over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sticking to meal plan when traveling...

Ali

Registered
Hey guys, I wanted to get some ideas from anyone here who has had to travel for work or pleasure and stuck with their diet? This is not a vacation or a trip for me to just let loose and enjoy myself, its for work and i will be traveling more often in the near future. When traveling locally within the state its easy for me to pack a few days worth of food and drive to my destination and put it all in the fridge in the hotel room.

However, some of my travel requires air time so i'll be out of state and in airports, so yes i can get a hotel with a fridge, but no kitchen to cook.

I was thinking of packing all my food and putting it in my cooler and just checking it in with my luggage, but the question is how long can chicken,steak and those items go before spoiling?

Protien supplements help here, however i don't want to take more supps then i need, i rather stick with whole foods.

Thanks in advance.

However, some of my travel requires air time so i'll be out of state and in airports, so yes i can get a hotel with a fridge, but no kitchen to cook.

I was thinking of packing all my food and putting it in my cooler and just checking it in with my luggage, but the question is how long can chicken,steak and those items go before spoiling?

Protien supplements help here, however i don't want to take more supps then i need, i rather stick with whole foods.

Thanks in advance.

I cook in advance, freeze it, then the day I leave put it in soft sided, collapsable cooler with baggies of ice until I get to the airport. Then before I go through security I dump the ice until I get on the plane, then I just ask the flight attendant for some more. On the way back home you can just fold up the cooler and put it in your bag since you will most likely be done with your food. :)

I'm in the same boat. When traveling instate I pack my lunch. When air travel is involved I just pack my supps.. You are on the company dime....just eat smart. I have have found most restaurants will prepare your food anyway you want!

you got a contest within a few weeks? if not, screw all that, totally unecessary. who says you have to stuff your face with the food on the road. eat a portion of the meals you buy or buy the one's that are lean. you are worried about gaining fat, right? nothing has changed, it's always about total calories.
on top of all of it you say the travel is for enjoyment, and you want to heat pieces of meat and broccoli and choke down protein shakes, screw that.

When I ussually go on trips out of state I eat a meal containing about 45 protein/50-100 carbs/some kind of greens and some kind of fat about a tsp of macadamia nut oil and this holds me over the whole plane ride as soon as I land I find the nearest chicken spot and buy enough to last the day as far a the rest carbs/veggies I just do daily shopping-HOPE THAT HELPS

i think a good idea would be to invest in one of those little vaccuum sealed things you can buy anywhere these days, with lynx's idea... also a food dehydrator maybe another alternative...

You can pack your TUNA in a can, Oatmeal in a ziplock along with rice and prepare all of these in the hotel room, eating out is ok as well, like someone said already almost anywhere will cook food the way you want. Get a burger without the bun and a side of green beans, a chicken breast sandwich without the bun with a side of green beans or rice or baked patato dry...the list is endless just be smart about it

Beef jerky, can tuna, and protein bars become my best friends when traveling...if it is vacation, then anything goes:D

I got to sams club and buy these huge cans of chicken and turkey which have exactly 60 grams of protein a piece. take those with me along with a can opener and some oatmeal and I am gtg. I spent 4 months out of town for work and thats practically all i ate aside from my whey and casein i brought with me.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I am back from trip and i basicaly did the following in these steps :)

1.)Cooked all my food the night before and put it in the freezer over night

2.)Purchased several ice packs and froze those as well

3.) Packed up the cooler with everything and off to the airport and i just checked in my cooler iwth my luggage.

It made it throught the flight, the food was still extremly cold just beginning to thaw out, and the ice packs were still very cold.

I was able to pack roughly 10 meals and enough protien powder to supplement other meals i needed.

This method worked great, but the only problem is the cooler i have isn't really meant to be checked in with luggage, meaning it took a beating with the wear and tear of it being tossed around. I remember someone posting a type of luggage that was a cooler with wheels and handle and literally looked just like a peice of luggage but it was a cooler.

If i can geta hold of something like that, then i can literally pack everything and not worry about the bag tearing.

Just figured i'd share with anyone that was interested in knowing how i managered these last 3 days.

Glad it worked out for you. I carry my cooler on the plane, as I usually need to eat sometime during the flight. I can't pack ice, ice packs, or peanut butter, though, as all are considered "liquids." I bring along a couple extra gallon baggies for ice, which I get at a Starbucks or coffee shop in the airport after I go through security so the food stays cool during the flight.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I am back from trip and i basicaly did the following in these steps :)

1.)Cooked all my food the night before and put it in the freezer over night

2.)Purchased several ice packs and froze those as well

3.) Packed up the cooler with everything and off to the airport and i just checked in my cooler iwth my luggage.

It made it throught the flight, the food was still extremly cold just beginning to thaw out, and the ice packs were still very cold.

I was able to pack roughly 10 meals and enough protien powder to supplement other meals i needed.

This method worked great, but the only problem is the cooler i have isn't really meant to be checked in with luggage, meaning it took a beating with the wear and tear of it being tossed around. I remember someone posting a type of luggage that was a cooler with wheels and handle and literally looked just like a peice of luggage but it was a cooler.

If i can geta hold of something like that, then i can literally pack everything and not worry about the bag tearing.

Just figured i'd share with anyone that was interested in knowing how i managered these last 3 days.

Yea glad it worked out bro!..ill keep these tips in mind when going to Vegas in Sept.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws