YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steroid trend on the rise with older men vs young adults?

Vision

Registered

Your thoughts on this topic..

Over the years with my involvement in AAS I seen the generation getting younger and younger and more reckless with the desire to use AAS at all cost to achieve and look bigger with younger adults,late teens..However, in the past 3-4 years I have witness a drastic shift in the ratio and age group when it pertains to "starting AAS use"..

More and more I'm seeing and hearing/learning that more men in their 40's and even mid to late 50's are taking up the anabolic craze, in search of youth,sex drive all while doing some pretty decent compounds at some considerable dosages..

I've met men who have had life long achievements, great success, careers, family and all, and are just NOW deciding to take the plunge into hormones outside of therapeutic treatment, in fact using multi compounds as if in their prime..

Tren, high test, vars, winny and even nandrolone are becoming common stacks for these older lions..

Aside from the health concerns, I'm supportive if this is the ultimate decision one makes after doing everything else in life and not much else to achieve, fuck it, why not get yoked like a young bloke? There's risks, and we can go all day with this, but that;'s not stopping the growing trend and ratio.. I can say in all honesty, I know more mature adult males who've taken the plunge, all or nothing and are looking like some fucking studs.. The mature mindset alone with the realization that research needs to be done, I'm seeing more success from these fellows compared to young "I want it NOW" kind or guys, compared to mature men who actually are doing the leg work to achieve goals..

Has anyone else noticed the shift in AAS usage with men in their 40-50's compared to young 20's?

Guilty

Guilty! I’m 59 and just finished my first cycle. I’ve been lifting, without many breaks, since my early 20s. I did some power lifting in the 90s. I don’t lift heavy anymore. I’ve had 2 shoulder surgeries, and had a hip replacement in March. I have a good foundational base and figured it was about time to go to the dark side.

For me it was about timing. I’m at a point now where I can cycle without worrying about the repercussions of getting busted. Before, I had young children, and a job with a high level security clearance, etc. If I got popped, I’d lose everything.

So I researched for years on the proper way to cycle, especially for an older man. Resources like PM were invaluable. Thanks everyone.

I did a 12 week cycle starting out with 300mg sus per week, and increased it to a little less the 500mg toward the end. Also 25 mg proviron per day. Anyone who says you can’t put on muscle past a certain age is full of shit. I’ve dropped to trt levels and will get blood work done every 3 to 4 months. I did bloods mid cycle and they were good. I’ll do a cycle or 2 per year for as long as I can, while staying healthy.

I would fall into this category. Started trt earlier this year and now added to it...

Yeah, the smart ones stop hitting the gas pedal in their 40s, and just continue to train hard and eat right. You'd be surprised how much you'll maintain and how good you'll look with just that.

An extra 20-30 lbs of bloat, fullness, and veins can cost you an early coffin at that age.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, the smart ones stop hitting the gas pedal in their 40s, and just continue to train hard and eat right. You'd be surprised how much you'll maintain and how good you'll look with just that.

An extra 20-30 lbs of bloat, fullness, and veins can cost you an early coffin at that age.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

How old are you?

Lots of guys searching for the fountain of youth and I understand it.

I did my first cycle after I started TRT. But that was 15 years ago after training naturally for almost 30 years. Giving up what you like to do and watching your abilities slide down hill is no fun. But ya can't be superman forever.

Started cycling at 39,will be 46 next week. Look better than I ever have .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Over the years with my involvement in AAS I seen the generation getting younger and younger and more reckless with the desire to use AAS at all cost to achieve and look bigger with younger adults,late teens..However, in the past 3-4 years I have witness a drastic shift in the ratio and age group when it pertains to "starting AAS use"..

More and more I'm seeing and hearing/learning that more men in their 40's and even mid to late 50's are taking up the anabolic craze, in search of youth,sex drive all while doing some pretty decent compounds at some considerable dosages..

I've met men who have had life long achievements, great success, careers, family and all, and are just NOW deciding to take the plunge into hormones outside of therapeutic treatment, in fact using multi compounds as if in their prime..

Tren, high test, vars, winny and even nandrolone are becoming common stacks for these older lions..

Aside from the health concerns, I'm supportive if this is the ultimate decision one makes after doing everything else in life and not much else to achieve, fuck it, why not get yoked like a young bloke? There's risks, and we can go all day with this, but that;'s not stopping the growing trend and ratio.. I can say in all honesty, I know more mature adult males who've taken the plunge, all or nothing and are looking like some fucking studs.. The mature mindset alone with the realization that research needs to be done, I'm seeing more success from these fellows compared to young "I want it NOW" kind or guys, compared to mature men who actually are doing the leg work to achieve goals..

Has anyone else noticed the shift in AAS usage with men in their 40-50's compared to young 20's?

The 20 year old YOLO generation are definitely out of control with the dosages and duration and this is directly linked to the you tube / social media explosion. In 10- 20 years, I am telling you, Jon Romano will have all the bodies he needs (mr. Where are the bodies? Steroids are safe.). We have never seen a time when so many young people have been so reckless with steroids. In the Golden era, it was a small niche community...now 20 year olds openly talk about their tren blasts in every gym I have been at recently. And the dosages are down right frightening. The problem is many get underdosed gear and think they really need 800mg + of tren for gainz. Then, they actually get properly dosed gear and it hits them hard. This is how heroin addicts OD. The get weak stuff then high potent or fentanyl laced heroin. Steroids won't kill you with the needle still in you like the above example, but over time it's killing you slowly. Think smoking.

With TRT being pushed on TV and the radio so much, it has brought many older men into cycling. I would say the older guys are being more conservative on the whole but you have some that are just as reckless as the 20 year old YOLO generation.

Last edited:

I couldn't agree with this more!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Professional Muscle mobile app

These dudes always remind me of Stephen Lang in Avatar. It seems more common in Posh gyms.

I'm not abusing or doing doing cycles, although will blast at higher levels of test 2 times per year. I'm 50 and actually WAITED to be my age before ever considering gear. Why? Because now that I'm on TRT, I'm already shut down, so why not?

I've been on TRT and HGH, with occasional HCG when I want my nut sack full. I use 1mg per week of arimidex and keep everything fine tuned. I eat 90% clean and train hard and have never looked or felt better. It's taken some tweaking, trial and error and probably will again, but I have no regrets. I keep my test around 900 and will blast 2-10 week cycles per year test only, for as long as I can. Cabergoline has been a god send for libido.

My ONLY issues thus far, is I have hair. I mean seriously thick wavy hair, number one thing the younger girls compliment me on. And it's finally starting to shed. I know it's the TRT. I've introduced RU58841 and it seems to have stopped or slowed it some.

I will fight age to the bitter end. I have not found the "fountain of youth" but I'm close. I feel and look great.

I say if you're 40 plus and looking at TRT, why the fuck not? It's the best time in life to play around a little and get things tuned in right. You can live from 40-65, feeling like you are in your 30's these days and only fool would not take responsible advantage of that. Key being, responsible!! You can fuck yourself up if you're not careful.

As a side note, I opted to go TRT, with natural levels at about 500. It just wasn;t working for me. I'm proactive and wanted to stay well ahead of the curve. No PCT for me, I'm just staying the course for life.

Last edited:
From what I seen most of the younger guys know the dangers associated with high levels of AAS. They just don't seem to care about it young and dumb I guess. The older guys I've met seem to have no clue about AAS and just go based on what somebody else told them. I know an older guy who runs dbol non-stop because according to him it makes his "boners rock-hard"

Last edited:
I think in general steroids are becoming a bit more popular, especially with the young adult age due to lots of internet presence, people getting a better understanding, and people wanting to be better looking due to social media.

It's definitely increasing for older men though, I've been noticing a lot more of those trt/hrt offices popping up here in so cal.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws