over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

STAYING LEAN WHILE GROWING

Heres a comparison. keep in mind he's still well over 300 pounds in the after pic

WOW!!! I just watched the Arnold Strong Man from 2 or so years ago on Netflix when he had that big power gut. He really got in great bodybuilding type condition.

WOW!!! I just watched the Arnold Strong Man from 2 or so years ago on Netflix when he had that big power gut. He really got in great bodybuilding type condition.
Most top level powerlifters or strong man competitors would look great if they held their current level of lbm and dieted down to contest conditioning. They carry around a lot of tissue :D

there's quite a few guys at my gym who've gained 30-50 pounds in the last couple three years and never went above 10 percent bf.
how? cuz they're on fuckin steroids.
these kinds of questions about growing while lean are shit naturals worry about. you and everybody else here aint natural. at all. not even close.
anyone can grow and stay lean on gear. anyone.
maintenance cals, and increase them when needed as u gain muscle. how is that hard?
plus you're on gh and slin on top of that 1.2g plus gear dose.
godam it.

Lol this is funny and partially true but it's also partially stretched and exaggerated a bit because no not everyone on gear can grow and stay lean at the same time. But I do get what your saying.

The truth is yes can stay lean and maintain your muscle if your eating say 500 cals below baseline. Give or take depending on how your body holds muscle.

Keep those calories around baseline then for a week bump them up. Then drop them then bump them up. Cycling calories in my opinion is the best way to keep your body sensitive to food(carbs proteins and fats) while staying lean. If your already fat though it may require you to go on a pretty long cut to get that shit off of you then start growing.

I think that's a pretty logical easy way to put it.

Most top level powerlifters or strong man competitors would look great if they held their current level of lbm and dieted down to contest conditioning. They carry around a lot of tissue :D

Yeah. It’s crazy how much food they have to eat to stay so damn strong! Just dropping to where they ate when hungry they’d cut up quickly.

Yeah. It’s crazy how much food they have to eat to stay so damn strong! Just dropping to where they ate when hungry they’d cut up quickly.

You ever watch that video of Brian Shaw eating 12000 calories in a day. He eats a pound of beef with a pound of pasta twice, a big ass meal from a takeout place, a whole cheesecake and a ton of other shit. I cant even imagine being able to eat like that

You ever watch that video of Brian Shaw eating 12000 calories in a day. He eats a pound of beef with a pound of pasta twice, a big ass meal from a takeout place, a whole cheesecake and a ton of other shit. I cant even imagine being able to eat like that
I'm at roughly half that daily now and the struggle is real lol. Couldn't imagine 12k.

And here guys worry about clogging their arteries while eating clean on AAS. Haha crazy!

I'm at roughly half that daily now and the struggle is real lol. Couldn't imagine 12k.

Ya me too. Im at around5-5500 daily and its a struggle getting it all in at times

IMO it's the only way to grow. Better for overall health, better for insulin sensitivity, and the biggest thing IMO is that I feel 1000% better growing lean. Won't ever do any type of true bulk ever again just because it feels so shitty to lug the weight around, makes snoring worse, food doesn't partition as well, etc.

Realistically, unless you're trying to be a super heavy, two years of bulk cycles should put on the majority of the mass you need anyways and and after that is slowly adding/fine tuning so bulking is more of a beginner thing IMO. I have very average genetics and went from a 6'1 140lbs endurance athlete to 210lbs stage weight in 3 years and have stayed lean since and just fine tuned while slowly adding more mass.

IMO this is where hiring a coach becomes an effective strategy.

I have always been able to get lean—using shitty ways/techniques though.
But my BB lifestyle has been one extreme to other. I would get TOO FAT when trying to grow and I would end up crash dieting over the course of a month or two. In the end, I kinda stayed the same—losing whatever gains I had made in order to lose fat faster.

My only remedy to fix that was to hire someone to help me do this and it has been worth every penny. I admit that I'm a instant gratification guy and having a coach to slowwww my ass down has helped tremendously.
When it came to offseason, he kept me on minimal drugs and slowwwwly added food. 1lb a week was great. And now that its time to cut, its also just as great. Slow and steady, trying to hold onto all the mass you put on. I know that when i dooo get scary lean, the final look will be much better.

Yes, Tren, GH and everything else helppps. But patience is the key. And this is coming from a ridiculously impatient person. Bodybuilding is a marathon not a sprint and having a coach reminded me that.

IMO it's the only way to grow. Better for overall health, better for insulin sensitivity, and the biggest thing IMO is that I feel 1000% better growing lean. Won't ever do any type of true bulk ever again just because it feels so shitty to lug the weight around, makes snoring worse, food doesn't partition as well, etc.

Realistically, unless you're trying to be a super heavy, two years of bulk cycles should put on the majority of the mass you need anyways and and after that is slowly adding/fine tuning so bulking is more of a beginner thing IMO. I have very average genetics and went from a 6'1 140lbs endurance athlete to 210lbs stage weight in 3 years and have stayed lean since and just fine tuned while slowly adding more mass.

Spot on.

If you're a competitive bodybuilder or just starting out, I totally get putting on 30 / 40 / 50 pounds to maximize muscle gains.

If you're not a competitive bodybuilder or have already gained most of the muscle you'll ever have, I see no point in regularly gaining large amounts of weight then losing 3/4 of it. It's just another way of stressing the body. And there's the mental stress of restricting food, long cardio sessions, etc.

I did a traditional bulk in fall of 2016, but in fall of 2017 decided to stick with my CKD I cut with and just up the calories for bulking. I'm ~15lbs. lighter than this point last year but much leaner and strength is over 90% of what it was a year ago. Gains are slower - 9lbs. in the last 3 months - but I'm much happier with the results.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_PoDDJp0G4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_PoDDJp0G4[/ame]

JP has been growing on me, him and Joe Bennett can teach most people ALOT

Guy's grown at a monumental rate.

I don't think there's many bodybuilders that have progressed as much as Jordan has in the past 6 years; muscle wise. He's 5-5 and 300 lbs right now :eek:

Very honest, and forthcoming with his protocols too on his site. It takes a whole lot of food, dedication, and yes drugs to get to that size :)

Hope he stays healthy.

And here guys worry about clogging their arteries while eating clean on AAS. Haha crazy!

Come to think of it, we don't hear much about strongmen dropping dead of heart attacks at a really young age like we had with Dallas. Have there been many of them having the serious health issues and death? Wonder what kind of doses they take compared to bodybuilders. A stronman's diet isn't as healthy, and carrying all of that extra weight isn't healthy. Maybe we just don't hear about it because it seems to be even less popular than bodybuilding? Not as many fans.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, we don't hear much about strongmen dropping dead of heart attacks at a really young age like we had with Dallas. Have there been many of them having the serious health issues and death? Wonder what kind of doses they take compared to bodybuilders. A stronman's diet isn't as healthy, and carrying all of that extra weight isn't healthy. Maybe we just don't hear about it because it seems to be even less popular than bodybuilding? Not as many fans.
That's an interesting thought. I'd be curious to know this as well.

There’s three ways you could go about this.

Hard training, tons of CLEAN FOOD. Work fucking hard as hell. Take your drugs and put on 35 pounds. - this way you’ll stay actually decently lean. Maybe 30 percent muscle, 20 percent fat, 50 percent water. But you’ll blow your old physique out of the water.

Stay lean eat your stuff around your workouts make a 3-4 pound gain look good year round doing it

Stay lean run do everything your doing as above but shoot tons of synthol and make your physique appear 20 pounds bigger.

Not saying anyone of those is wrong. But lots of guys going for the 3rd one now a days with the 1st option dieing out. But if your going on stage. The first option will win it

Edit. I will add when doing option 1 100 percent do not just start eating junk fast food to get in higher calories. After each meal throw in a shake of more protein, some blended oats and or bananas or whatever and some healthy fats. When you start to eat junk the muscle to fat ratio will slip.....

Last edited:
Why the hell would I want to be anything else?

Lol no I dream to be a LHW.

Used to think the same thing until I figured out that, one, keeping up with that lifestyle at my height (6'1) requires more drugs than I'm willing to take - at least with my genetics. Two, women aren't into huge guys and I like pulling tail. Even as a bigger physique guy, enough women aren't interested but at this size I can still pull more than I need

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear