over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

STAYING LEAN WHILE GROWING

Come to think of it, we don't hear much about strongmen dropping dead of heart attacks at a really young age like we had with Dallas. Have there been many of them having the serious health issues and death? Wonder what kind of doses they take compared to bodybuilders. A stronman's diet isn't as healthy, and carrying all of that extra weight isn't healthy. Maybe we just don't hear about it because it seems to be even less popular than bodybuilding? Not as many fans.

That's the thing. And I've wondered this myself. But from what I know from experience strength is very very genetic. Obviously there pushing the envelope on gear but I know a pro strong man and I just laugh at his doses compared to what I take for building muscle. He doesn't have really much muscle development in terms of bodybuilding standard but he deads over 800 and I've seen him front squatting over 585 easily for reps.

I think they eat like shit but I don't they take near what bodybuilders take.

Man some of the amounts of food I'm reading for growing seems extremely low..unless you are eating loads of fat or you have the slowest metabolism ever eating around 100 carbs a day can't lead to growth unless you are taking heaps of gear. That would just be a waste imo.

I've found that there is a certain point with calories where I can continue to gain strength and size without getting fat in the process, and I've found the point where I'm just maintaining without really making much progress. Now that doesn't mean I won't ever go past that point and get a little fat lol but I know where that point is after lots of trial and error and some time spent just kind of not really getting much done due to calories being too low. I also think lean is a relative term..its relative to how fast you can get into shape and how easily you gain fat. Lean for me while growing may be fat for someone else, just learn your body and determine what works for you.

Man some of the amounts of food I'm reading for growing seems extremely low..unless you are eating loads of fat or you have the slowest metabolism ever eating around 100 carbs a day can't lead to growth unless you are taking heaps of gear. That would just be a waste imo.

I've found that there is a certain point with calories where I can continue to gain strength and size without getting fat in the process, and I've found the point where I'm just maintaining without really making much progress. Now that doesn't mean I won't ever go past that point and get a little fat lol but I know where that point is after lots of trial and error and some time spent just kind of not really getting much done due to calories being too low. I also think lean is a relative term..its relative to how fast you can get into shape and how easily you gain fat. Lean for me while growing may be fat for someone else, just learn your body and determine what works for you.

Ain’t no one growing on 100g of carbs. People say they do but really look the same, it’s like people on this site here especially peptide pushers saying “yeah I gained 10 pounds last couple weeks taking this” or “yup only put on about 5lb but it’s lean tissue in the last 4 weeks” but they always look the fucking same.

Getting the body up to speed may take some time to work. But if your constantly pushing food you would be amazed on what the body can consume and stay lean, if your diet is shit and your eating like a girl most of the time then yes your gonna notice some fat gain on 300g of carbs but once they bring the body up to speed. 300 is nothing. And no you can’t eat little amounts and take tons of food and grow. You’ll actually shrink. Your not feeding the body what it needs

Ain’t no one growing on 100g of carbs. People say they do but really look the same, it’s like people on this site here especially peptide pushers saying “yeah I gained 10 pounds last couple weeks taking this” or “yup only put on about 5lb but it’s lean tissue in the last 4 weeks” but they always look the fucking same.

Getting the body up to speed may take some time to work. But if your constantly pushing food you would be amazed on what the body can consume and stay lean, if your diet is shit and your eating like a girl most of the time then yes your gonna notice some fat gain on 300g of carbs but once they bring the body up to speed. 300 is nothing. And no you can’t eat little amounts and take tons of food and grow. You’ll actually shrink. Your not feeding the body what it needs

Fully agree...my body starts to get used to that food pretty quick, even cheat meals, not much really changes and I'm almost back to "normal" the next day. Dieting though I fluctuate all over the place based on slight increases here or there in calories or water or sodium or whatever other factors may be involved. Once you go months on higher calories it definitely adapts as long as the hard training is in place and you're putting the food to use, at least for me.

Fully agree...my body starts to get used to that food pretty quick, even cheat meals, not much really changes and I'm almost back to "normal" the next day. Dieting though I fluctuate all over the place based on slight increases here or there in calories or water or sodium or whatever other factors may be involved. Once you go months on higher calories it definitely adapts as long as the hard training is in place and you're putting the food to use, at least for me.
Same here as well. I'm in a perpetual phase of waking up just looking flat......and I fill in as the day and meals go by. At night is when I look my best.

Next morning....same process all over.

Only when I have a cheat meal do I wake up looking full...and really vascular.

But as I said earlier....I'm trying to gravitate towards bulking for 6-8 weeks, and then going back to maintenance or slight deficit for 2-3 weeks.

As I've gotten older...it just feels better. When younger I would just go crazy with the food I ate....but my metabolism just ran with it. Still have that issue...just not as bad.

Losing is easy for me....gaining is the hard part only because of the amount of food I need to eat.

At my age...I'm not going to be adding any significant amount of muscle anyway. So small gains are good enough for me.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Yea some of the guys, especially the ones with high post counts are always praising what ever product their buddies are selling and they think no one notices I guess. But I lean to the old school side, train big, eat big and sleep big. Then supplement what may help you.

At least for Me, I know its all about Calories 1st.
I think at this point I could only Add in more calories by ingesting more Fat.
But then really up my Risk of Clogging Up and Stroking out.
Think I'll stay lower calories from Fat!

It really does depend on your overall goals. If your goals are to stay lean and make slow, but manageable gains, then lean gaining is the way to go.

If goals are to become a true massive beast, you may have to put on a little more than you feel comfortable with. The exceptions are if you're a true genetic freak. Other than that, some fluff will most likely have to be added in order to make some SERIOUS gains in lbm.

x100000

cannot be said enough

1. Strongmen seem to eat cleaner than BBers from what I've seen

2.they aren't using a ton of stims/diuretics/thyroid/harsh androgens like winny,mast,etc

3.powerlifters take bodybuilding-esque dosages so to think strongmen don't also is pretty ignorant

I noticed that about strongmen as well but it's more about numbers. The strongman I have heard about all take just as much aas as bodybuilders. In fact the ones I have encountered take huge doses. Their diet also tend to be worse (more junk) and usually contain a massive amount of calories.

Growing lean is all about diet. Lot's of clean food. Then things like fasted cardio can come into it. Choice of drugs (aas) can come into it as well. Many like to use some fat burners (perhaps t3) through their cycles or periodically (dnp). Perhaps a mini cut every 2 month just to keep looking shaper and get rid of any excess fat.

I prefer to just stay relatively lean and go up gradually. I think synthetine is a great tool when bulking to help stay leaner. HGH is another great tool that adds to body compostion with a surplus of calories. I can't use hgh much though as I get too tired and it's so bad it becomes counter productive. Even supps like green tea extract can help as well.

I personally like to train fairly high volume when bulking as well. That approach helps keep me relatively lean even in the presence of high calories. I don't do much cardio so the extra volume suits me.

Last edited:
That's the thing. And I've wondered this myself. But from what I know from experience strength is very very genetic. Obviously there pushing the envelope on gear but I know a pro strong man and I just laugh at his doses compared to what I take for building muscle. He doesn't have really much muscle development in terms of bodybuilding standard but he deads over 800 and I've seen him front squatting over 585 easily for reps.

I think they eat like shit but I don't they take near what bodybuilders take.

I think you are right about their doses, and that could be a factor to why we don't see them dropping like bodybuilders.

A lot of it is genetic, strength is that way even more so than bodybuilding success I think. Like the thread we had on here about that young girl that weighed like 125 lbs at the Arnold and deadlifted around 550 lbs!:eek: That is close to what I could do and I weighed around 245 lbs.

I think you are right about their doses, and that could be a factor to why we don't see them dropping like bodybuilders.

A lot of it is genetic, strength is that way even more so than bodybuilding success I think. Like the thread we had on here about that young girl that weighed like 125 lbs at the Arnold and deadlifted around 550 lbs!:eek: That is close to what I could do and I weighed around 245 lbs.

I think a lot of it is the amount of gear and the difference in drugs. Powerlifters don’t need growth or insulin. There not spiking igf levels into the 800s-900s and getting insanely huge hearts or organs. Yes they carry a lot of weight around but the body is able to handle it better with the organs intact. And they are using way less gear. High doses of gear= lethargy and you can’t lift heavy ass weights when your lethargic and lazy. And the fact they don’t have to stress the body out dieting super hard to low singles and drying the body out to extreme levels.

there's quite a few guys at my gym who've gained 30-50 pounds in the last couple three years and never went above 10 percent bf.
how? cuz they're on fuckin steroids.
these kinds of questions about growing while lean are shit naturals worry about. you and everybody else here aint natural. at all. not even close.
anyone can grow and stay lean on gear. anyone.
maintenance cals, and increase them when needed as u gain muscle. how is that hard?
plus you're on gh and slin on top of that 1.2g plus gear dose.
godam it.

not exactly how i woulda said it lol but i cant argue with that...
i mean look up ANY medical study on AAS and pretty sure they ALL show increased muscle growth with no addition of bf% in fact most studies will show lower bf% and increased muscle mass..... i know i kno in "untrained" people but think bout it if they are untrained and dummies and we are well trained and know how to eat then we can duplicate those results and then some.
had some drinks..
-F2S

I have recently been experimenting with new ways of trying to grow while staying lean around 8-10% bf instead of the typical offseason bulking gaining maybe 25-40lbs of extra weight. I have been keeping all my carbs pre/intra/post while using slin/GH around training and then the rest of the day staying high protein moderate fat zero/low carb. Have any of you guys used this approach to try and maintain a lean look all year while using proper timing of gear and food to try and grow? I will lay out my last blast so you can see what I did.

Test enth 500/week
NPP 300/week
EQ 400/week
Test susp 50mg pre workout
GH 5iu/1 hr pre workout
Humalog 4-5iu 15 min pre workout
Nolvadex 50mg daily
Aromasin 10mg 3 times week

-my protein was around 400g daily, fats were around 60g, carbs were 60g pre workout/25g intra/80g post workout. Rest of day was protein/ fats/and veggies

-I went from about 240lbs to 245lbs with bodyfat getting pretty low around 8% I’m assuming. No cardio and weight training around 4-5 days per week.

Growing and staying lean for me requires tren/GH and cycling calories

4 lift days a week ~150g carbs
3 off days carbs are strictly 4 cups broccoli.

330g protein, 50g fat. My added fats are fish oil caps and a few olives.

It’s slow, but if I start to get blurry I don’t like it. Dammit body dismorphia

Are you guys both talking about eating less than 200g carbs in a day? I can't even imagine that I would be starving. That's like, contest prep numbers.

I don't think I've ever been over 15% bf in my life. But that's genetics for you. Also have to bust my ass just to get close to 220 lbs for the first time at 6' 3"

^^^ Exactly. You aren't "growing" off 150-200g of carbs. You might look rounder and fuller from pounding insluin, gh, adrol pre workout, but those gains are 'permanent' per se.

I think you need to spend 5-6 months in a caloric surplus so that you're body is acclimating to its 'new' self. Thats why a lot of guys dont make progress, do a show, bulk up from rebound, start prep again and maybe added 3lbs of muscle. Im guility myself.

Unless you're black or have straight up superior genetics, you aren't staying 'lean' and 'growing'. Pick one and go with it.

How many Lean bodybuilders Weigh over 260 lbs ?
It seems that it is as about as Big you can get.
That amount of Lean muscle just takes A Shit load of Calories to Feed.
Unless you have the Fat Gene!
Or eat 3 pds of Bacon daily....

The biggest I have ever let myself go was 252 lbs at 5ft4. Here is another off season where I was about 246-248 and constantly shoveling food down my fat mouth and lifting some heavy as fucking iron, fat but not crazy fat. Back then I was always training very heavy so I wanted the weight to keep moving foward so I just kept eating. Now a days I do things 360° different but I'm a lot older and more concious of my health especially blood sugar and blood pressure.

Attachments

• 2018-03-12 10.31.51.jpg
    2018-03-12 10.31.51.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 224
The biggest I have ever let myself go was 252 lbs at 5ft4. Here is another off season where I was about 246-248 and constantly shoveling food down my fat mouth and lifting some heavy as fucking iron, fat but not crazy fat. Back then I was always training very heavy so I wanted the weight to keep moving foward so I just kept eating. Now a days I do things 360° different but I'm a lot older and more concious of my health especially blood sugar and blood pressure.

That is one lumpty thick-ass back!!! You look very lean too.

Even I am at A loss for Words!
Does not even Look Human!
Crazy! is all I can say!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75