over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steroids in MMA

dros

Registered
With the UFC implementing USADA, theres been alot of guys getting caught with designer steroids, different peptides, hgh, EPO and such.

Back in PRIDE they spesifically said on the contract ''we will notnot test for steroids''

Say, you had a fighter you could give anything. Have him as a test subject.

What would be your compounds/stacks and dosages?
And the reasons for these?

I saw a recent video of Kimbo slice and he lost like 100 pounds of
muscle :eek:
He's like the average joe now when off steriods

I grew up doing bjj and muay thai. I messed around with gear a few times while training, but found that when i trained I lost so much flexibility because i would become so pumped with blood. It would get to the point i could not hold my hands up to block because they felt so heavy and full with blood.

You should pm a member here named muah thai. He will probably have some good info for you.

Here is an old list of what guys were popped taking.

JOSH BARNETT
Caught: 4/22/02, following his TKO victory over Randy Couture at UFC 36.
Tested positive for: Boldenone, Nandrolone, and Fluoxymesterone

TIM SYLVIA
Caught: 10/7/03, following his first-round knockout of Gan McGee at UFC 44.
Tested positive for: Stanozolol

KIMO LEOPOLDO Caught: 8/16/04, following his TKO loss to Ken Shamrock at UFC 48.

NATE MARQUARDT
Caught: 8/15/05, following his unanimous decision win over Ivan Salaverry at Ultimate Fight Night 1.
Tested positive for: Nandrolone

KIMO LEOPOLDO AGAIN!!
Caught: 7/20/06, two days before he was scheduled to fight Bas Rutten at WFA: King of the Streets.

VITOR BELFORT
Caught: 10/26/06, following his unanimous decision loss to Dan Henderson at PRIDE 32.
Tested positive for: 4-Hydroxytestosterone

PAWEL NASTULA
Caught: 10/26/06, following his submission loss against Josh Barnett at PRIDE 32.

STEPHAN BONNAR
Caught: 11/3/06, following his second unanimous decision loss to Forrest Griffin at UFC 62.
Tested positive for: Boldenone

KIT COPE
Caught: 1/25/07, following his submission via strikes loss to Rob McCullough at WEC 25.

JOHNNIE MORTON
Caught: 6/13/07, following his 38-second knockout loss against Bernard Ackah at Dynamite!! USA.
Tested positive for: Unspecified anabolic steroids. Morton’s pre-fight urine test came back as positive for a very elevated T/E (testosterone) ratio — 83.9, when the average for an athlete is 6.

ROYCE GRACIE
Caught: 6/14/07, following his unanimous decision win over Kazushi Sakuraba at Dynamite!! USA.

JORGE ORTIZ
Caught: 6/26/07, following his TKO loss to Jesse Taylor at Total Combat 21.

PHIL BARONI
Caught: 7/7/07, following his technical submission loss to Frank Shamrock at Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Baroni.
Tested positive for: Boldenone and Stanozolol

SEAN SHERK
Caught: 7/19/07, following his unanimous decision win against Hermes Franca at UFC 73.

ERMES FRANCA
Caught: 7/19/07, following his unanimous decision loss to Sean Sherk at UFC 73.
Tested positive for: Drostanolone

ANTHONY TORRES
Caught: 10/3/07, following his TKO loss to Jess Liaudin at UFC 75.
Tested positive for: Boldenone. Torres was the first fighter to be caught by a UFC-administered steroid test.

BILL MAHOOD
Caught: 10/15/07, following his submission via rib injury loss to Bobby Southworth at Strikeforce’s first Playboy Mansion show.

ADAM SMITH
Caught: 10/17/07, following his unanimous decision loss to Dewey Cooper at Strikeforce’s first Playboy Mansion show.
Tested positive for: Nandrolone and Stanozolol — as well as cocaine and marijuana.

JASON WINTHERS
Caught: 11/19/07, following his TKO loss against Richard Blake at Rebel Fights: Unleashed Fury.
Tested positive for: Stanozolol and the veterinary steroid Trenbolone — as well as methadone and morphine.

RUBEN VILLAREAL
Caught: 11/28/07, following his TKO loss to Jimmy Ambriz at WCO: Kerr vs. Gavin.
Tested positive for: 4-Hydroxytestosterone

DENNIS HALLMAN
Caught: 11/29/07, following his submission win over Jeremiah Metcalf at Strikeforce: Four Men Enter, One Man Survives.
Tested positive for: Drostanolone and Nandrolone

ALEXANDER CRISPIM
Caught: 11/29/07, following his unanimous decision win over Clint Coronel at Strikeforce: Four Men Enter, One Man Survives.
Tested positive for: Desoxymethyltestosterone

CARINA DAMM
Caught: 5/15/08, following her submission win over Sophie Bagherdai at Femme Fatale Fighting 4.

ALEXANDRE NOGUEIRA
Caught: 7/7/08, following his TKO loss to Jose Aldo at WEC 34.

ANTONIO SILVA
Caught: 8/21/08, following his TKO win over Justin Eilers at EliteXC: Unfinished Business.

EDWIN DEWEES
Caught: 8/21/08, following his TKO loss against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at Affliction: Banned.
Tested positive for: A massive amount of Nandrolone. The CSAC’s Bill Douglas said that the amount of the steroid in Dewees’ system — 499ng/ml, if you want to get technical — was “hard to explain.”

CHRIS LEBEN
Caught: 11/3/08, following his decision loss to Michael Bisping at UFC 89.

KIRILL SIDELNIKOV
Caught: 3/3/09, following his TKO loss to Paul Buentello at Affliction: Day of Reckoning.

KEN SHAMROCK
Caught: 3/11/09, following his submission win over super-heavyweight tubbaguts Ross Clifton at WarGods: Valentine’s Eve Massacre.
Tested positive for: 19-Norandrosterone, 19-Noretiocholanolone, and Stanozolol

JOSH BARNETT (Pt. 2)
Caught: 7/21/09, 11 days before he was scheduled to fight Fedor Emelianenko in the main event of Affliction: Trilogy.

COLE PROVINCE
Caught: 8/17/09, following his unanimous decision win over Fredson Paixao at WEC 42.
Tested positive for: Methasterone

CHAEL SONNEN
Caught: 9/18/10, following his submission loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 117.
Tested positive for: "A natural steroid"
Punishment: $2,500 fine and a one-year suspension from the CSAC.

VINICIUS QUIEROZ
Caught: 11/2/10, following his submission loss to Rob Broughton at UFC 120.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fighter Name

PED

Year of positive test

Source

Thiago Alves Spironolactone 2006 Source
Josh Barnett Boldenone 2002 Source
Phil Baroni Boldenone, stanozolol metabolites 2007 Source
Ali Bagautinov EPO 2014 Source
Vitor Belfort 4-hydroxytestosterone 2006 Source
Joey Beltran Nandrolone 2013 Source
Stephan Bonnar Drostanolone 2012 Source
Brian Bowles elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E) ratio 2013 Source
Josh Burkman Winstrol 2005 Source
Kevin Casey Drostanolone 2014 Source
Rafael Cavalcante Stanozolol 2012 Source
Kit Cope Boldenone 2007 Source
Edwin Dewees Nandrolone 2008 Source
Robert Drysdale testosterone-to-epitestosterone 2014 Source
Hermes Franca Drostanolone 2007 Source
Jon Fitch Elevated testosterone 2015 Source
Royce Gracie Nandrolone metabolite 2007 Source
Dennis Hallman Drostanolone, Nandrolone 2007 Source
Piotr Hallmann Drostanolone 2014 Source
James Irvin Trenbolone 2010 Source
Lavar Johnson Elevated testosterone 2013 Source
Mark Kerr Steroids entire career Source
Mike King Nandrolone 2014 Source
Chris Leben Stanozolol 2008 Source
Kimo Leopoldo Stanozolol 2004 Source
Hector Lombard desoxymethyltestosterone 2015 Source
Bill Mahood Drostanolone 2007 Source
Nate Marquardt Nandrolone 2005 Source
Sean McCully Nandrolone 2006 Source
Gilbert Melendez Testosterone metabolites 2015 Source
Augusto Montaño exogenous origin of testosterone metabolites 2015 Source
Pedro Munhoz elevated levels of testosterone 2014 Source
Brian Ortega Drostanolone 2014 Source
Alistair Overeem Testosterone- Epitestosterone 2012 Source
Rousimar Palhares Elevated testosterone 2012 Source
Vinicius Queiroz Stanozolol 2010 Source
Kevin Randleman Submitting fake urine sample 2006 Source
Jason Reinhardt Steroids Entire career Source
Ben Rothwell Elevated testosterone 2013 Source
Ken Shamrock Stanozolol, 19-Norandrosterone and 19-Noretiocholanolone 2009 Source
Sean Sherk Nandrolone 2007 Source
Dennis Siver Human chorionic gonadotropin 2013 Source
Anderson Silva Drostanolone, Androstane 2015 Source
Antônio Silva Boldenone 2008 Source
Thiago Silva Falsified urine sample 2011 Source
Wanderlei Silva Failure to take random drug test 2014 Source
Chael Sonnen testosterone/epitestosterone, EPO, HGH, Human chorionic gonadotropin 2012 Source, Source
Tim Sylvia Stanozolol 2003 Source
Anthony Torres Boldenone 2007 Source

With the UFC implementing USADA, theres been alot of guys getting caught with designer steroids, different peptides, hgh, EPO and such.

Back in PRIDE they spesifically said on the contract ''we will notnot test for steroids''

Say, you had a fighter you could give anything. Have him as a test subject.

What would be your compounds/stacks and dosages?
And the reasons for these?

I would imagine that they use low dosages, mainly for recovery. Say a high TRT dose, something that gets you to 900-1200 total test.

Also Anavar, Deca, HGH, and EQ are used in low dosages.

I would think something good for aggression before the fight itself would be good. Fluoxymesterone, or Halotestin, would be good. There were rumors that Tyson used to take it before his fights at one point in his career. Supposedly he took it the night he bit off Holyfield's ear! Makes sense for sure. I took it once and did feel very impatient with people but never had any incidence of rage like that.

So it looks like deca, EQ, masteron, test, and winstrol...One guy even got caught for tren, which is silly considering you need as much endurance in the cage as possible, and tren rips that out.

It's really amazing how many guys chose to use deca and EQ, considering the half lives

I would imagine that they use low dosages, mainly for recovery. Say a high TRT dose, something that gets you to 900-1200 total test.

Also Anavar, Deca, HGH, and EQ are used in low dosages.

Im not too sure about Anavar. Even low dose Anavar give you a pretty good pump, which is not good for fighting

Im not too sure about Anavar. Even low dose Anavar give you a pretty good pump, which is not good for fighting

I know a few guys down south that do amateur MMA and they only use var. Not saying I agree, but thats what they use.

And you could do var at 20mgs a day and not have those crazy pumps. 75 is where they happen for me and that's after being on for five weeks

I think Kimbo is in his 50's now but your right the look of a lot of the UFC fighters has changed.
He's in his early 40s

I saw a recent video of Kimbo slice and he lost like 100 pounds of
muscle :eek:
He's like the average joe now when off steriods

Lol ,no ,just stop. His last fight was less than a month ago and he weighed 235 iirc. He's always been close to that weight even early on against tank abbott

always wanted to guru for a fighter

I am surprised it hasn't come up (maybe it means its stupid) but I figured insulin would be a GREAT tool for fighters with a weigh in. I am not familiar with when weigh ins are and when fits the time in between weighing in and fights... but IF a guy carb depleted and water depleted to make weight it seems ideal to carb load with slin RIGHT after the weigh in until the fight. more glycogen in the muscles would do nothing but help I would think. plus more bodyweight, more leverage and more power.....
-F2S

Last edited:
I grew up doing bjj and muay thai. I messed around with gear a few times while training, but found that when i trained I lost so much flexibility because i would become so pumped with blood. It would get to the point i could not hold my hands up to block because they felt so heavy and full with blood.

You should pm a member here named muah thai. He will probably have some good info for you.

what you said is a fact . My company works hand and hand with numerous bellator, ufc, and titan fighters.

I will say I have seen guys cycle orals off season and beat detection times everytime for UFC fights . Methyltestosterone, Halotestin, proviron, mestanolone I think it's called , epithio, ephedra, yohimbine and even dbol off season. keyword offseason folks

Last edited:
I know they can use testosterone if prescribed.One guy I know for a fact is "bigfoot" Silva.He is on prescribed test and has been cleared to use it.
He uses a little extra wink wink and some other fast clearing substances periodically.
Sidenote:Silva did have to prove he had a condition in which Testosterone was needed.He had a tumor on his pituitary gland.

Last edited:
Alot of guys missing weight since the ban of iv rehydration

I know they can use testosterone if prescribed.One guy I know for a fact is "bigfoot" Silva.He is on prescribed test and has been cleared to use it.
He uses a little extra wink wink and some other fast clearing substances periodically.
Sidenote:Silva did have to prove he had a condition in which Testosterone was needed.He had a tumor on his pituitary gland.

Not anymore . They changed it last year no TRT

Yeah, Bigfoot Silva is actually the only one with a legit condition, Acromegaly, to use TRT. His pituitary gland is basically fucked, and with no TRT, he is fucked.

But, like VFW said, theres no more TRT. I'm positive they do use something though.

Silva squirts blood when cut like no other lol...it's gross

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420