over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Still FLAT, did I do something wrong?

I tend to agree with Oldfella here.

I asked Palumbo about this and there is a little difference.

Palumbo's focus is maintaining as much muscle as you can while dieting down with virtually no carbs. Palumbo also stays in ketosis for all the duration of the diet. He also adds one carb meal at the end of the week for glycogen replemishment (all though I dont think that is enough). Another approach (Dan Duchaine) is were you can actually diet down were you get into ketosis for around 5 to 7 days and then you supercompensate the muscles with a glycogen load. This produces and incredibe anabolic environment that supercompensates the muscles and you can actually gain some muscle while dieting. I think both approaches work really well and I have actually incorporated a modified Palumbo/Duchaine diet. I like to use the Palumbo diet for prolong fast extreme fat loss, when I feel I am loosing to much muscle or going flat I add a 3 to 4 day carb load. I am also very hesitate to lifting heavy while in ketosis so I usually do more cardio than weights while in ketosis and add 2 weeks of moderate carbs surrounded around my workouts so I can hit the weights hard and heavy.

One thing I am not sold completley on with the Palumbo diet is going for long periods of time in ketosis while lifting heavy with the weights. I know that the proteins will produce a slight glucogesis, but I dont think it would be suffiecient for muscle sparing and to stop catabolism for occuring. I know alot will disagree with this but I need my muscle to full of glycogen when I lift heavy, it feels better, and the pumps are insane.

bro i remember my first show i cut carbs way to much and i was flat as hell,it took me 3 days to fill out after my show and 6 days later i was finaly full

i'll let you guys debate this with palumbo then.

his words, not mine, and seeing how he seems to be the most responsible for the resurgence of this diet methodology, i'm not going to argue.

:)

BFU

dave or not, it's been a known fact for years

I don't like to repeat what people say, I like to do it myself and see how it works

dave or not, it's been a known fact for years

I don't like to repeat what people say, I like to do it myself and see how it works

Well said.I beleive everyone is differentand you can certainly take into strong consideration what other's say, but it really comes down to a combination of advice and what works for you personally and from experience...

Okay guys new question

I am clearly taking into account what oldfella and mike are telling me, they seem very knowledgable in the diet field... Heres my dilemma. I want to eat super high carbs. I get freaky strong, vascular, and pumped beyong belief with high carbs... Problem is, if I go too high in carbs I gain fat real easily. If Im weighing 260ish right about now, what would be a recommended carb level? Also should I do a cut off? i try to limit my carbs after say 5pm... So i want to keep my carbs high but don't want fat acculumation... Possible? If so, what kind of carbs and what kind of timing.....
Thanks everyone. Love getting all this information. Have agreat new years.

Well said.I beleive everyone is differentand you can certainly take into strong consideration what other's say, but it really comes down to a combination of advice and what works for you personally and from experience...

Okay guys new question

I am clearly taking into account what oldfella and mike are telling me, they seem very knowledgable in the diet field... Heres my dilemma. I want to eat super high carbs. I get freaky strong, vascular, and pumped beyong belief with high carbs... Problem is, if I go too high in carbs I gain fat real easily. If Im weighing 260ish right about now, what would be a recommended carb level? Also should I do a cut off? i try to limit my carbs after say 5pm... So i want to keep my carbs high but don't want fat acculumation... Possible? If so, what kind of carbs and what kind of timing.....
Thanks everyone. Love getting all this information. Have agreat new years.
IS, try 400-500gm/s per day of quality complex carbs. Also add to this 400gms/day quality protein. Limit carb intake after 4 pm and just eat good fats and protein after that time. Do cardio 3 times per week at moderate intensity and for about 40 mins. This should keep BF levels down and still allow for quality gains.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131