over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Staying on for 2 yrs + . Advice?

Rez

Newbies
Hello. This is my first post here, so I thought i'd start by introducing myself. I am from Norway. 30 yrs old. Been training on and off since 16, but never serious until 2 yrs ago. Actually I would dare to say, not serious until one year ago. Beeing serious I consider proper training regiment, nutrition etc etc. So, since I consider myself a beginner in the bodybuilder world I am unsure as to were to post. My knowledge however is past the beginner stage, or so I beleive, so I post here. Please feel free to move it to the other forum if you must.

I have an urge to to compete, and in doing so I realize that if I am to stand a fair chance on stage, I have to use a fair amount of juice aswell. I have done only 3 cycles previous to the one I am currently doing, and this one I dont plan to get off of. Not until I have been onstage a couple of times anyway.

I have searched through numerous threads about blasting and cruising, and they all advocate different approaches. I would like to get the opininon of the Elite.

I am aware of the dangers in doing this, and beeing on TRT for the rest of my life is the least of my concerns. So I seek advice on how to do this the safest way possible. How do you do it yourself? If your not on all the time, how do you cycle? Time on/off? Theese things I would like to hear about.

If there is any information on me that you need to know, in order to give advice proper, please ask.

The competition I am gunning for is in early 2011, and I need that time to put on weight and diet down for a status check, then take it from there.

So thats it, in general. Hoping for some professional input :)

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! Your first post made my day Rez! Mabey you should post up some pics so we can have some before shots, than we can see your climb to your pro card!! good luck!!:D

I think many that do this cruise and blast....8ish week blasts....but I can't advise you....and most people that do these kinds of this wont admit it

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! Your first post made my day Rez! Mabey you should post up some pics so we can have some before shots, than we can see your climb to your pro card!! good luck!!:D

Abit too much for a first post, aye? :)

Not intending to go pro, I am too old, but I would like to try out a few contests, tho' ;)

just ignore any negative comments you are likely to get simply bc its your 1st post and your asking about staying "on", and bc you started juicing within your first 2 years of serious training. could you of went about things i little better? sure, but that goes for most of us. at least you didnt start juicing at 18 yrs old.

i am almost 30 and have considered staying "on", as alot of guys think its better healthwise than the yoyo effect of cycling. ive done my best to find a definitive answer as to whether this is true or not, and as with most things in this sport there isnt one definitive answer. i would encourage you to think really hard about the decision to stay "on", and do some serious research. there is far more to consider than having to be on hrt for the rest of your life. also, it isnt necessary to do so to be competitive.

my advice is to look up a thread that DUSTY started on this board and read the whole thing....great info. also, if you can, hire one of the trainers on the board. im inclined to reccomend phil bc i know his price is reasonable and i usually like what he posts.

hope that helps....good luck.

damn, if i wasnt such an idiot with a computer i would link to the thread. just search "dusty" and the thread is called "im going to kick myself for doing this."

my hindsight

Man, i have been in your shoes before. asking myself the exact same question...
IF i could do it all over again i would have just cycled FOR SHOWS ONLY. to be honest i think that i would be as big as i am if i just cycled for shows only. instead, i "cruise" at a pseudo low dose and ramp up for shows.
BUT, i think if i got off i would lose some size of course but when i got back on i fully believe (and my experience has proved it to me) that my size would come back after a few months on juice (or even bigger).
there are alot of health concerns you have to constantly track and monitor when you cruise with or without a doctors supervision. its just needless maintenance all just to be big year round instead of just for a show.

just cycle for shows. test your test levels maybe 2 times a year and if they come back low then get a script. my 2 cents. i wish i had done that. -JS

Last edited:
J Smiles and ssdark1, thank you.

I have considered just juicing for a show also, and I am not planning on never coming off, but since I am all set on a couple of competitions in 2011, I figure I'd better just stay on until then, have a brake, do a couple of short cycles, and then have a break and the get ready for another competition.
Yes I know TRT is the least of concerns, but I have trouble finding doctors here that will even monitor my bloodwork. They claim they find it unethical ( nevermind how unethical it is not to tend to your patients safety), so I moderate myself, dosage-wise as best I can.

I am not a huge man, nor do I plan to become one, rather I want to stay at 90kg's approx in the of season, competing at about 80-85. Defenition and cuts are my goal, not sheer size :)

I'll look up that thread ;)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner