over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steroids that affect gabaa/b receptors

grizzly978

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I don't want to sound like a crybaby with this question but I just got off klonopin .5 mg (1 year of use) and my gaba receptors were harmed from a heavy run of eq and too much alcohol about 2 years ago. I wanted to know if running a cycle of Test E and throwing in an a prohormone (Epistane 30mg) would affect my gaba receptors? I thought epistane didn't affect them but second opinions would be great :lightbulb:

I think all of them do to some degree, but Nandrolone and EQ are the worst offenders.

Yeah eq had me in a bad place. Do you know anything about epistane?

I never heard steroids can mess with the GABA receptors. Links to any info on this?

I never heard steroids can mess with the GABA receptors. Links to any info on this?

Effects of chronic exposure to an anabolic andr... [Neuroscience. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

I've always thought the stronger androgens could hav ethis effect, but winstrol, eq, and deca aren't strong androgens and they may cause anxiety. I was just trying to see if there are any steroids/prohormones that don't have much of an effect on mental state or bran receptors , especially gabaa.

The only one that doesn't affect me at all is Primo. I get varying degrees of Gaba-ergic issues with every other AAS.

The OP make is sound as thou you have residual or lasting damage? I have GABA issues as well but didn't realize steroids made them worse.

Last edited:
All hormones intertwine, Sex hormones regulate/deregulate Neuro steroids

Benzo such as klonopin have a suppressive action on Serum Cortisol Benzodiazepine suppression of cortisol se... [Pharmacopsychiatry. 1986] - PubMed - NCBI

**broken link removed**

In your particular situation, I would choose a natural occurring hormone such as Pregenolone that transversely metabolizes too Cortisol, as well as other Endogenous Sex hormones and Neuro steroid Pregnenelone Hormones: Benefits - VRP.com

Long term benzo's also blunts GH secretion, although once stopped this is no longer an issue. Long-term benzodiazepine administration ... [Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1983] - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:
What method of taking preg? I heard orally its totally different than what it's meant to be.

Grizzly...

Sounds like you suffered from anxiety and potential panic attacks?

I have found certain hormones will either increase anxiousness or do the opposite and sedate you...

You obviously need some sedation. I do not BS anyone and when I speak of products its because they works and I believe in them.

Something that has shown to lower anxiety and gaba beta receptors is 7,8 benzoflavone. It will mildly sedate you and make you feel very calm and cool.

There is a product called sustain alpha gel that is a topical formula that does this. Its a very 'feel good' type product. For someone like myself who is naturally calm and 'chill' it can almost be too much calming for me.

Also -- something like an Androsterone-beta isomer hormone or 11-oxo-adrenosterone hormone will act as a GABA agonist so it will also mellow you out..

-FF

Grizzly...

Something that has shown to lower anxiety and gaba beta receptors is 7,8 benzoflavone. It will mildly sedate you and make you feel very calm

-FF

I have similar issues to the OP and I am always on the lookout for supps to help with it.
I did a quick search on this product and was a little alarmed to come across this.... what are your thoughts?
**broken link removed**

The OP make is sound as thou you have residual or lasting damage? I have GABA issues as well but didn't realize steroids made them worse.

Yeah I think I have some damage. Last year when it all started it was so bad I couldn't even function. Now I am much better but I try to stay away from stuff that will mess with my receptors. I used a high dose of EQ and I had no anxiety before using it in my life. It just messed up my receptors and gave me some horrible panic attacks even months after I stopped.

The only one that doesn't affect me at all is Primo. I get varying degrees of Gaba-ergic issues with every other AAS.

Have you tried the prohormone epistane? I bought like 5 bottles online and I want to give it a try with my test cycle.

I have similar issues to the OP and I am always on the lookout for supps to help with it.
I did a quick search on this product and was a little alarmed to come across this.... what are your thoughts?
**broken link removed**

Refer to this -- **broken link removed**

-FF

Have you tried the prohormone epistane? I bought like 5 bottles online and I want to give it a try with my test cycle.

I've used Epichloral, which containes epistane and another prohormone. I don't recall having anxiety issues, but that may be because all I could think about was the extreme lethargy I experienced. Not sure if it was the epistane or the other prohormone in the mix that caused it.

Refer to this -- **broken link removed**

-FF

Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

I've used Epichloral, which containes epistane and another prohormone. I don't recall having anxiety issues, but that may be because all I could think about was the extreme lethargy I experienced. Not sure if it was the epistane or the other prohormone in the mix that caused it.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

Would you be interested in trying Sustain Alpha gel???

I use it nightly to wind down and decrease tension and anxiety as Im always up late emailing clients or working..... lots of excitability ...

-FF

I use it nightly to wind down and decrease tension and anxiety as Im always up late emailing clients or working..... lots of excitability ...

-FF

How does it work?

-FF

Yes, I would definitely like to try some.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear