over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stewie and other docs: potassium with ACEi/ARB

Its a valid hypothesis. I have read a lot about the heart having a finite number of contractions on average during a healthy person's lifestyle.

I know first hand from caloric restriction that my bloodwork improves consistently...and I've tested that in the past using foods that are considered not really healthy choices.

It's odd that low calorie diets made up of some bad food shows a marked improvement over higher calories of clean food.....in my case anyway.

But that could be the merits of fasting intermittently affecting that.

I'm taking Carditone even though I don't have high BP.

I typically stay in the 105/65 range or thereabouts....and a resting pulse rate of between 55-60.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Yea if you look at the bloodwork of someone who is thin even with suboptimal diet it is almost always better than that of someone who is obese even if they are somehow obese eating generally well and exercising. That can change a bit with age but on average less calories and being a healthy body weight is superior health wise than being overweight and/or stuffing one's face even with traditionally healthy foods. Of course it's still better to eat healthier nutritious foods regardless of your weight or caloric intake.

Your BP and HR are right around the perfect level in my opinion. I'd prefer mind to be there, which they are when I'm eating normally. Lately both have been too low and borderline concerning.

The finite number of contractions for the heart thing isn't true. That's like saying our heart is like a battery. HIIT cardio wouldn't be such a healthy thing to do if that were true.

I've also seen low calorie diets make the most improvements in health. It's just unrealistic for me to remain on a caloric restriction every day the rest of my life though, so I don't see the harm in taking one of these BP meds as long as it's well studied and considered safe. I feel more comfortable without high BP and a low resting heart rate.

It's obviously not exact, but there is a correlation between higher heart rates and increased risk of mortality. Not to mention that those doing HIIT or exercising regularly are only increasing HR very temporarily.

Who's going to have more heart beats over the course of a day, me who does HIIT and gets up to 160bpm for 20min and then because of my conditioning is only at 40-50bpm the rest of the day...or someone who does no cardio ever and has resting HR of 80? Obviously the latter individual will net much higher beats per day.

Regarding the chronic low calories....I agree I could never do it long term. Even if one could in theory extend life by 30% with extreme caloric restriction as seen in some tested species that just sounds like an awful life being chronically hungry and fatigued. There does appear to be some research out there though showing low calories followed by brief periods of overfeeding may have benefits though, in theory diminishing senescent cells during the undereating period while allowing more recovery during the overeating periods. Whether or not basical intermittent fasting or small changes (like 1800 for 3 days followed by 4000 for 1 day) would have any effect on that I have no idea.

The finite number of contractions for the heart thing isn't true. That's like saying our heart is like a battery. HIIT cardio wouldn't be such a healthy thing to do if that were true.

I've also seen low calorie diets make the most improvements in health. It's just unrealistic for me to remain on a caloric restriction every day the rest of my life though, so I don't see the harm in taking one of these BP meds as long as it's well studied and considered safe. I feel more comfortable without high BP and a low resting heart rate.

I don't think it's that simple especially if you do the math.

Someone with an average HR of let's say 80 BPM.

80×60×24= 115,200 per day.

Someone with an average HR of 60 BPM factoring in 20 minutes of HIIT

60x60x24= 86,400 + 20 minutes of HIIT (160BPM = 3,200) = 89,600 per day.

So there is a difference.

Now whether it matters..... I don't know. But the fact that most of the longest living animals also typically have the slowest metabolisms tends to hold some merit for some....especially on some of the life extension forums.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner