over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steroids and Cancer

Reading this thread wasn't the way I should have began my day. Now you've got me all worried about cancer. I don't have any relatives who made it past 67, no aunts, uncles, parents or grandparents. All of them smokers. Mothers side of the family all died of cancers, fathers side had heart issues. I'm probably going to die from one or the other. Strange enough my father and his two brothers all had heart attacks at 60. My mother and her 3 sisters all passed from cancer in their 40s or early 50s.
You'd think I'd have rethought my AAS use years ago, guess I'm just stubborn.

If steroids is a huge cause of cancer we're all fucked because theres alotttttt of juicers now and days.

Last edited:
Food also is a big one especially now days. Especially bodybuilders eating more meat and other foods with GMO's and pesticides than the average person. One can only think. Unless you eat all organic. Just my own theory of course. No doubt there are other things that people factor in that are more detrimental to your health such as AAS and all that stuff but I honestly feel food is a huge role and since its always put on a back burner health wise, people never change it until its to late.

I try to keep everything in moderation now. I dont blast gear..cycles once a year with low dose test. I dont pound food all day like i used to. I utilize fasting most mornings, i eat a ton of spinach and broccoli, incoporate greens/fruit supps, try to do cardio year round, dont drink much, never smoke, no more fast food joints, and get plenty of sleep.

Either way i think its mostly genetic with a small portion of lifestyle.

Last edited:
Not sure why all you guys are freaking out so much. People have been juicing since the 50's and we're not hearing much about cancer problems from the majority. Many bodybuilders are still around today cancer free.

Its heart and circulation issues that all of you should be most worried about. That's what is most common as far as health concerns go. Then liver and kidney issues. Cancer is up for debate. Most of the time its only ignorant people who don't know anything about AAS that usually bring up cancer issues. The ones who don't do any research themselves and instead get brainwashed by the media.

Like Lyle Alzado. There is no proof AAS caused his issues. HGH may have accelerated his predisposition to cancer. That's basically it. No I'm not speaking in absolutes anything is possible but if you are aware of the facts and science behind things then a safe theory would be that he was going to get it anyways. Regardless if he took any PED's. But the media used him as propaganda for the "anti steroid campaign" or whatever the fuck you wanna call it. There are also theories he had AIDs but I'm not going to get into that

If you're predisposed to certain cancers then watch out when taking HGH. Or if you're predisposed to prostate cancer then watch your estrogen and DHT levels. Etc etc etc.

This whole thing is being blown out of proportion IMO and you guys are freaking out over something that is not worth freaking out over. We should all expect to get some sort of cancer regardless of whether or not we're using. Every human being in a first world country should expect cancer unless they are living a drastically different lifestyle than the current norm.

Stop giving yourselves a cortisol response and take a step back. Do your research. Know what you are taking. Get blood work. Be responsible. Use, don't abuse. On top of that load up on the real good antioxidants and watch your diet like I said before. You do that and I'm sure you'll feel better and live just as long as everyone else. Your overall quality of life will be better than everyone else anyways since there is such a horrible low testosterone problem nowadays.

maybe im just the weird one... but this thread doesn't give me a moment of pause..

but then again.. no cancer/diabetes/heart disease in either side of my family.

guess I lucked out.

My final thoughts on all the recent talk about cancer and gear is this: Live one day at a time and be happy to be in the moment. I can't worry about tomorrow because with today's society you could be in the wrong place at the wrong time and your gone.

Also I believe that diet is key along with certain supp while on gear. Take every preventive action you can and be smart about how you cycle and how much. With all that being said I am going to watch a nice movie tonight with my Mrs. and my two daughters and enjoy the moment.

Not sure why all you guys are freaking out so much. People have been juicing since the 50's and we're not hearing much about cancer problems from the majority. Many bodybuilders are still around today cancer free.

Its heart and circulation issues that all of you should be most worried about. That's what is most common as far as health concerns go. Then liver and kidney issues. Cancer is up for debate. Most of the time its only ignorant people who don't know anything about AAS that usually bring up cancer issues. The ones who don't do any research themselves and instead get brainwashed by the media.

Like Lyle Alzado. There is no proof AAS caused his issues. HGH may have accelerated his predisposition to cancer. That's basically it. No I'm not speaking in absolutes anything is possible but if you are aware of the facts and science behind things then a safe theory would be that he was going to get it anyways. Regardless if he took any PED's. But the media used him as propaganda for the "anti steroid campaign" or whatever the fuck you wanna call it. There are also theories he had AIDs but I'm not going to get into that

If you're predisposed to certain cancers then watch out when taking HGH. Or if you're predisposed to prostate cancer then watch your estrogen and DHT levels. Etc etc etc.

This whole thing is being blown out of proportion IMO and you guys are freaking out over something that is not worth freaking out over. We should all expect to get some sort of cancer regardless of whether or not we're using. Every human being in a first world country should expect cancer unless they are living a drastically different lifestyle than the current norm.

Stop giving yourselves a cortisol response and take a step back. Do your research. Know what you are taking. Get blood work. Be responsible. Use, don't abuse. On top of that load up on the real good antioxidants and watch your diet like I said before. You do that and I'm sure you'll feel better and live just as long as everyone else. Your overall quality of life will be better than everyone else anyways since there is such a horrible low testosterone problem nowadays.

Good post and i agree with 90% of what you said especially about cardiovascular issues are the biggest deal as most bodybuilders dont understand how bad dropping your HDL into the single digits can be and what affect a jacked up BP can have.

I also agree that the media does have propaganda, where they exaggerate things especially "roid rage".

I also agree that we pretty much will all have cancer if we live long enough. Its just whether or not it kills you.

Now there is a link between sometimes of tumors like adenomas and steroids. Thats a given. Its also a given that hepatotoxic drugs when used in larger quantitites for extended periods of time OR repeatedly can induce regenerative nodules in your liver. Now that is a normal response but unfortuantely they can turn dysplastic and then into HCC in some people.

What i sort of mentioned before but not really is that many of the things people are concerned about are preventable by not being retarded with your use.

1. Hepatic adenomas: How many people on here are controlling their estrogen? Oh your using arimidex on your test cycle which is over HRT levels...congrats that means you probably dont know the different between E1 and E2 or you got it from a post on elite from the early 2000's when people didnt really know better. You need to be using letro or even better would be aromasin. And keep your doses LOW. What the hell is wrong with people running grams a week if your not gonna make a living from this. All your doing is rolling the dice and then expect physicians to save you from yourself after you decide you were wrong and now want to be healthy again only after you have caused all this damage

2. Look up the cardiac remodeling effects of things like nandrolone etc. You need to be on an ACEi or an ARB to prevent this. Too many guys are dropping like flies from heart issues.

3. Why are you using those orals? Because their fun?? Stop acting like your 18 and only care about immediate satisfaction. They are causing liver issues and dropping your HDL. But i guess you dont care because your told " its only temporary". Yea well guess what...i bet you havent dont just one cycle and now its adding up. Yes you can use orals but only maybe once a year for a few weeks and id add it to the end of the cycle that way your HDL isnt crushed the whole time your on as being on gear may prevent the HDL rebound even after you come off the orals.

4. Kidneys: Look up glomerulosclerosis and AAS. Yea...bet ya didnt see that coming. Some of the stuff your taking may direct cause kidney damage so need it lower dose and limit your time on. USE AAS as a tool. Also keep your BP in check. By in check i mean under 130 systolic and 85 diastolic while on. The ACEi and ARB which you should be taking for your heart should help with that as well.

5. Cardio: Its not just a summer thing. Do it for your health.

6. UG labs: How are those heavy metals tasting? Wait ...you really didnt know that MANY UG labs stuff is contaminated? If any of you ever spent time in a lab you know about the process. Well most of the UG labs out there are probably getting their stuff from an unregulated process from china. IF you have a good lab they sent their stuff out for test. But i bet almost none of them checked for contamination they only checked for active drugs. How many health issues do you think you are causing by injecting that stuff... i can only imagine. So while that test your injecting might not be causing you any issues it bet the build up off the other crap in your system will. Now dont go bother emailing your sources and asking them. IM sure they will all claim they only get the bests stuff and it always checked out ok...but in reality most UG labs are from people who are into lifting, found a source online and thought they could make some money and dont give a crap if its contaminated with sometihng that could cause you issues 20 years from now. Moral of the story...go HG or make damn sure your lab can prove that they test for that stuff regularly. Once when they first started doesnt mean crap.

Ok, i have no idea how much I just typed and rambled on about.. not even sure if this made any sense lol

As a cancer survivor I have gone down this path many times in my thoughts. Basically everything Serotonin has stated is spot on to my beliefs on the subject. It's pretty public knowledge that something like only 5-10% cancer causes is genetic(don't quote me on that though) it would be very nice to hear some medical experts opinions/thoughts, diet, supps and lifestyle.

I think what Sero and Gotgame said was right on point.

And I will add, when I asked my oncologist if there were any known links between my HRT and my cancer, she told me no, there were no known contraindications. She said she was much more concerned with cardiovascular issues with HRT, especially as men age.

Do we see more cancer now? Yes, but its because people live much longer than they did many years ago and its normal for DNA damage to accumulate as we age. As I stated before, 75% of new adult cancers diagnosed are on people aged 60 and above. If you live long enough, something will get you. If not cancer, it will be cardiovascular issues. Those are the two biggies statistically. The human body does not live forever.

Good post and i agree with 90% of what you said especially about cardiovascular issues are the biggest deal as most bodybuilders dont understand how bad dropping your HDL into the single digits can be and what affect a jacked up BP can have.

I also agree that the media does have propaganda, where they exaggerate things especially "roid rage".

I also agree that we pretty much will all have cancer if we live long enough. Its just whether or not it kills you.

Now there is a link between sometimes of tumors like adenomas and steroids. Thats a given. Its also a given that hepatotoxic drugs when used in larger quantitites for extended periods of time OR repeatedly can induce regenerative nodules in your liver. Now that is a normal response but unfortuantely they can turn dysplastic and then into HCC in some people.

What i sort of mentioned before but not really is that many of the things people are concerned about are preventable by not being retarded with your use.

1. Hepatic adenomas: How many people on here are controlling their estrogen? Oh your using arimidex on your test cycle which is over HRT levels...congrats that means you probably dont know the different between E1 and E2 or you got it from a post on elite from the early 2000's when people didnt really know better. You need to be using letro or even better would be aromasin. And keep your doses LOW. What the hell is wrong with people running grams a week if your not gonna make a living from this. All your doing is rolling the dice and then expect physicians to save you from yourself after you decide you were wrong and now want to be healthy again only after you have caused all this damage

2. Look up the cardiac remodeling effects of things like nandrolone etc. You need to be on an ACEi or an ARB to prevent this. Too many guys are dropping like flies from heart issues.

3. Why are you using those orals? Because their fun?? Stop acting like your 18 and only care about immediate satisfaction. They are causing liver issues and dropping your HDL. But i guess you dont care because your told " its only temporary". Yea well guess what...i bet you havent dont just one cycle and now its adding up. Yes you can use orals but only maybe once a year for a few weeks and id add it to the end of the cycle that way your HDL isnt crushed the whole time your on as being on gear may prevent the HDL rebound even after you come off the orals.

4. Kidneys: Look up glomerulosclerosis and AAS. Yea...bet ya didnt see that coming. Some of the stuff your taking may direct cause kidney damage so need it lower dose and limit your time on. USE AAS as a tool. Also keep your BP in check. By in check i mean under 130 systolic and 85 diastolic while on. The ACEi and ARB which you should be taking for your heart should help with that as well.

5. Cardio: Its not just a summer thing. Do it for your health.

6. UG labs: How are those heavy metals tasting? Wait ...you really didnt know that MANY UG labs stuff is contaminated? If any of you ever spent time in a lab you know about the process. Well most of the UG labs out there are probably getting their stuff from an unregulated process from china. IF you have a good lab they sent their stuff out for test. But i bet almost none of them checked for contamination they only checked for active drugs. How many health issues do you think you are causing by injecting that stuff... i can only imagine. So while that test your injecting might not be causing you any issues it bet the build up off the other crap in your system will. Now dont go bother emailing your sources and asking them. IM sure they will all claim they only get the bests stuff and it always checked out ok...but in reality most UG labs are from people who are into lifting, found a source online and thought they could make some money and dont give a crap if its contaminated with sometihng that could cause you issues 20 years from now. Moral of the story...go HG or make damn sure your lab can prove that they test for that stuff regularly. Once when they first started doesnt mean crap.

Ok, i have no idea how much I just typed and rambled on about.. not even sure if this made any sense lol

Wow...that was humbling to say the least.

We have some really bright minds on this forum. Have steroids been linked to any particular cancers? Should people who have a family history of cancer (prostate, breast, ovarian, skin, and colon) avoid steroids?

I am personally a little spooked as of late. I have a relative with prostate cancer, that spread to the bone and he is on limited time.

I am in my 40's and will take a break and clean out for while. Once cleaned out, I am going for my physical, prostate, and colon checkup. Cancer runs on my mothers side.

What say the crowd here?
The one thing I would like to add is this. Ask your urologist how many men does he treat for prostate cancer that do NOT take AAS or testosterone. I am willing to bet his numbers come back over ten to one, I would even bet more like 20 or 30 to one. The original study done back in the late fifties or early sixties used something like four men, two who were castrated and one that had cancer. It was an unbelievably flawed study that tied high testosterone to prostate cancer. It was largely debunked by a Harvard Urologist. And he even explains why once you have prostate cancer that chemically castrating you lowers your PSA. There is ALWAYS a rebound and they have to do something else. The thinking is now the inbalance between test/estrogen. As you get older your estrogen goes high and test goes low. I actually went on trt to LOWER my chance of prostate cancer as it is in my family. Will it work? We will see. What I can tell you is I have been on since my mid 40's, I am now 54 and I am on 200mg/wk. My brother age 57 has every other health issue as I. BP, stomach, cholesterol.....but he is not taking trt. He developed prostate cancer back in his early 50's and has been monitoring it. His prostate is scheduled to come out this June. My PSA is in the low 1's, I go to a urologist once a year, my inflammation number is for my arteries is almost zero and I go to a cardiologist once a year and have had a nuclear stress test done that shows no blockages in my head or upper body even though my cholesterol is what they consider high.

My uncle is battling prostate cancer at 55. He had gyno surgery back in the 70s when he was a teen and has obvious signs of high estro and low test.

My dad (hos brother) is 10 years older and no signs of any issues. But my dad doesn't have the estro features and has more masculine build, beard growth etc...

Just an observation.

The one thing I would like to add is this. Ask your urologist how many men does he treat for prostate cancer that do NOT take AAS or testosterone. I am willing to bet his numbers come back over ten to one, I would even bet more like 20 or 30 to one. The original study done back in the late fifties or early sixties used something like four men, two who were castrated and one that had cancer. It was an unbelievably flawed study that tied high testosterone to prostate cancer. It was largely debunked by a Harvard Urologist. And he even explains why once you have prostate cancer that chemically castrating you lowers your PSA. There is ALWAYS a rebound and they have to do something else. The thinking is now the inbalance between test/estrogen. As you get older your estrogen goes high and test goes low. I actually went on trt to LOWER my chance of prostate cancer as it is in my family. Will it work? We will see. What I can tell you is I have been on since my mid 40's, I am now 54 and I am on 200mg/wk. My brother age 57 has every other health issue as I. BP, stomach, cholesterol.....but he is not taking trt. He developed prostate cancer back in his early 50's and has been monitoring it. His prostate is scheduled to come out this June. My PSA is in the low 1's, I go to a urologist once a year, my inflammation number is for my arteries is almost zero and I go to a cardiologist once a year and have had a nuclear stress test done that shows no blockages in my head or upper body even though my cholesterol is what they consider high.

Thanks so much for this post. It kind of relates to my story. Also thanks to brick and gotgame for their posts on this subject also.

Prostate cancer runs very high in my family. Last year I tested positive and had my prostate removed. I was on trt for about the last five years. And about twice a year I would bump it up and add in some other AAS as well and also some orals. My Dr. said trt wasn't going to cause cancer but If I tested positive I would have to stop because androgens can so call feed the cancer. When I tested positive I stopped all AAS use. Deep down I thought that my AAS use did cause the cancer. Then I called my cousin who is my age to tell him just FYI I tested positive. He said he hasn't gotten tested and he will in the near future. Well he did and he tested positive for prostate cancer. And he's never done any kind of AAS, I know that for sure. So now I'm thinking it was going to happen to me no matter what. So now seven months after prostate removal my PSA has been 0. As of lately I've been feeling a very low depression, no energy, no libido, low testosterone feeling. I told my urologist, I don't know weather to come see you or see a psychiatrist. He said let me try to help you first, I'll tell you when to see a psychiatrist. Lol. I got it tested and it was low about 250 so my Dr. put me back on trt. I was sort of worried at first, then I thought about it, I would rather live 10 great years than 20 by just existing. My wife even said , you need to live for today. It made me think about her dad. God bless him. He had prostate cancer, had it removed and died of a massive heart attack 8 months later. So here I'm worried if I'm gonna die of cancer and I'm completely capable of dying of a heart attack or something else as well. Reading all of your input is very helpful. And a lot of what you guys post is exactly on point with what my urologist says. Thanks. Great thread !!!

I think the increased risk of cancer from aas is legitimate, but negligible.

However GH is a different story. It doesn't cause cancer, but it can stimulate the growth of dormant cancers. The problem lies in that every human being has ubiquitous dormant cancerous or pre-cancerous cells.

GH is fucking magical, but it is not without risk.

Just my 2 cents,

-hungry

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member