over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steroids and Dementia

Do you feel steroids affected your cognitive ability?

• Yes

• No

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

UseButDontAbuse

Registered
I have been studying about correlations of steroid use (or abuse, despite my username) and dementia, namely Alzheimer and i am really afraid i could suffer from this in future.

I feel that after 10 years of long use of steroids my brain is not the same anymore: i forget often, it's harder to think and i am always depressed.

I am software engineer and i find really difficult to perform on my job, it's really hard to be on the computer all the day trying to understand new technologies, algorithms and i find it really hard to learn.

I have have story of party drug abuse (cocaine and MDMA) but i don't use anymore, i am clean. Last 2 years i was also on medications for depression, but i am quitting these medications for good.

With 31 years old and after competing in bodybuilding and have a lot of parties i am really focused in just being healthy, being lean and focus on my career, however i will need to use steroids for the rest of my life since i have been using nonstop since 2010...

I had to let it out, thanks for reading and please feel free to share your stories.

Please see the following article: https://www.mcleanhospital.org/news...use-can-lead-significant-brain-structural-and

Have you had thyroid labs lately? Untreated hypothyroidism gave me those same symptoms. You are too young to already be having the onset of dementia.

I'm 37 been using since mid 20s. Mainly TRT but quite a few blasts since I'm too much of a dumbass to realize my genetics are shit lol.

I think steroids have made me sharper and more cunning in business. I think this relates mainly to my "drive"/motivation.

Have you had thyroid labs lately? Untreated hypothyroidism gave me those same symptoms. You are too young to already be having the onset of dementia.
I had in July. 2.90mUI/L for TSH and 9.3ng/L for FT4 , so they are on the normal range.

I'm 37 been using since mid 20s. Mainly TRT but quite a few blasts since I'm too much of a dumbass to realize my genetics are shit lol.

I think steroids have made me sharper and more cunning in business. I think this relates mainly to my "drive"/motivation.

Thanks for sharing your story.

I have been on (heavily) for most of my adult life. I have scaled back (dosage wise) the past several years, primarily due to age. I can't say I have noticed any negative cognitive effects at all. I am still at the top of my profession and been climbing the ladder most of my life. I am nearly 50 now. Still feel mental clarity and good focus.

On the other hand.... my father never touched PED's and had a dementia diagnosis by age 52. Has there been definitive links between PED's and cognitive issues that weren't caused by other factors? Things like high impact traumatic brain injury, etc?

I had in July. 2.90mUI/L for TSH and 9.3ng/L for FT4 , so they are on the normal range.

Thanks for sharing your story.

A couple points; the TSH normal range is very wide and controversial where some MD's suggest that 2.5 should be the upper limit as many that are hypothyroid are missed with the current upper limit. Secondly, what is your FT3? While the FT4 is normal, there could be a problem converting to T3 that you won't know without that value. I'm not suggesting that there is a thyroid issue; just that you are still missing an important piece of the puzzle to completely dismiss.

I voted yes because I'm definitely not as sharp anymore as I used to be and I do attribute that partly to my PED-usage.

Tren is probably going to be the worst in this regard, you can just feel it doing a number on your brain when you're on it.

I'm in software too but haven't noticed any long term cognitive effects. Any time I have trouble concentrating, it's usually due to a lack of sleep or some relationship drama. Or because I have to read some technical documentation that is just too goddamn boring. I'd look to improve your sleep patterns if necessary, and then look into some nootropics if that doesn't help.

A couple points; the TSH normal range is very wide and controversial where some MD's suggest that 2.5 should be the upper limit as many that are hypothyroid are missed with the current upper limit. Secondly, what is your FT3? While the FT4 is normal, there could be a problem converting to T3 that you won't know without that value. I'm not suggesting that there is a thyroid issue; just that you are still missing an important piece of the puzzle to completely dismiss.

I will need to check my FT3.

I voted yes because I'm definitely not as sharp anymore as I used to be and I do attribute that partly to my PED-usage.

Tren is probably going to be the worst in this regard, you can just feel it doing a number on your brain when you're on it.

I agree with you.
You should read about NAD
What is IT?

Sounds like you abused your body/mind in multiple ways dude.....

Thanks for stating the obvious. That's the reason i posted here, maybe some of you can help me with some advices to get back to a better place.

I'm in software too but haven't noticed any long term cognitive effects. Any time I have trouble concentrating, it's usually due to a lack of sleep or some relationship drama. Or because I have to read some technical documentation that is just too goddamn boring. I'd look to improve your sleep patterns if necessary, and then look into some nootropics if that doesn't help.

My sleep needs to improve, that is a fact.

I will need to check my FT3.

I agree with you.

What is IT?

Thanks for stating the obvious. That's the reason i posted here, maybe some of you can help me with some advices to get back to a better place.

My sleep needs to improve, that is a fact.

Well the point I was making is that it doesn’t make sense to pinpoint steroids as the cause of your issues considering all the dumb shit you have done.

Key is to stay away from compounds like tren that exhibit neurotoxic effects

Have periods of normalization (proper TRT for most guys), sleep properly

Things like fish oil, magnesium, Vit D; should all be part of one's daily regimen

There's no bloodwork to check NT irregularities, and unless you had a pre AAS baseline, even a PET scan won't illustrate changes in brain activity. Prob something that should be talked about more; especially in the coming generations that have some of the highest diagnosis rates for mental health issues

Steroids certainly won't help those issues

Correlation doesnt equal causation.

Some of you sound like my first couple gfs lol. Any perceived negative reaction or anything was, "because you're on cycle."
No, there are a TON of other things we do...and that's not even talking about genetic dispositions or family history.

Even with the negative wrap tren has got on brain tissue, we are STILL waiting for those 90's dudes to croak before we can truly know anything.

Yes, superphysiological doses of steroids change the structure-function of the brain, and with aging this also accelerates age-related dysfunction.
I'm gonna say something somewhat insensitive here. If you've got a brain worth saving, then use it for such a purpose. No practicing doctor can help you in these regards unless you can pay him/her to be your personal doctor on call like a shadow by your side.

Correlation doesnt equal causation.

Some of you sound like my first couple gfs lol. Any perceived negative reaction or anything was, "because you're on cycle."
No, there are a TON of other things we do...and that's not even talking about genetic dispositions or family history.

Even with the negative wrap tren has got on brain tissue, we are STILL waiting for those 90's dudes to croak before we can truly know anything.

I think this is a fair point

Just the response psychologically to something like tren has a lot of variance. And while the amygdala is an AR dense region of the brain, why some guys are laid back while others homicidal on the drug is still a bit of mystery

Maybe a 30 year old grown man with concrete brain development will be less exhibitive of these issues compared to a 19-20 year old with greater NP, and a developing brain that takes 600 mgs for a physique competition

It's that old psychology adage; what is trauma to a young man is life to a grown one

My .02, not at all. They have helped me and my father in business to have more energy and drive.
Neither of us use Tren, that the one IMO would be the worst as it hits your CNS hard and releases high amounts of norepinephrine which is proven to be neurotoxic if there is too much in your brain.

Test, var, primo, gh, zero issues and no negative mental effects.
Tren, something that can alter your mind that bad for some people should be a red flag.
Just my opinion.

When I got back on in my late 30s I noticed a definite improvement in my cognition.
I'm no fan of tren, which has the most research on negative neurological impact, but a moderate dose of testosterone is a game changer, especially if your levels are lower than normal.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws