over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steroids cycles in 1984

warlock

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I found this information interesting:

350-750 mg Primobolan a week, 100 mg nandrolone decanoate a week and 40 mg stanozolol a day: that was the typical steroids cycle for a Dutch bodybuilder in the early 1980s. By today's standards these are tiny doses, but according to the sports physician who supervised the bodybuilder this schedule was pretty effective. And pretty safe.

John IJzerman
Sports physician John IJzerman was a pioneer in the Netherlands. Between 1984 and 2011 several hundred steroids users, bodybuilders, power-lifters and free-fighters visited his practice every year. They came for advice and check-ups.

IJzerman was not always impressed by his clients' cycles. "I tried to build up an overview and base my advice on this," IJzerman said in an interview. "My advice was always based on cutting down total intake, dosage and risky combinations by making adjustments to the cycle. The most common problems were too high doses of steroids, substances from unreliable sources, high doses of thyroid hormones, combinations of substances where not all components were known, and sometimes also a lifestyle that didn't combine well with sports. The cycles some people devised were not always well thought-out."

Cycle
In 1984 IJzerman published data on the steroids cycle of a 24-year-old bodybuilder in the Dutch publication Geneeskunde. The man had been training for eighteen months, had almost finished his second cycle and wanted to know if he was still completely healthy.

The bodybuilder was in the sixth week of his cycle when IJzerman examined him. The concentration of HDL in his blood was low, and the concentrations of the liver enzymes SGOT and SGPT were high. This was why IJzerman advised the bodybuilder to wait before starting another cycle at least until his levels had normalised.

Whole article here:

http://www.ergo-log.com/steroids-cycles-in-1984.html

I do believe that cycle listed, however you need to consider that everything was REAL and properly dosed. Likely Grade 'A' pharmaceutical.

Today's gear is often underdosed, inert, or mislabeled (with a different active ingredient).

Additionally, that cycle seems reasonable by today's standards for a relatively new lifter. The only thing missing is some Test.

I doubt I'd grow much on that cycle tbh. Maybe 40 pounds ago if it was my first cycle but I'm past the point where that would do much for me personally. It's pretty darn safe though. Remove the winstrol and it's even safer and can probably be used for a really long time without any problems.

I totally disagree.

Todays doses aren't that high, it's just the typical forum junkie/wannabe pro with poor genetics that does crazy high doses and posts about them.

That cycle is over 1g total, that is PLENTY for someone with average genetics and good work ethic to qualify for a national level show.

I personally know a pro who has placed well on less in a pro show and I have placed well at the state level on less. I have also done twice as much with little improvement.

It is a small group of very vocal high dose people, many of whom will post extensively below this post, who are trying to use high doses to overcome shit genetics and poor work ethics that make everyone else believe they need very high doses. People who reach their genetic potential without drugs or on very small amounts, with smart training and good genetics, don't need high doses to compete at a high level. People with amazing genetics only need a touch of gear to become absolute freaks. 2-3g plus amazing genetics are top pros.

Differences in good UGL gear vs pharma gear are very, very slight, if anything at all, it's the same very simple molecule, if it's dosed 5% less it isn't going to mean shit. It's not like a carbon is in the wrong spot or something and so it only works 75% as well, that is fantasy.

I know from personal experience that back in 87-88 I took some dbol dosed at about 25 mg/day and grew like a weed. I was only about 17 years old. I do think the steroids we had back then were very good quality and not underdosed. The whole high dose thing is really overblown, and as any experienced user will tell you that there is a point of diminishing returns from high doses. The graph of dose versus growth is not a linear progression. The graph is a slope and it eventually forms a peak and then just levels off. The shape of the graph and how it levels off is going to be different for each person.

I totally disagree.

Todays doses aren't that high, it's just the typical forum junkie/wannabe pro with poor genetics that does crazy high doses and posts about them.

That cycle is over 1g total, that is PLENTY for someone with average genetics and good work ethic to qualify for a national level show.

I personally know a pro who has placed well on less in a pro show and I have placed well at the state level on less. I have also done twice as much with little improvement.

It is a small group of very vocal high dose people, many of whom will post extensively below this post, who are trying to use high doses to overcome shit genetics and poor work ethics that make everyone else believe they need very high doses. People who reach their genetic potential without drugs or on very small amounts, with smart training and good genetics, don't need high doses to compete at a high level. People with amazing genetics only need a touch of gear to become absolute freaks. 2-3g plus amazing genetics are top pros.

Differences in good UGL gear vs pharma gear are very, very slight, if anything at all, it's the same very simple molecule, if it's dosed 5% less it isn't going to mean shit. It's not like a carbon is in the wrong spot or something and so it only works 75% as well, that is fantasy.

I don't know if you were disagreeing with my post or not but I agree with yours.

Obviously in a general sense they took less back then but you are talking about a decade. I am sure most took just as much as they could or what was needed to attain their goals.

Now before I write this the quality of todays high dosed orals and oils is a mute point. Point being I am sure if they had 50mg avar and 20mg dbol back then for the same price many would have been popping a few of them back then too. The fact they probably had 2-5mg tabs made things a little different :D Now another factor is I bet some of those 2-5mg pills back then were better than many of the 20-50mg pills from today.

AAS give you great results compared to being natural. So it's human nature you will get some that abuse and some that are careful. But sure there are more reckless people these days. But this crap about all the pro's/aas users from 30 years ago all took tiny doses is just that... crap.

I completely disagree with you. In the 80's almost everything was real and/or contained what it should.

In the 80's; people could grow on those 2.5mg Anavars & Steris test that the doctors would give out like candy.

It is a flip of the script today. UGL are a crapshoot. You are lucky to get what is on the label and luckier if it is dosed within 5%. People get ripped off all the time. Good sources go bad all the time. The rule of thumb is that everything that can be faked will. I never got blank amps in the 80's or early 90's. Never got bad orals.

It is just the reality of today.

I competed in powerlifting during the early 1980s my typical cycle was 2 grams test cyp & 800mg Deca per week plus 2 or 3 anadrol per day all Dr prescribed and payed for by my insurance at the time.
Boy have things changed since then!
BTWI trained with guys that took 3 times that amount.
From what I have observed over my 40 plus years of lifting is that it's all relative the more you take the bigger and stronger you become. Sure genetics is a piece of the puzzle but I have seen guys over come bad genetics with good old fashioned hard work.

I completely disagree with you. In the 80's almost everything was real and/or contained what it should.

In the 80's; people could grow on those 2.5mg Anavars & Steris test that the doctors would give out like candy.

It is a flip of the script today. UGL are a crapshoot. You are lucky to get what is on the label and luckier if it is dosed within 5%. People get ripped off all the time. Good sources go bad all the time. The rule of thumb is that everything that can be faked will. I never got blank amps in the 80's or early 90's. Never got bad orals.

It is just the reality of today.

I agree...as I've grown older I use human grade over UG and my doses are 1/2 seeing the same results

I agree...as I've grown older I use human grade over UG and my doses are 1/2 seeing the same results

Ditto.

I echo this.

Perhaps because I'm older, but a few bucks more, I go pharma.

You guys need to find new sources. My test levels are usually higher with UGL gear over my rx gear simply because it's usually overdosed. I don't think you guys realize how heap the raws are for all the basics. Cutting it short or faking gear for any sponsor trying to make real money will only cost them. In the early 00's there were a ton of fly by night sources trying to make a quick buck by faking shit or under dosing. That is totally different I'm 2016. Sources can be done from one single bad test or review.

If you are talking guaranteed purity the rx will always be more of a guarantee but if you guys are having other issues with faked or underdosed gear time to get new sources.

Beer was better back when I was 15 too, I could get drunk in couple beers and now it takes twelve pack.

Pliny

Beer was better back when I was 15 too, I could get drunk in couple beers and now it takes twelve pack.

Not if you are drinking Pliny the Elder, a double IPA
coming in at 8% and arguably one of the best beers
in the world. Thank you Russian River Brewery which
is just down the road from where I live :D

I love the underlying message here. I'd be curious to see what happens if all the people who claim these small doses blew them up did the same exact gear and doses now when they aren't noobs anymore. 500mg test now isn't what 500mg test was when I did my first cycle. The reason is because I'm 40lbs bigger now.

Not if you are drinking Pliny the Elder, a double IPA
coming in at 8% and arguably one of the best beers
in the world. Thank you Russian River Brewery which
is just down the road from where I live :D

Think I'll just stick with Bud the Wiser single lager which has been quenching my thirst for beer since I started stealing cans out of my Dads basement fridge in my early teens.

It's actually the very opposite, isn't it?

You get drunk a lot quicker when you're older.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws