. But i gain fat easily, i can maintain bf easily though, gain muscle easily. I can look bloated fast. I also noticed that alot of fruits are not ideal since they give me the runs as well. I grew my best when I had moderate to high carbs, a ton of protein and no added fat, whatever was in my beef. Oh and a shitload of test and some dbol mixed in there.

just bumping this thread.

in theory...can one grow without literaly any carbs..once your body uses ketones for fuel....

say if you need 3000cals to grow...could you literally have 400g protein, and 150g fat a day say?

I dont know if I buy into this low carb bulking approach. I do agree that carbs make me feel like shit, gas all day, bloated, etc. But every diet I ever got from a nutritionist (2 that prep pros for shows) had carbs in it and one even had me eat carbs pro and fat in every meal. And if this is coming from them, how can other diets be better? I tried low carb and it doesn't work, im flat, weak and dont grow. I am at least half endo. My dad was endo and maybe half meso. My other half is meso since my mom is a meso. But i gain fat easily, i can maintain bf easily though, gain muscle easily. I can look bloated fast. I also noticed that alot of fruits are not ideal since they give me the runs as well. I grew my best when I had moderate to high carbs, a ton of protein and no added fat, whatever was in my beef. Oh and a shitload of test and some dbol mixed in there.

Not heard of many people running low fat style bulking diets before.

honestly I think its being a bit narrow minded to exclude any nutrient, i think if you focus fats and protein around your main meals and carbs pre - post workout with protein you will gain well....but aslong as your sensible and use the mirror as a gauge along with performance in the gym that will give you the real perspective on how productive your diet is. Thats what I will be doing this year and I will take pics every 10 weeks to show how it goes im determined to make my body point towards gaining muscle without the fat but by not overcomplicating the matter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity