over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Staying positive through injury

kandaandm

Registered
So Monday 11/21 I get 30% range of motion on my leg braces. Monday will be 6 weeks from my quad and tendon reattachment surgery on both legs. I'm glad that I finally get to move my legs a little, but I'm finding it very difficult to remain positive.....The gym has always been an emotional outlet for me as I'm sure many of you feel, however, shrinking away and not being able to really train other then going to my complex's tiny gym with limited universal machine 2 or 3 times a week for the past few weeks has been barely gratifying in any manner.

More then anything, being trapped in leg braces and having to rely on others to take care of most of the things I'm responsible for is a complete mind fuck. For when you're overcoming injury and cooped up for 2-3 months or so, all you have is time just to sit and think over and over........and BIO my hats off to you because you are one tough dude to be able to withstand 16 months of recovery from multiple surgeries.

There are so many things I should be thankful for, but for some reason I can't get out of this funk of being stuck in my condo. It's not like a vacation where you just stay home and relax. As even when I get out...It's not as if I can enjoy myself due to the pain from being on my feet for long periods of time.

Hey guys....I know I'm ranting and this thread appears to be me saying "woes me", but just had to get it off my chest...Thanks for reading the ramblings of what goes through ones mind when overcoming surgeries and injury...Some days are tougher then others and this one is kicking my ass......Just needed to vent.

With all of that said....I'd like to remind everyone, if you're not a professional making a living off of it then stay away from 1-4 rep max lifts. Nobody is Superman and those kind of feats will only lead to injury...if not the day of...then somewhere down the road.

On a positive note--------------I hope anyone celebrating Thanksgiving on Thursday has a wonderful holiday!

You just went through a serious injury and are recovering, man. I think you are doing extremely well for someone in your position. Your remaining positive and hopeful, although it seems like sometimes things are really difficult for you. Everything will get better with time. Remember these two things and it might help you:

1.) Nothing is permanent, be it physical OR emotional states. You WILL heal, and you WILL be happier than you are now at some point. It could be in 10 days, it could be in 10 minutes, but your emotional state WILL change.

2.) We are of the nature to get sick and injured. Its a part of life. EVERYONE gets sick and injured at some point.

They might not help, but it sort of puts things into perspective.

You can heal from your injuries. My mother just got diagnosed with congestive heart failure, something that she can't really heal from. I would say be grateful that you are making a good recovery and that you have plenty of friends on here supporting you.

I look up to you for remaining positive and reaching out to the people here. It says a lot about the man you are. Seriously, give yourself a pat on the back.

You just went through a serious injury and are recovering, man. I think you are doing extremely well for someone in your position. Your remaining positive and hopeful, although it seems like sometimes things are really difficult for you. Everything will get better with time. Remember these two things and it might help you:

1.) Nothing is permanent, be it physical OR emotional states. You WILL heal, and you WILL be happier than you are now at some point. It could be in 10 days, it could be in 10 minutes, but your emotional state WILL change.

2.) We are of the nature to get sick and injured. Its a part of life. EVERYONE gets sick and injured at some point.

They might not help, but it sort of puts things into perspective.

You can heal from your injuries. My mother just got diagnosed with congestive heart failure, something that she can't really heal from. I would say be grateful that you are making a good recovery and that you have plenty of friends on here supporting you.

I look up to you for remaining positive and reaching out to the people here. It says a lot about the man you are. Seriously, give yourself a pat on the back.

Thanks for the insight. It helps put things in perspective.

I tore my Achilles about 10 years ago and had to go through surgery. The recovery and rehab was tough. During that time I set a goal for myself to start distance running. 1 year later I ran my first 10k and took 2nd in my age group.

Having that new goal game me something to focus on during the tough times.

I know how this feels. I haven't had any injuries....but I've been dealing with some serious stomach issue lately. Like once a week I'm down with vomiting and diahreah. Been working with my GI doc, but it makes it so hard to eat and train. I've lost a bunch of weight and its pretty depressing

I know how this feels. I haven't had any injuries....but I've been dealing with some serious stomach issue lately. Like once a week I'm down with vomiting and diahreah. Been working with my GI doc, but it makes it so hard to eat and train. I've lost a bunch of weight and its pretty depressing

Could it be Colitis or Crohn's?

Could it be Colitis or Crohn's?

Been scoped for both. I have been diagnosed with IBS. The docs current theory is that since I don't have a gallbladder, my liver is dumping excess bile in my stomach with putrifies and also inflames the lining of my stomach. It's called bile gastritis. I'm on meds for it and it's helped. But it's still happened twice while on them

been though elbow and shoulder injuries. Had to stop training upper body for a year. Kept protein high, did what I could, legs and abs. I shrunk some, not too bad , maintained muscle pretty well (I wasnt on anything back then)

You're only human! You're experiencing honest emotions. When all is said and done, this will be just a short moment in your life. I know that doesn't help you now but my point is that every day you're getting better and closer to being back to your old self.

I haven't trained in the last month and before that has been off and on for months. I'm in the same funk...not on anything and lost a good amount of weight. Once I get my neck issues figured out I know I'll be back...the stopping and starting really is the shits but thankfully, the weights will always be there.

Just know that the day will come when you're back to your former life!

Lots of good advice here. I have been dealing with issues myself and I remember feeling better when I read about others struggling because it made me feel that I was not alone in my struggle.

This is only temporary, it WILL get better. Right now your mind is playing tricks with you, making you feel worthless and like you are wasting your life away doing nothing. It is so important to stay positive as negative emotions will lead to catabolic substances (stress, kortisol) being formed in your body that will break you down physically and mentally. Depression lowers your immune system and will lead to worsening of the recouperation and being more succeptible to disease.

Muscle memory will bring you back so fast you will be amazed. The first 1-2 weeks will give you fullnes in your muscles because of the glycogen and water retention and then strength starts to come back. It'll be newbie gains all over again.

I was there twice this year. In May I was rushed to the hospital and had a tumor removed from my small intestines. Docs told me no training for 6-8 weeks, I started at 3. My whole body was scanned for more cancer and 3 months later my lymph nodes in my right armpit and pelvis were removed. Now I was not allowed to get my heart rate up at all until the body had found a way to redistribute the lymph fluid in other ways than the lymph nodes. No training for 7 weeks. It took me 4 weeks to be 80-90% back where I was at the gym. They had to remove my pectoralis minor to be able to get to the infected lymph nodes and my right pec looks half now but I still bench 90% of what I did before. My body looks like shit compared to before and I will probably never be able to compete if I ever wanted to but it's good enough to enjoy the gym and still look athletic.

It may feel frustrating for you now but things will work themselves out eventually. Stay positive, mate!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131