over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steroid use from 1965-70

Dezzy

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know several of us are interested in what bodybuilders took during the golden years of bodybuilding in the late 60's and 70's. Here it is, straight from and interview with the great Dave Draper himself:

T NATION | An Interview with the Blond Bomber

Between 1965 and 1970, a reasonable outline would consist of a 12-week cycle of Durabolin injectable, one cc per week, plus Winstrol, Anavar, or Dianabol in pill form, four to six tabs a day.

Levels would be higher or lower according to results, need, or the rascal's daring, ignorance, desperation, ingredient availability, mood, and so forth. Every six weeks during the non-competition season, a short and light cycle might be engaged to sustain muscle and strength.

how bout that pic of him on page 3, 63 yrs old :eek::eek::eek:

They sure didn't take much back then. He looks damn good in the pic on the last page at 63 years old.

He is well spoken and sounds like a very smart guy .

I get Drapers weekly email, and the Blond Bomber is truly one of the greats.

Drug use back then certainly was alot different than whats available today.

Bill Pearl got big using Nilevar.

Larry Scott was telling people he got big on just a few Dianabol and several Rheo H. Blair protein shakes daily.

Sergio himself when asked about anabolics said "i take the blue one for size(dianabol) and the red ones for contest (winnie)"

It was just like Dave said.

That is pretty much exactly what I was told by “them” back in the day.
Don’t recall ever hearing the word testosterone come up; that came
later on. Boy-oh-boy how things and changed. And so have the physiques.

There are some real pearls of wisdom in that interview. At the time I was
making frequent road trips to LA, I wanted to meet him very badly but our
paths never crossed, never did get to met Dave or talk with him. He seems
like a great guy, very introspective, philosophical; somebody the young uns’
could learn a thing or two from. But sadly, only such wisdom comes with age,
and when it comes, if it ever does, it’s then too late to turn back the hands
of time . . .

Thanks for posting the link Dezzy.

Anytime Alfresco. From the sounds of it you started lifting around that time. I love the way the guys looked during the golden age. Let me ask you this. When did testosterone become popular with bodybuilders, early 80's? And when did guys start using Anadrol? And lastly, do you think TEST IS CRITICAL TO EVERY CYCLE LIKE GUYS ARE SAYING NOW? OR IS IT JUST A TREND OR WHATS 'IN' RIGHT NOW?

I get Drapers weekly email, and the Blond Bomber is truly one of the greats.

Drug use back then certainly was alot different than whats available today.

Bill Pearl got big using Nilevar.

Larry Scott was telling people he got big on just a few Dianabol and several Rheo H. Blair protein shakes daily.

Sergio himself when asked about anabolics said "i take the blue one for size(dianabol) and the red ones for contest (winnie)"

did it ever occur to anyone that bodybuilders lied back then just like they all do today. every single one of them will say they use 10 times less crap than they actually use.

what makes older bodybuilders immune to the lying syndrome?

of course they didn't have all the things available that are around today, but they had the basics. when they say a few pills maybe its 20 or 30. 20 or 30 of several different things is quite a bit.

I read an article were he stated he had a cookie jar full of varoius AAS pills and he did not count them or anything and just took a hand full daily.

I read an article were he stated he had a cookie jar full of varoius AAS pills and he did not count them or anything and just took a hand full daily.

i read the same things about him and others such as arnold. they used mega doses of what was available back then just like pros today do

I only put down what i have heard.

People can and do lie.

Personally, i think the Draper interview is honest. Ive talked with Dave before and he tells it like it is.

The same with Pearl who was big on Nilevar. Ive talked with Bill many times, and hes a straight shooter.

Anybody else can say what they want. They can lie or tell the truth.

Unless you were there, and partaking with them - its anybodies guess.

I would be willing to bet though, that the dosages back then were MUCH lower then what is being used today.

Just my .02

No one is honest about their use that would down play the genetics thing. The only Pros that seem to be honest about their use now days are Big-A with his no bullshit posts and Bigkiwi and Heintz thies guys tell it like it is. The rest maybe you would get a dscgruntled Craig Titus tell all book but the rest and the cutting edge stuff the guys do now days forget it. Some use mega mega doses and some just super high doses etc but its their lively hood why would they give out their secrets. MM

Anyone listen to SUPERSTAR BILLY GRAHAMs interview on Rxmuscle...he said he took juice for 20 years and his saying back in the day was take steroids all day everyday...good interview to listen to

No one is honest about their use that would down play the genetics thing. The only Pros that seem to be honest about their use now days are Big-A with his no bullshit posts and Bigkiwi and Heintz thies guys tell it like it is. The rest maybe you would get a dscgruntled Craig Titus tell all book but the rest and the cutting edge stuff the guys do now days forget it. Some use mega mega doses and some just super high doses etc but its their lively hood why would they give out their secrets. MM

this post by Big A was an all time favorite of mine

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/53353-so-sick-heres-truth.html

he ends any debate, arguements and opionions with a matter of fact this is reality post

I have never understood this big "lust job" over what pro's take. who the fuck cares, juice your brains out if u think thats what they do and lets see some of you people get a pro card or become mr. olympia. Damn if it were only that easy :rolleyes:

everytime a pro tell what they take everyone calls bullshit, well take what they said x2 or x4 and see if you can get to that size and get a card... YEA RIGHT! :naughty:

I have never understood this big "lust job" over what pro's take. who the fuck cares, juice your brains out if u think thats what they do and lets see some of you people get a pro card or become mr. olympia. Damn if it were only that easy :rolleyes:

everytime a pro tell what they take everyone calls bullshit, well take what they said x2 or x4 and see if you can get to that size and get a card... YEA RIGHT! :naughty:

i would say, due the massive number of posts/ threads about what the pros are taking, that many people do care.

our understanding or lack of understanding for their reason does not alter their beliefs

So everyone lies....the consensus is nobody tells the truth. So i can take it to the bank that every single one of you guys who have left posts on this board about what you were doing juicewise was lying their ass off.....

So just to clarify the following is true correct?

a) All you guys on this board, on every board, top ams, pro's whatever are bullshit artists and not to believed no matter what you say you take? So pretty much stop reading any post on juice because hell its bullshit? Wow that sucks, I had a little more faith in some of you guys on this board that you were standup individuals but i guess it was all for naught.

b) Anybody who is bigger and better than you must be taking shitloads more than you? What about all the guys on these boards who are smaller and crappier bodybuilders than you are? That means now your the guy who lies and abuses himself correct?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws