over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steroids cycles in 1984

I love the underlying message here. I'd be curious to see what happens if all the people who claim these small doses blew them up did the same exact gear and doses now when they aren't noobs anymore. 500mg test now isn't what 500mg test was when I did my first cycle. The reason is because I'm 40lbs bigger now.
JJ and I were just talking about this. Once you get to a certain level it requires more to maintain that, and even more to progress. Reduce your dosage and you will shrink, guaranteed. I'm not going to waste my time gaining 10lbs and then losing it only to go back "on" and gain it back again. That's silly.

I completely disagree with you. In the 80's almost everything was real and/or contained what it should.

Completely true statement. Those of us that 'lived it' during this period of time know this is the case. Things were better, real, honest. It may sound like a bunch of old guys reminiscing about how things used to be, but I lived it and it was real.

If you had ever told me years ago that guys would be running 50 or even 20mg of Var I'd have called you crazy. Those 2.5mg Var were the shizitt! I think I recall a guy who even went up 7.5mgs a day and he was really pushing the envelope at that rate!~

I love the underlying message here. I'd be curious to see what happens if all the people who claim these small doses blew them up did the same exact gear and doses now when they aren't noobs anymore. 500mg test now isn't what 500mg test was when I did my first cycle. The reason is because I'm 40lbs bigger now.

Exactly. No one is denying there is a lot of crap gear these days due to the sheer volume of ug suppliers. But test is test and 300mg test from a good ug pretty much does the same thing as any pharm grade test at the same dose. I should know I have used loads of different ones. The guy I rep for has some great pharm grade test but his stuff is just as good if not better as it's dosed higher.

Guys say but I got much better results back then. Well I got better results 5 years ago then I do now. I am sure if I had been running gear for 20 years it would be the same for 20 years compared to now. I am x pounds heavier and I have taken the various aas time after time. Dbol is not going to have the same effect when it's literally the 15th time you have took it and you are 50 pounds heavier than the 2nd time you took it.

Completely true statement. Those of us that 'lived it' during this period of time know this is the case. Things were better, real, honest. It may sound like a bunch of old guys reminiscing about how things used to be, but I lived it and it was real.

If you had ever told me years ago that guys would be running 50 or even 20mg of Var I'd have called you crazy. Those 2.5mg Var were the shizitt! I think I recall a guy who even went up 7.5mgs a day and he was really pushing the envelope at that rate!~

Now with the likes of avar I am sure 2.5mg back then was better than most 25mg tabs today. Adrol is generally weaker these days too... lots of crap adrol floating around. Well lots of crap everything floating around so I 100% understand the older guys views on this subject.

For the last 25 years, 90% of what I've used is US pharm, but I have used several UGLs and found their strength exactly the same using bloodwork. I even preferred some UGLs because they didn't use BA or BB. These were all exceptional UGLs however, I have no doubt that it's hit or miss if you don't know who you are dealing with or don't do your research...

Exactly. No one is denying there is a lot of crap gear these days due to the sheer volume of ug suppliers. But test is test and 300mg test from a good ug pretty much does the same thing as any pharm grade test at the same dose. I should know I have used loads of different ones. The guy I rep for has some great pharm grade test but his stuff is just as good if not better as it's dosed higher.

Guys say but I got much better results back then. Well I got better results 5 years ago then I do now. I am sure if I had been running gear for 20 years it would be the same for 20 years compared to now. I am x pounds heavier and I have taken the various aas time after time. Dbol is not going to have the same effect when it's literally the 15th time you have took it and you are 50 pounds heavier than the 2nd time you took it.

Well said. We all had better results at first. Doesn't matter whether we started in the 80s or last year.

I'm sure there are guys who used massive amounts even back then, I knew a guy in 1980's that used a 10ml vial of TEST every week because it was cheap and he had unlimited access.
That was exactly my point brother. Thanks for sharing. There are and always will be low dosers and high dosers, low responders and high responders. Yet every week, there is one of these threads.

:banghead:

I'm good friends with a top 80s pro..he did:
500mg test or deca per wk
25/30mg dbol or winny daily...never came off 10yrs straight, said he'd do more, just didn't need it or know what it would do back then...these days he runs over a gram of test+oral+anabolics

On the flipside a top 90s pro I'm friends with would do:
2000 test+oral+anabolic...cycling on/off

Who knows what everyone else did these guys were pretty honest with Me

Last edited:
I got in the game back then.

First cycle was real Ciba DBol that came in the tiny blue plastic bottles.
Gained 20 lbs in 6 weeks, lost 15lbs the next 6 weeks. Knew NOTHING about any proper PCT.

We also knew nothing about how esters worked so every cycle had to be this elaborate taper up and down. 100 mg of Test for 2 weeks, 150 mg for 2 weeks, 200 mg for 4 weeks, etc.

Cycles weren't planned out based on what you wanted to run, they were based on what you could find to run over a 3-4 month period of searching.

I agree that Test is Test and I have bloodwork to prove that UGL does it what should do. However, nothing compares to the real pharm grade Test, Deca, EQ, DBol, DRol, Winny and Var that was widely available back then.

Purity aside, there is no correct answer to this question because it all depends on what compound we're referring to.

When it comes to testosterone, there is a shit-ton of UGL-made test that is every bit just as potent as any pharmacy-grade test from the 80's. This is because test is cheap to synthesize, so there is less incentive for people to be unethical.

Now, when it comes to stuff like Anavar, Primobolan, and Halotestin (very expensive to make...about 3X as much as Anavar according to a recent manufacturer's price list), your chances of getting properly dosed UGL-made gear goes way down. It's still out there--it's just that a much smaller percentage of what's available is real and properly dosed.

...and then there are a bunch of other AAS with prices throughout the middle range.

For this reason reliability will vary greatly from drug to drug. So, if someone says "80's test was way stronger (inferring proper dosing) than today's stuff", that may be true some of the time, but there is also plenty of UGL-made test that is equally as strong. On the other hand, if someone says "80's Halo was way stronger than today's UGL stuff", that statement will ring true the majority of the time.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL