over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

STEROID SYMPOSIUM at Hofstra Law School, NY

I read about the symposium yesterday and commented how I would not be able to make it as that I had work that day, and to top it off I was bar tending that night. Anyway, at the bar, I strike up a conversation with a patron and we start discussing sports. Turns out he's a lawyer/sports writer/entertainment lawyer?? who claims to be deeply involved in the whole steroid ped debate. Honestly I thought he might be full of hot air, but he asked me to come around from behind the bar and showed me a picture of Clemens, Palmerio and McGuire swearing before congress and sure enough he was sitting in the audience in the background. I mention the symposium to him and he had no idea about it. He was not familiar with the names Dave Palumbo and Rick Collins, but his eyes lit up when I mentioned Gary Wadler. He went on to tell me how he was a friend of "Garys" and had his number programmed into his phone. Anyway he went on to tell me about the "devastating health effects" of steroids. Blamed steroids for the "rise of violence in professional sports", blamed steroids for Chris Benoit's suicide/murder binge and for basically "every time an NFL player smacks his wife or grabs a knife". Now I was at work so it was not the place to correct this gentleman, but honestly I was disgusted. Disgusted that someone who was so well educated could so blatantly misconstrue facts. The worst part was I believe that he believed everything he said. I politely mentioned that Chris Benoit was on a cocktail of drugs including pain killers, anti depressants and alcohol, but predictably, that was met with "all relating back to his steroid use". He told me his name and I did a quick google search. The other things we discussed checked out referring to his background in sports and entertainment, so I guess he's legit. It just pisses me off that someone who has got it this wrong, believes and fights so hard.

Was he a bald dude, pretty tall?

'Steroid cop' Novitzky quizzes Armstrong's ex-teammates - USATODAY.com

Hey bros, sorry to take so long to get back on this. Snuka yes that was me...you were the guy with the shaved head and tan shirt who had the day off work?

Not only was Wadler as ass...but so was Richard Pound, head of the World Doping Committe. He made one of the most ridiculous statements "the countless number of deaths from steroids suffered by WWE athletes"...
the good thing about this conference is that we could call guys out on bogus statements...I was raising my hand to comment on Pounds claim, but Mike Dimmaggio (a co-worker in Ricks law firm) beat me to it and asked him what athletes died and what evidence showed it was caused by steroids? Pound said the further panel speakers would answer questions like that. In other words...he had no fucking idea! Look...if youre head of the World Doping Committe, and this is part of your regular speech (the most outrageous statement made all day) than be prepared to qualify it! ASS HOLE! We also blew off the idea that steroids killed Taylor Hooten (Wadlers the head of the Taylor Hooten foundation) and that the kid was on SSRI anti depresants, which are proven in fact (and general common knowledge) to cause suicide in adolosences! The answer to the kids suicide is right before their eyes...but no wonder the father wants to blame steroids, or else he has to face the self guilt of knowing he paid for a prescriptions that killed his kid. The foundation is a good idea actually (a call to keep kids off steroids) but its based upon a complete mistruth and lie. Wadler was the most adamant anti-steroid speaker, and he was involved in some serious debates in the end. I personally was pleased that Rick called on me several times to comment...that why he asked me to attend. I was happy to speak and to make the point of comparing the medias coverage of issues involving Steroids in Sports, and legal issues that face the typical gym rat that seek cosmetic enhancment. I explained (this was near the end of the symposuim when the spirited debates were taking place) that everytime a huge public sports incident was hyped by the media, the laws changed in turn. After the 1988 Ben Johnson scandel, the 1990 Anabolic Steroid Control Act I was enacted...making them a schedule III drug. Then, right after the Balco and Baseball scandel, the 2004 Anabolic Steroid Control Act II was passed, changing the doseage units (making your typical user into a distributor) from 10ml or 50tabs = 1 dose; to 1ml or 1tab = 1 dose...and making prohormones illegal. So in effect...the actual athlete (i.e. baseball player) has never in history suffered a legal implication (lying to FEDs is always the charge) but the typical gym enthusiasts are legally prosecuted on a regular basis. The anti-steroid guys werent aware of it! They asked if guys actually went to jail and Rick and I adamantly said YES, and they were like ...'really???' Unbelievable. Dave Palumbo and Chris Bell were fantastic, and both cool guys. Wadler was, as expected, a dumbass old fart, by far the worst of the gang. Unfortunately, I dont see much exposure and therefore, no change in perception that the general public has of Steroid use...and little hope of change in political opinion or law changes :(

Last edited:
Hey bros, sorry to take so long to get back on this. Snuka yes that was me...you were the guy with the shaved head and tan shirt who had the day off work?

Not only was Wadler as ass...but so was Richard Pound, head of the World Doping Committe. He made one of the most ridiculous statements "the countless number of deaths from steroids suffered by WWE athletes"...
the good thing about this conference is that we could call guys out on bogus statements...I was raising my hand to comment on Pounds claim, but Mike Dimmaggio (a co-worker in Ricks law firm) beat me to it and asked him what athletes died and what evidence showed it was caused by steroids? Pound said the further panel speakers would answer questions like that. In other words...he had no fucking idea! Look...if youre head of the World Doping Committe, and this is part of your regular speech (the most outrageous statement made all day) than be prepared to qualify it! ASS HOLE! We also blew off the idea that steroids killed Taylor Hooten (Wadlers the head of the Taylor Hooten foundation) and that the kid was on SSRI anti depresants, which are proven in fact (and general common knowledge) to cause suicide in adolosences! The answer to the kids suicide is right before their eyes...but no wonder the father wants to blame steroids, or else he has to face the self guilt of knowing he paid for a prescriptions that killed his kid. The foundation is a good idea actually (a call to keep kids off steroids) but its based upon a complete mistruth and lie. Wadler was the most adamant anti-steroid speaker, and he was involved in some serious debates in the end. I personally was pleased that Rick called on me several times to comment...that why he asked me to attend. I was happy to speak and to make the point of comparing the medias coverage of issues involving Steroids in Sports, and legal issues that face the typical gym rat that seek cosmetic enhancment. I explained (this was near the end of the symposuim when the spirited debates were taking place) that everytime a huge public sports incident was hyped by the media, the laws changed in turn. After the 1988 Ben Johnson scandel, the 1990 Anabolic Steroid Control Act I was enacted...making them a schedule III drug. Then, right after the Balco and Baseball scandel, the 2004 Anabolic Steroid Control Act II was passed, changing the doseage units (making your typical user into a distributor) from 10ml or 50tabs = 1 dose; to 1ml or 1tab = 1 dose...and making prohormones illegal. So in effect...the actual athlete (i.e. baseball player) has never in history suffered a legal implication (lying to FEDs is always the charge) but the typical gym enthusiasts are legally prosecuted on a regular basis. The anti-steroid guys werent aware of it! They asked if guys actually went to jail and Rick and I adamantly said YES, and they were like ...'really???' Unbelievable. Dave Palumbo and Chris Bell were fantastic, and both cool guys. Wadler was, as expected, a dumbass old fart, by far the worst of the gang. Unfortunately, I dont see much exposure and therefore, no change in perception that the general public has of Steroid use...and little hope of change in political opinion or law changes :(

God, I love you! That s fukking awesome Mike!!! Glad they had somebody like yourself there to represent; sounds like it was a successful event regardless of the exposure.

Did Palumbo or one of his associates end up taping it afterall?

I wish Wadler would just....oh.....ahem, drop dead already or leave.

Thanks Mike!

BMJ

I'm glad they were called out on it in public . That's a great story

Dave didnt have associates there...he was asked by Rick to be on the Panel, they are good buds. Rick asked me to be on the panel as well, I dont really want the exposure as 'former steroid user'...because the panel member list was publisized.
Rick asked me to go to contribute as an audience member.
Rick will be getting DVDs made. It was a LONG day. Each panel member was allowed to speak, of which many were just boring, to be honest. Palumbo was great, he ws the most entertaining and animated. Pound and Wadler were horrible, and Im not just saying that because of their views.

Ha ha, nah it wasn't Notwitzkiy, I would have really gave it to that dude, what he is doing is disgusting. Wasted tens of millions of dollars on the crusades against....I mean cases against Bonds and Clemens, thats terrible, but nothing in comparison to what he is doing to Armstrong. An American who won multiple Tour de France's, overcame testicular cancer, and then went back there and won more. Oh yeah, and at the same time, raised HUNDREDS of millions of dollars for cancer research. The man has passed dozens if not hundreds of drug tests. The goverment should put the guy on a stamp to honor him as a great American hero, not prosecute him. I hate even saying prosecute....more like persecute.

God, I love you! That s fukking awesome Mike!!! Glad they had somebody like yourself there to represent; sounds like it was a successful event regardless of the exposure.

Did Palumbo or one of his associates end up taping it afterall?

I wish Wadler would just....oh.....ahem, drop dead already or leave.

Thanks Mike!

BMJ

Awesome job MikeS....I wish I could have attended, but seriously though, do you really think that these guys don't know that the regular gym rat has to turn to illegal means know to obtain steroids? They know, they just don't care!! These people don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. They advocate and perpetuate the laws that persecute people like me and you and many of the other people on this board and in the gym. They do it to make a name for themselves and to make money.

STREAMING VIDEO and other items on the symposium

**broken link removed**

Go to link down the page for the Video

Thanks Mike!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member