over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Staying lean year around without abusing drugs

It really just comes down to diet. This is me last weekend, 12 weeks since I last competed and all I'm on now is HRT (true HRT). Test only, no GH, slin, no anti-Es, etc. And I am NOT a naturally lean person.

Shelby do you feel like the longer you are lean the easier it is to maintain a lower bodyfat? I have talked to people who said the longer they stayed in single digit bodyfat the less fat they got when eating offseason style (surplus is calories and a little looser with food choices). So they used to get up to 15% or so in the offseason but doing the same thing now they only go up to 11-12% bodyfat

It really just comes down to diet. This is me last weekend, 12 weeks since I last competed and all I'm on now is HRT (true HRT). Test only, no GH, slin, no anti-Es, etc. And I am NOT a naturally lean person.

Very impressive. Are you doing much cardio still ??

We're is your macros at and are carbs timed around training as usual ?

A glance at your diet currently would be awesome :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats amazing. You are very lean.

Shelby, what is your total calorie intake?

You look like you are 7-8% BF.

Roughly how many calories and carbs do you think you're eating at the moment?

Relatively low. Under 50g carbs on off days, and training days are maybe 175 to 200g carbs. Fats (added fats) are between 60 and 80g or so and protein is maybe 275g to 325g.

Cardio is just 20 minutes low intensity walk every morning.

Shelby do you feel like the longer you are lean the easier it is to maintain a lower bodyfat? I have talked to people who said the longer they stayed in single digit bodyfat the less fat they got when eating offseason style (surplus is calories and a little looser with food choices). So they used to get up to 15% or so in the offseason but doing the same thing now they only go up to 11-12% bodyfat

I'm definitely not eating a surplus but I do find it easier to diet, mentally.
The main thing is after a show, don't get fat. How do you get fat? You eat too much.

Relatively low. Under 50g carbs on off days, and training days are maybe 175 to 200g carbs. Fats (added fats) are between 60 and 80g or so and protein is maybe 275g to 325g.

Any intra workout carbs or just the 2 meals after workout carbs?

Any intra workout carbs or just the 2 meals after workout carbs?

I have carbs pre, during, and post workout on training days. About 25g intra usually.

Yea I would lose my sanity so props. I've been down to the 2k cal range, etc for comps but takes every last drop of willpower and im fried by the end.

At around 380p/250c/60f and still feel the need to eat 24/7. Not junk food, just more chicken, rice, oats, eggs, all the stuff I usually eat.

I also have one higher carb cheat meal / refeed meal per week that's usually around 400g carbs or so

I also have one higher carb cheat meal / refeed meal per week that's usually around 400g carbs or so

How much do you weigh if you don't mind sharing? Looked pretty damn thick in that picture.

That's the other thing I can't do is cheat meals really. If I eat a meal with the intention of it being a cheat, it turns into a binge cause I'm already so hungry and then will have cravings for days after. That's what makes me feel boarderline eating disorder more than anything but that's just me.

As hard and annoying as it is, I've found the only way to stay lean 10% and under is to diet and do cardio year round. I used to always wonder why, even though im on gh, why I wasn't as lean as I wanted. Last year after my show I decided to stay on my diet and keep my cardio in, just not as much, and the results were amazing (duh lol), I was able to maintain 10% most of the year.

Yes you get cravings but you get used to them and learn how to control them, I smoke "green" and you would think the munchies would get to me, I eat a cup of broccoli and no more cravings. You just have to adapt.

Its not what we want to hear but I think its the only way - without abusing drugs that is.

How much do you weigh if you don't mind sharing? Looked pretty damn thick in that picture.

That's the other thing I can't do is cheat meals really. If I eat a meal with the intention of it being a cheat, it turns into a binge cause I'm already so hungry and then will have cravings for days after. That's what makes me feel boarderline eating disorder more than anything but that's just me.

I think we are identical twins based on everything you've said

Right now I'm 210 (and I'm 5'6) . Onstage I'm around 200-202

Do you feel hungry on that diet?

Do you up protein and/or carbs on non-training days where you have under 50g carbs?

Do you feel hungry on that diet?

Do you up protein and/or carbs on non-training days where you have under 50g carbs?

I'm usually a little hungry but honestly I like that.
Fat is slightly higher on off days but protein is roughly the same.

This is not a diet to gain muscle, it's a diet to stay leaner, lighter, hopefully stay healthy, but still provide enough to support good workouts. My goal in the "offseason" is health and longevity.

When I decide to compete again I'll probably spend the first couple months putting on weight before I start dieting back.

My blood pressure at Red Cross yesterday was 98/60

With the intermittent fasting is around 18 hours. My fasted cardio is usually around 8 hours.

Neither of these two will I use EAA or BCAA. Strictly fasted, other than a cup of coffee.

This seems like a very popular protocol on a private forum I am frequenting ;)

I find diet to be much much more important than cardio.

I've so many friends who don't do cardio but their diet is 100% on point and are sitting somewhere between 7-8% BF.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws