over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steroids and Meps?

drpepper2135

Newbies
Military guys....i have a buddy trying to enlist into army hes bout 5 weeks into a test cyp and prop cycle do they test for steroids or anything like that at meps and if so what would be best protocol to get levels bac to baseline

Best bet is not to be a dumbass and think about things before hand. I pissed in a cup at meps if that helps your question.

Last edited:
Yes you give a urine sample but also remember per the UCMJ article 112a steroids ARE illegal.

I'd tell him to not be using gear if he is joining the military. You pee in a cup at meps. If he plans on joining an elite unit and needs gear to get there, he is in the wrong occupation. It's all bodyweight stuff throughout and heavy pack carrying, requires way more mental strength than physical. Tell him NO

Going to boot during PCT ought to be a splendid time! :banghead:

You don't eat enough, you run all day, you'll lose a shit ton of muscle while there. He's literally wasting gear. Get off, pct go to meps and ship.

Ya.. pretty much gotta drop and pct.. if try to take anything in other than brand name OTC medication like advil or benadryl etc it could be considered contraband upon search and are SOL besides even the longest ester test undeconate if u can obtain it still wont stay in your system long enough to get thru.. chances are after make it thru basic get ship out before try to restock so fucked either way... so basically just start running ED and pct'ing

MEPs does NOT test for steroids. So from the time he hits MEPs till his ship date, he'll need to get off 100% and be back to being natural. Even though it's the army, there is some PT I assume, in between eating ice cream and walking around with their hands in their pockets, nasty.

Once he gets out of bootcamp, MOS school, hits his duty station, he can think about getting back on gear. Plenty of guys use gear in the military. Especially now since it's damn near peace time, and deployments are few and far between; depending on MOS.

MEPs does NOT test for steroids. So from the time he hits MEPs till his ship date, he'll need to get off 100% and be back to being natural. Even though it's the army, there is some PT I assume, in between eating ice cream and walking around with their hands in their pockets, nasty.

Once he gets out of bootcamp, MOS school, hits his duty station, he can think about getting back on gear. Plenty of guys use gear in the military. Especially now since it's damn near peace time, and deployments are few and far between; depending on MOS.

Yeah I did some extensive research on this and you are totally right. The only time you'll ever get tested is if someone throws you under the bus. Same with police and fire. I don't know if I'd want to be post pct in boot camp though. I'd give myself a little time to get back to normal.

Yeah they don't test, but he'd be smart to drop before basic, run pct and try to reach homeostasis. I had buddy's of mine that went through basic coming off a cycle with no pct (notice I didn't say he was smart).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

They do not test for juice at meps. I was geared out when I went to meps. I got off during boot camp bc I was too scared of them finding it. I got back on during AIT and have been on since. Done plenty of urine tests and never come up positive. Your good to go, so don't worry about it. One thing of advice, don't go airborne. I'm in the 82nd and it sucks dick. I just wish I went to be a dirty ass pog leg. Lol

Yeah I did some extensive research on this and you are totally right. The only time you'll ever get tested is if someone throws you under the bus. Same with police and fire. I don't know if I'd want to be post pct in boot camp though. I'd give myself a little time to get back to normal.

99 % of the time fire never draws blood unless you test for a big dept a knew a guy who made it to the end of testing after a year with a very large department and got booted because his bloods were wack. He was a few months after his PCT but they didnt wanna chance him as a candidate. If I remember right I thought I had my blood drawn at boot but that was 9 years ago my memory is a little foggy.

Was in for 22 years and took roids on and off my whole career. I was never busted on a regular piss test. As someone said, they need reasonable suspicion before they can test you for steroids. And it is too expensive to just test people unless they are pretty sure your on it.

Was in for 22 years and took roids on and off my whole career. I was never busted on a regular piss test. As someone said, they need reasonable suspicion before they can test you for steroids. And it is too expensive to just test people unless they are pretty sure your on it.
From what i heard for a couple unlucky souls who got dimed out in past to warrant such response it needs to get pretty high up the chain of command too for a tesing order to actually come down..

Like everyone else said...no test for steroids at MEPS.
He'll be fine.

He will get tested at his unit though, I did testing and certain substances can and will show up on the rotating table, so yes you may get through meps and yes you may get through a urinalysis, but is it worth the UCMJ if you do get caught. Say what you like but I think there is a disconnect here when encouraging this going in as it is obviously against UCMJ. Granted everyone likely at some point has broken it, is that the mesage we are trying to send to future soldiers? that it's okay? No get off them and get back when you can safely and not risk your career, use your head.

besides if needed you can get hrt in the service.

Last edited:
Everyone else seems to be saying differently so I may be wrong and you may want to google it. But as far as meps testing goes I thought a random small percentage actually did get tested for it. Theres different rules for testing once you actually in though.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131